Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2010 NCAA National Champions: Duke Blue Devils

sounds so motherfucking good.

2. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also came up with a great drinking game! Drink every time I think Gordon HaYward looks like my best friends' boyfriend.

3. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Had he sunk that shot - and be honest now - where would that rank as the greatest college basketball games of all time? A half-court buzzer beater to win the national championship? And he was that close? I mean seriously. That would have usurped the 1992 East Regional Finals as the greatest college basketball game ever... OK maybe not, but it would have been close.

4. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I thought that he was going to nail the one before it, that fucking ball held in the air for what seemed like forever.

Oh shit, "One Shining Moment" ... I get chills every time. This is going to be played at my funeral.

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loved the replay from under the basket where you can see Zoubek's face go from sheer terror to relief to elation in one smooth motion.

6. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Right up there with NC State beating Houston in '83....probably greater. Probably the greatest national championship game ever. Instead it just fucking sucks that Duke won.

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great, now we get a 96-team tournament and ESPN will suck Duke's dick both longer and more strenuously than they usually do.

Well played, Butler.

8. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Alright seriously, I'm saying this now - One shining moment has got to be the worst song of all time, ever, in any capacity. It is the gayest thing I think I've ever heard - "Feel the beat of your heart"? "The ball is tipped, and there you are"? I don't care who you are or how much you love basketball or your team, you will never convince me that that song isn't the fucking silliest thing ever associated with a game.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In other News I placed second in the Idiot Board bracket pool, pretty pathetic considering I had one final four team correct.

10. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tough to say, since the only clip I've seen from the '83 championship is the last play. But for the fact that it would've been a half-court shot to win the national championship, has to be the greatest game ever. Shabamon has it right though. Now it just sucks.

And to think we would never have had to see Christian Fucking Laettner ever again.

11. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It took me till the second half to really get into that game, but when it took off, man it FUCKING TOOK OFF. A hair or two below the 2008 Kansas-Memphis title game in sheer thrill level, but a gutsy effort by Butler - even if they spend the final 4-5 minutes of the game taking shots so eye-poppingly stupid that I stood on my friends couch and started howling. What the HELL were they driving for swatted and stuffed layups for? NO SOUP FOR YOU, MAN. NO FUCKING SOUP, BULLDOGS. TAKE THE GODDAMN THREE. I'M STILL ANGRY.

Meanwhile, inside Cameron Indoor Stadium (Duke's court) my Duke alumnus brother was howling, but for a whole nother reason, with thousands of other Duke fans.

Fuck. I'm jealous. Still waiting for Michigan to get a football or basketball title while I'm on campus.

12. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wow, eating crow sucks. Here you go Riggins. Your own slice of Kittie's humble pie.