Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a dedicated Villanova fan I have no choice but to point our you are exactly right. I can't believe Nova got a two seed, again the Big East is getting tons of respect, and rightly so. Don't forget they were in the final four last year with a worst team in a much better bracket, so they could make a run.

There end of the year play has been dreadful, and losing to Marquette in the Big East Tourny was awful.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About an hour away from the start of the games. I am so fucking pissed I have two exams this afternoon. I'll have to miss most of the early games. A couple people from my money bracket have the same exams and I know all three of us are going to rush through the second exam to make it to a television asap.

On a side note, it kind of cracked me up to see how similar my bracket was to Obama's. We have the same final four, and a lot of the same upsets (minus Siena and the 13 seeds).

As for why I picked Nova to make the final four. Yeah, they're a weak 2 seed, but Duke is also the weakest 1 seed, and Baylor might be the weakest 3 seed. I mean, other than Duke, who's really favored to beat them? Or even likely? Besides, like it's been said, they're easily in the most favorable region.

3. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Watch the NCAA Tourney online

This was a God-send last year while I was supposed to be teaching in class. Luckily, this year the tournament starts during Spring Break. The best part is, they have one of those "Boss Buttons" where you can click and it brings up a fake spreadsheet. Ridiculously obvious? Yes. But, hey ... whatever it takes to not miss the games.

** This also works extremely well for those with multiple TV's at home. This way, you can watch multiple games at once. "It's like living in your own bar!" That, and you don't have to suffer through commercials or early round blowouts that CBS sticks with.

4. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's times like these when I wish I had a desk job.

Also, Loyd Jr. is blowing my mind right now. Kid is on fucking fire.

5. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Who'd have thought it'd be the brothas leading BYU??

Anyone catch why Jay Wright didn't start Reynolds and Fisher? I heard for disciplinary reasons but that's it, not sure if a more extensive reason was given?

Edit: ESPN story says it is a "teaching moment". Damn, I'm so curious what the "moment" is for?

6. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

7. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Luke Harangody may be having the worst game of his college career right now... Great timing.

0-6 FG, 0 Pts, 5 Rebs, 1 Asst, 3 PF

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let the upsets begin! Goodbye Notre Dame. If that loser from Florida hadn't missed one of his free throws I would have been right on my first upset pick too (although a 10 beating a 7 isn't really a shocker).

Edit: Did he seriously just drop the ball!!! I know I shouldn't care this much in the opening round, but my god that was pathetic. Now it's a tie game again.

9. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jesus Christ, I'm getting killed already. Already lost the Notre Dame game, am about to lose Florida, who knows what'll happen with Murray State and Vandy (I've got Vandy winning)... I'm not sure I want to watch much more already.

All things considered... GO MSU!!!

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I speak for everyone except Robert Morris students when I say pick your teaching moments better, asshole.

Also, told you ODU was a serious upset threat. Too bad I didn't have the nuts to actually choose them.

Fredette scored 37 in round 1. That's almost Curry's 40. Just sayin'.

11. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thoughts on Redding passing up the layup and running an extra 2 seconds off the clock, but ultimately missing one of the FTs? As a top FT% shooter I think it's a great idea to let the time run off (any extra seconds off are invaluable), and then get my points at the line. Obviously, it didn't work out that way for Redding, but if you're an 80+% FT shooter, I think it's a remarkably smart move.

Edit: what the fuck kind of last shot play was that for RM? Horrible execution down the stretch.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HOLY SHIT MURRAY STATE

I just shit my pants.

I really ought to do a bracket every year where I call every underdog I like and bet against every upper seed I don't like, regardless of how unlikely it seems under further contemplation. I'm actually curious how it would do.

Edit: Holy crap. Not only is LaceDarius Dunn's name awesome. In addition, his number is 13.....because his middle name is Friday.

I have a new favorite player.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That shot was great. Golf clap to Murray St. I love all these close games in the first round, they're awesome.

14. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, Georgetown. I was just thinking that now would be a good time to get your shit together.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear to God, if we lose to Ohio University, I WILL PUNCH AN INFANT IN THE FUCKING FACE

16. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

They're getting their fuckin' doors blown off. If Ohio keeps shooting 3's the way they have been, Georgetown is DONE. The only thing the Hoyas have going for them is that teams tend to not consistently drain @ a 50% clip, and will likely force ill-advised shots. In other news, Marq/Was and NIA/UNLV are looking real competitive.

17. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Good God, Georgetown is killing themselves on the FT line. Every time they have a chance to significantly cut the lead, they blow either the and-1 or the 1-and-1. They're blowing it, and my Final Four picks in the process. It's going to come down to defensive stops, and right now they're just leaving shooters open on the penetrate-and-pitch, and getting burned on the straight up penetration from the top of the key. Unacceptable.

18. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Northern Iowa and UNLV was such a phenomenal game.

And a big 'fuck you' goes out to Georgetown. You were supposed to go to the Elite 8. Thanks for screwing up my brackets.

19. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Marquette and Washington is so good as well. A Washington win puts me in first place in my 20 person pool. Silly.

I can't, but can believe that I've been watching basketball for 9 hours straight.

20. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Truly another great game. I would've preferred Marquette to win, since I also had them going to the Elite 8... but at least they played well, unlike fucking Georgetown.

Come this time of year my social life goes to shit. I only hang out with other people who will watch basketball.