Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NBA Postseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by FoamyBologna, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If, by "chages around his attitude," you mean "starts calling himself The Big Leprechaun," then I wholeheartedly concur.

On a more practical topic, I found this article about inefficiencies in traditional basketball positions, and it's well worth the read. It's written in the context of college ball, but, like in this follow-up article, can be applied to the NBA. I love following positional/scheme revolutions in sports, so I find articles like these fascinating. I originally found them via a Knicks blog, where it's a relevant topic given the way their roster looks these days, but obviously plenty of teams no longer adhere to the standard 1-5 positioning.

Not really looking for any particular discussion here, but it's great food for thought for you guys.

2. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, he makes a good point, and it is mostly seen by how many PG/SG tweeners and SF/PF tweeners there are in the NBA nowadays, although he focuses primarily on the former.

3. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Good news rob.. Isiah Thomas is back in business.

I mean I guess as a consultant he can't do to much damage right?? Right?!?!?

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

According to Dallas Morning News, wunderkid Roddy Beaubois broke his foot while practicing with the French national team.

As much as I dislike the Mavs (though I'm increasingly liking Cuban), this sucks. As a Spurs fan, I don't agree with Parker, Manu, Splitter, anyone playing international play in the summer, just like I'm all for the players that bailed on the US. No different.

You are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a game, which is essentially an investment, and I believe contracts should be structured wherein if the given player wants to play international (or even for the US team), they automatically are deducted pay or are at minimum guaranteed less money.

If you went out and bought a Formula 1 car, you'd want to save it for the races, right? Not drive it around day-to-day in traffic?

I understand these players having national loyalties -- in fact, I'm all for that -- but they have to understand that they are putting essentially an investment at risk, without compensation to the investor if they get in a fender-bender, or worse. If they want to play for their national teams, awesome, but allow it to be reflected in your contract as you are, essentially, a less-secure investment.

That's just messed up, and this is another example of it. I hope during the impending lockout this is one of the issues that will be resolved.

6. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching USA vs. Slovenia right now, and Rudy Gay is complete shit against these scrubs.

Someone tell me why he was immediately given a max offer despite the fact that he was a restricted free agent.

9. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Cause it was the Grizzlies?