Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 MLB Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Beefy Phil, Mar 2, 2010.

1. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Counting minor league innings he pitched 110 innings in 2007, was hurt most of 2008 and last year pitched 105 innings including minors. If he was a rookie I would agree with you but this is his fourth year in the majors (not 3 like I said earlier). Also, if the limits helped Joba I would say it works, but it totally messed him up last year. Once they started switching his days around he got totally out of wack.

Edit: And for the love of God will the Yankees release fucking Chan Ho Park.

2. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Last night I took my wife to the Rockies-Red Sox game for her birthday. She's a Red Sox fan (unfortunately), but in my opinion it was because her boyfriend before meeting me was a Red Sox fan and they started dating in 2004, so the fun of the World Series run and all that got her on the bandwagon. Whatever, I'm a born and raised Cardinals fan, and so I'm just trying to get her to end up preferring the Rockies since we live in Denver and its a nice neutral ground for fandom.
    The game was a lot of fun, however, I hate Red Sox fans. I can appreciate going out in big numbers to the game, and cheering loudly for your team. Last year I went to a Cardinals-Rockies game where the crowd was probably 50-50 Cardinals to Rockies fans. The difference I notices is the Cardinals fans were at least polite to the home team, even though the game was at the end of the season, and could have clinched the Cards playoff berth and the Rockies were fighting for the wild card.
    The Red Sox fans were, as a majority, a bunch of douchebags. I'm fine with rooting and cheering for your team, but at least have respect for the home team. There's no reason to constantly talk shit and disparage the other team, particularly in their house. I think its great that Red Sox fans showed up to support their team, but that's the only thing they did with any class. Even my wife was annoyed and appalled by their behavior. I've been to plenty of unfriendly sites for games, including going to Wrigley for Cubs-Cards games, and not even the Cubs fans (who were in their own stadium) treated me with as much disrespect as I saw with the Red Sox fans last night. I'm just glad the Rockies got the win, that at least shut a few Red Sox fans up.
    My question, are there any other fan bases full of a bunch of d-bags, like the Red Sox. Of course, having lived on the East Coast, I probably have a bias against all East Coast teams since I found a lot of people out there (speaking generally) to be douchey. But I'd be interested to hear if other teams' fans can be like that, especially from fans that attend games in cities where there are a lot of transplants.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think pitch counts are such a horrible idea. It's a way to monitor the arm, and these guys are competitors at the highest level many of them would not come out even if they should.

Cole Hammels took TONS of heat for wanting to come out of games early, but I don't blame him at all.

I played college baseball and my roomate was a pitcher. His arm hurt at the end of every game he ever pitched, every one. It is a huge strain on the body and takes a huge toll on the arm. He never once took himself out because he always thought he could finish the side, always.

I think it's a good thing for a manager to go up to his pitcher and tell him that he cracked 100 pitches and it's only the 7th, you would think it would help the pitcher make an intelligent decision.

4. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

AL ROY vs NL ROY in Atlanta this weekend. Tune in.
    That's Brennan Boesch vs Jayson Heyward.

5. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't Josh Johnson going for some pitching record on Saturday too? I heard something in passing about it on the radio, but can't find anything on the internet about it. I think it's to tie the most consecutive games with 1 or less runs. He'll be going against the Padres, and it should be an interesting game to watch.

6. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hadn't heard anything about that until just now. Found this link to an ESPN blog.

7. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Did Lou just toss Zambrano for yelling at his teammates like a little bitch? Yes I realize he gave up 4, and isn't having the best year but he isn't some unknown either. I hope it was for being a little bitch and not the 4 runs.

8. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Edwin Jackson with a 150 pitch no hit bid in the ninth.... 8... 8!! Walks.

He did it.. Ha!

9. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Zambrano suspended indefinitely for his actions in the dugout. As the announcers said last night, "You know its bad when Lou Piniella is the voice of reason."

10. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A no hitter in a game he couldve very easily lost by walks. The bases were loaded in the third with no outs...

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once again, Mariano Rivera shows another teams closer how it is done(Sorry Torre, I still think you are great). I don't know what it will be like when Mo is gone. I hope that he pitches untill he is fifty, because he probably would still have that cutter at 90+.

12. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The injury bug is running rampant on the Red Sox.

In addition to Ellsbury and Beckett both Pedroia and V-Mart have been added to the DL. Pedroia for 6 weeks, Martinez for 15-days. Roster is looking pretty thin. Probably going to have to do something before the trade deadline.

13. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Long as you pricks don't trade for Adrian Gonzales or Cliff Lee, I'm perfectly happy.

14. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I credit Matt Garza for the Ray's victory at Fenway tonight. Within 2.0 games of first place and 1.0 from Boston I'm not going to lose sleep tonight.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're putting guys in the outfield I've never even heard of, and this is coming from a guy who was advocating Daniel Nava's call up months before it happened.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Canseco boxing.

In his latest I will do anything for a fucking dollar, Jose Canseco is boxing a 60 year old. I still can't believe I waited in line for 6 hours and spent $40 of my own money earned at 11 years old for his autograph after his 40/40 season. And the fucker didn't even look at me when he signed it. I should wipe my ass with it and mail it back to him.

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Wow. I think he and Barry Bonds are in running competition for "biggest douche in baseball" award in my head.

18. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I will be at the Rangers / White Sox game tonight about 3 rows behind Home. Hopefully Buehrle throws a good game, GO WHITE SOX.

19. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agon isn't going anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, the Padres have the second best record in the league. Why don't they get any respect?

20. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How on earth did Omar Infante make the All Star game?