Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, Mar 14, 2010.

1. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably better that may. I went out for a going away party for an ex co-worker and finally had to leave because it was painful watching my husband sitting in the corner repetitively hitting refresh on his Blackberry screen, it made me feel like a shitty wife for asking him to "stop in real quick" on the way home.

And I know that it is way too soon to call the whole bracket thing, but man do I suck.

2. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

To say Texas killed themselves at the FT would be a vast understatement. This game epitomized the last 2 months of the season for the Horns. What a shitty, shitty job all around -- from the coaching staff down to the players. A fitting end to a demoralizing, disappointment of a season. Just embarassing.

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know why, but I'm completely okay with sitting on my ass all day and watching every game.
    Fortunately, I picked a few of the upsets: UNI over UNLV, awesome game. Washington over Marquette, and St Mary's over Richmond. But Jebus, Georgetown and Vandy...what happened!? Tomorrow will be awesome.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Vanderbilt was a popular upset for allot of the experts (as was Purdue) but Georgetown, Notre Dame, ect.......

This tourny could have a record number of upsets.

5. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

After 12 1/2 hours, I can safely say that I have never, EVER seen as many great basketball games than yesterday. In all, I went 13/16 obviously dropping G-Town, and really missed the mark on FL over BYU, and thought that Richmond came out to play but gassed out in the 2nd half.

The Georgetown embarrassment wasn't that big of a deal, as I had had them losing to TEN if they were to play tomorrow. TEN should be able handle Ohio pretty easily.

What about the big east? What a fuckin' black eye for the "most powerful conference in the country", eh? Number 2 barely hangs on to beat Robert Morris, the G-town debacle, Marquette losing to the PAC-12? Man, fuck a big east.

It looked like Baylor has the physical tools to go far in the tournament but played like shit, despite the final score (which was misleading). And I need New Mexico to pull out another squeaker, because they looked shitty as well.

Oh well, have a couple of chores today and then it's back to the couch for me. My brain should be Jell-O come midnight.

6. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed it for you.

Here's me hoping that my Gophers can pull off the upset against Xavier and keep the upset train alive! Oh, and fuck you Notre Dame. I had them going to the elite 8 in that horrible regional. Luke Harangody puts up the worst game of his career.

7. Bravo

Bravo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I usually hate the which conference is better argument. Sometimes it is valid, most of the time it is not. However, if you are one of those few that take those arguments to heart, I'm sure you had a field day with the Big East yesterday. They still have probably their top 3 teams left to play (Pitt, Syracuse, WV), so let's wait and see before we completely shit on them.

The ol' alma mater (GT) has a tough matchup tonight. My boys from The Flats need to step up and defend an offensive type they have struggled with all year. Oklahoma State and its 3 point shooting parade will give us fits all game. We sucked big time against similar teams such as VT and Clemson at the end of the year. I sure hope that run in the ACC tourney wasn't a fluke.

Our size and athleticism will hopefully trump their outside shooting. The good news is, it's a night game so I'll get to actually, you know, watch it.

Go Jackets!

8. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vandy, Richmond, Florida, Notre Dame, Texas, Marquette, and Georgetown, who I had going to the Elite Eight.

Well, have fun with your brackets guys! I know I didn't!

And dammit, Barack Obama. I beat that guy's ass last year, he's killing me now.

9. Bravo

Bravo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

ND and Richmond would have met in the Sweet 16.

That is still terrible though. Look at this way, no you can just root for the upsets that ruin other people's brackets. If yesterday was any indication, there will be plenty of that today (I'm looking at you Vermont).

10. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Things that piss me off to no end watching these games:

1. The horrible FT shooting -- especially Texas
    2. The lack of post-entry passes, and with that
    3. Post players who cannot play with their back to the basket. It's embarassing
    4. Guards who cannot guard on the perimeter. Too many times there's been penetration from guards who make just one move. Fuck, move your feet on defense
    5. Not blocking out. It's simple. Don't just rely on your athleticism. Again, I'm looking at you Texas
    6. The motherfucking FT shooting. I can't stress it enough.

Fuck all this noise. I need another beer.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know, it's a good thing March comes around every year.

Keeps me from getting too big for my britches. Reminds me that I don't know shit about shit.

12. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Is it safe to say the Big East shit the bed? I think that it's safe to say the Big East shit the bed.
    The Big East shit the bed.
    Saying it doesn't make my nova-gtown finals prediction any easier (a man can dream).

13. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The ten hour ride back from Providence was brutal. It hurts to root for a team that so obviously doesn't (or can't) give a fuck about games that should be cakewalks. Fuck Jerrelle Benimon, fuck Ohio, fuck that guy who scored 30 points against us, and fuck everyone except the 20 or so Georgetown fans that showed up. And maybe fuck JT3 too.

The one bright spot is Hollis Thompson, who showed he can step up. And the possibility of Greg Monroe coming back.

14. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Man, GT played with some heart last night. That game could have gone either way, and they willed that shit for the W. Okie State played a great game. After looking at the scores (and getting fucking shit-bombed last night), did Ohio State have a tough time with UCSB? Anyone catch the game? The score looks like GT might actually have a fucking shot.

DOUBLE EDIT: And Riggins, I completely agree with you with respect to FT's dude, that's the only thing that drives me nuts with GT. But those guys hit like 24/25 last night. Fuckin' awesome.

15. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

and isn't Tech last in the ACC in FT%? That was awesome. GT did a great job last night on Anderson, dude has just been wrecking the Big12 and was just shut down to the tune of 11 points. Remarkable.

As a basketball fan, I can't think of anything that gives me chills the way hearing "One Shining Moment" does...

16. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The absolute worst. And the thing is, they've been atrocious ever since Hewitt's had the job (a decade?), which is surprising to me. From my perspective, FT accuracy is a direct reflection of coaching effectiveness. If you have a sub-70% FT team, step into my office because your fuckin' fired.

EDIT:
    Fired.

17. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I feel ya there, definitely. What's the perception of Hewitt? When they made that improbable run to the Final Four (in San Antonio) with Will Bynum and co. he seemed to be a pretty affable and knowledgable coach. Just curious as to how he's viewed by the GT community, I've been reading his coaching seat has been getting a little warm.
    Sorry if this derails the thread from the tourney itself.

18. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It won't derail the thread because I'll preface this post by saying NOVA is getting their shit handed to 'em for real. I can't see how they win this game with their current level of play. St. Mary's, in reality, looks like the more accurate, better coached team.

PS: Everyone loves Hewitt, my self included. I was merely playing AD with that assertion: "Jesus Paul, for the love of your job, find yourself a fucking shooting coach..."

19. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's those wonderful Australians. I hope Allen is my Australian soulmate the psychic told me about. But really Nova better win, cause my brackets are already going to shit.

20. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And did they say Samhan is from Morocco? He'll be an NBA'er for sure, kid's got size, moves, and some smarts.