Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, Mar 14, 2010.

1. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awesome. Suck it, Kansas.

2. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

...and right now, Thad Matta and Evan Turner are smiling.

3. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

4. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Go CATS! I'd love to see Duke and Kentucky for a revenge game via 1992. Yes, I am still bitter over that damn shot. I still hate you Christian Laettner.

And Riggins, my soul died a little when I saw that you are a Duke fan. Don't you know that for every Duke fan, God allows a puppy to be ass raped?

5. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You mean this: Greatest Shot Ever

One of the things that makes this years tourney so exciting, is the "random" teams (for lack of a better term) that are in it. With North Carolina, UConn, Indiana, UCLA, etc of perennial power teams that are in the tourney, all out, it has opened up slots for teams that in otherwise "normal" years wouldn't have made it. They are fighting for their lives and making this tourney great. I, personally, think the talk of expanding the tournament to 96 teams completely stupid. If anything, maybe add 3 more play-in games ... but instead of pitting the lower-level teams that already won their way in by way of their tournaments, make the Illinois, Va Techs, etc bubble teams play each other, and have them be 12 seeds or whatever. I know I'd definitely watch those games on the Tuesday before the Madness officially begins. But, for the record, I'd still much rather keep the tournament at 64 (fuck 65) ... I'm just saying that's a lesser of two evils as far as expansion goes.

6. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The tournament this year is definitely more exciting. Usually, you can pick the final four from the first round of the tournament pretty much.

I'd totally watch the bullshit tech games too. Those teams seem to have a lot of heart. I was born a UK fan and it is true, we do have the best fans in the NCAA, but I'd still watch.

I'm in Tennessee and getting hounded about UT's women's team being so great. I can not get into women's basketball at all. It is so boring. And...it's women's basketball.

7. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hi, my name is Wake and I'd like to report a rape that just occurred.

8. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the plus side, this certainly takes the spotlight away from Georgetown's loss. And perhaps from the Big East's sucking as well. It just seems to be an upset year. Which would make it a terrible year to pick mostly favorites.

*cough*

9. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yeah, I though my bracket was fucked when Georgetown lost. Then Villanova and Kansas had to lose today. I had them both in the Final Four.

On the other hand, I almost don't care because that UNI upset over KU was pretty amazing.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, now I remember why I never jumped on the KU bandwagon. And also probably why I usually did so well with the brackets with all of my KS friends. I was at a wedding so I thankfully missed the game. It was kind of funny to look down the aisles and see all the guys the their phones out checking the scores. I am surprised the groom didn't interrupt the vows for a score update.

11. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who in their right mind would get married during March Madness? When it comes time for me to bite the bullet and settle down, I will get married the day before selection Sunday and then proceed to take my 3 week honeymoon to wherever basketball is being played.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes the wedding being planned at the exact time that KU were getting their asses handed to them was unfortunate timing, but nothing that they could have foreseen so far in advance. Planning the wedding during March Madness, I guess that is more predictable. I am sure everybody was grateful in the end that they didn't have to be subjected to that other than furtive updates during a wedding ceremony. We were already teasing the couple about always remembering this day as the day that KU, as not only a #1 seed, but THE #1 seed, lost to a #9 ... in the second round. Did anything else important happen here today?

13. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The way the tourney is going this year has "justification for a 96 team field next year" written all over it. Ugh. In any event I can really pull for gt now, as a win actually helps me in this scenario.

14. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't even think I'd heard of Northern Iowa before this tournament but I was screaming at that game like my team was playing for the championship. Jesus, I haven't been that excited about a team I don't care about since Appalachain State beat Michigan. What an awesome game.

In other news, my bracket has been decimated. But at least I can say that Barack Obama picked Kansas to win it all, and I didn't. Ha, sweet victory!

Let's go MSU. 30 minutes to gametime...

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1 hour and counting for Mizzou and WV.

MIZ- Fuck KU!

16. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It looks like Maryland can't handle this Big 10 speed they're going up against right now.

17. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking love it! Even with Chris Allen out for the time being, we can still hit those three's and shut down their front line. Our transition is doing awesome too. Go Green!!!

Scratch that, Allen was just brought in, guess his foot is alright.

18. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And Kailin Lucas goes right out

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

JESUS F-IN CHRIST!!!! Holy shit in so many ways!!!! I love my team so much, thank you guys for being totally awesome!!!!!! Go fucking Green!!!

20. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Your football team are tried and true chokers, but not in basketball, I guess.

Holy shit though, I LOVE buzzer beaters!!