Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Football September Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tom Ato, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm still giggling over that Ole Miss loss. S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C! Oh damn, I forgot, the entire conference likes to take credit for each other's victories, but definitely not each others losses.

And Kellen Moore is the goddamn truth.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am really taking enjoyment out of Ol Miss's loss also. I wonder how the SEC is going to feel when Fresno State beats Ol miss in about 2 weeks. I guess then I am going to have to hope Ol Miss runs the table in the SEC.

Of course Fresno State will probably lose to San Luis Obispo this weekend. SLO is a really tough D1AA program (just as Wisconsin), and Fresno State is probably going to be way too cocky after last weeks win over Cincinnati.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lot of good games today.

I really think that Penn State is in a no-lose situation here. If they win, that's great. If they lose, they still get to go home to some place that isn't Alabama.

4. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Stoked for the Oregon vs Tennessee game today it should be a good one for us even though Tenn isn't ranked there decent team.

5. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Three good games about to start. I'm actually pretty interested in the Michigan Notre Dame game. That game will give a better perspective about how good those teams actually are. Notre Dame's defense looked much improved last week, and it's a good early test for Denard Span.

I watched the Georgia S. Carolina games this morning, and I was pretty impressed with S. Carolina. I think they make too many mistakes to have fewer than 2 loses, but I think that's good enough to win the SEC East this year. Look out for Marcus Lattimor as a potential Heissman candidate. He's a beast.

I'm nervous about my Buckeye's against Miami, but I think they'll get the win. Hopefully they'll look dominant early, and calm my nerves down.

I love college football.

6. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Boom Herron is so much better than Brandon Saine it's ridiculous. Of course, the officials seem to be solidly in favor of Miami already. Going to be an interesting game.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If by better you mean smaller, slower, and less patient. Saine isn't getting any help from the O-line or the playcalling today. I love how many times the announcers have pointed out that the refs blew a call already.

Ohio State has called a QB draw on two third-and-longs so far. Neither worked because almost every third down is a QB draw anymore. How can people be talking about this kid for Heisman if his own team doesn't trust him to throw it?

8. Polarfsu

Polarfsu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It sucks to be a FSU fan now, so much for the revival.

9. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

OREGON FOOTBALL BABY!!! This should be good.

10. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

VT losing to James Madison screws Boise out of a chance to play for a National Title. I would have liked to see what they could of done against the top tier, but that's how it goes.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was looking at an ESPN the magazine and they had these lists. One was Heisman winners who were neither a RB or QB. The first two players listed were from 1936 and 1949 and their position listed was E. Does anyone know what this is?

12. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

E is for End. They played both a Tight end and a Defensive end.

13. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's ALL ABOUT DENARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm positive he's going to be the first 20-20 player since Tim Tebow in 2007. 20+ TDs in the air and on the ground.

14. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's going to have to really pick up the pace to make that happen. He's only had one of each in both of their games. 12-12 is still pretty good, but a long way from 20-20.

15. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tonight at 10pm Eastern 7pm Pacific the Cal Bears are playing Reno in Reno. Pac 10 vs WAC. Why do I care? Colin Kapernick the quarterback for Reno grew up across town from me. I have got the chance to see this kid at all levels and he is some kind of fun to watch.

So when you are settling tonight, take in the game it should be a good one.

16. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Looking forward to seeing Mallett against Georgia tomorrow afternoon. Should be a good test.

17. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy Shit, UNR (Reno) actually won this game! Keppernick is pretty damn good, and you have to give a ton of credit to UNR's defensive line. They put a lot of pressure on Cal's QB. Even with that, Cal was a few calls/plays from getting back in it early in the second half. Great game.

18. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Basically Cal is the team that every year "should have a breakout year" but never does. It was on at the bar I was at, at one point it was 24-21 Nevada, then I look later and Nevada was up by 2+ TDs which wasn't surprising at all.

Nevada seems to be one of those teams who's offense can be hard to prepare for (see also, Navy, GaTech, Houston, TTU) so unless your offense is up for a shootout its going to get tough at some point

19. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If Ohio beats Ohio State today, I will cry tears of adulation and I don't care who sees it.

20. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ohio State just ran a wildcat play. What the fuck? Pryor is a better runner than anyone else they could put back there. Their biggest problem this year is that they're trying to be too clever with the play design. They just had a first and goal, pissed around with three idiotic plays (including the wildcat), then ran a simple dive play on 4th and walked in.