Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, May 26, 2010.

1. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man I hate that diving bitch Iniesta. It's a shame he scored.

2. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Yeah. He blatantly played the ref, especially in getting Heitinga sent off. What a cunt. Also, the initial pass into the box showed two Spanish players (Iniesta and I think Torres) as offside.

Also, fuck Howard Webb. How could you NOT SEE Puyol's rugby tackle on Robben? Seriously? Get some fucking contacts or something. The Spanish played Webb like a fiddle.

Those TV refs can't be implemented quickly enough now.

Spain are truly the WORST side to have "won" a World Cup. The next European Championships will see them brought down with a bump.

3. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

i think the moment I lost all faith in humanity was when I heard Tik Tok playing at the World Cup Final in Johannesburg.

4. Costello

Costello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Please. Spain have been the best team in the world for years now; they play in a manner that is both creative and brutally effective, dominate every team they play against and deserved to win tonight. Admittedly, a few decisions went their way that shouldn't but, considering the negative and unimaginative game the Dutch played, a Spanish win was the only just result.

5. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I agree, Spain is just too good, too efficient and too clinical. The only way the Dutch would've had a chance was with their hyper-aggressive tackling, which worked, but then they let it get away.

I liked the ref and think it was a highly entertaining match - shame Iniesta scored the goal though.

Forlan wins best player and Muller best young player and highest scorer. I'm happy with both.

6. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Of course you forgot to mention De Jongs kung fu kick...

7. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I agree with this. Both these players are amazing and I cant wait to see them in the future.

Even though I was going for the Netherlands I have to say congrats to Spain. Hell of a game I wanted to see Penalty kicks for the end but with only four minutes left and they score, bravo is all I can say.

8. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'm sorry, what? The Spanish showed NO creativity and sat in midfield the whole match, with Iniesta practicing for the ballet (and the air force) with every chance he could get. Puyol also looked like he was auditioning for the Spanish national rugby side - most players would be proud of that tackle.

Robben was running at the Spanish every chance he got. I wouldn't call that negative. Sneijder was quiet, though.

And that deflection? That was bullshit. Goal kick my ass. It CLEARLY bounced off a Spanish shoulder (probably Gerard's)

9. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How is that not a red?
    [​IMG]

Oh and New Zealand can be proud of being the only team not to lose in the World Cup.

10. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What the fuck else am I supposed to watch at work now? That was the fastest month I've ever seen.

11. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Because it was fucking awesome?

I have to admit; if a Spaniard did that to one of our guys, I would've screamed bloody murder. Thing is: what did the Spaniards expect? That we would roll over and watch their mind-numbingly boring tick-tack football? Spain were the better side yesterday, and arguably the whole tournament, and for us this was the only way to win it. Disrupt their flow and wait for an opening. It would've been the perfect plan if Robben (or Matthijsen, twice) scored. Too bad it didn't work.

I can live with this defeat, because we did all we could, but in the end it wasn't enough. Tonight I'm gonna drink a lot of beer and make fun of the Germans, English, Brazilians, Argentinians, French and Italians. Maybe that will cheer me up.

12. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

To be honest you should be pround. The population of Holland is just 16 million yet you have always been one of the favorites at every major tournament.

For comparison:

Germany 81 million
    Spain 46 million
    Brazil more than 190 million
    Argentina 40 million
    England 51 million
    France 65 million

Yes Uruguay got to the semis but they had the easiest route there but its still an amazing achievement for a country with just 3million people. (yeah they have won it twice but that was ages ago when most countries didnt participate or take football as seriously)

13. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm very excited to watch the Republic of Ireland team play tonight, should be a real cracker. Russia haven't been doing to well latestly but they're not a terrible team.

The North are playing Italy too. Usually I'd cheer against the North, but I'm in a good mood so I hope Italy don't hurt them too badly.

Up Ireland!

Oops wrong thread, this is the Euro Cup I'm talking about, qualifiers.