Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Sherwood, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My teams are fading in the two pay leagues I'm in, at this point I'm dumping any player not performing for a short term patch, I can worry about next week if it's necessary. At this rate it's looking like it won't be.

2. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So... you're saying my strategy of getting the starters for the KC CLE game tomorrow in order to buy a cheap win is an effective one? Because unless I magically generate some Ribbies tonight, that's what I'm gonna need...

3. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6 months of hard work, research and close examination of baseball teams and players... and for me it all comes down to someone else's starting pitcher. Does John Danks implode against the Tigers and allow me to win ERA and WHIP? Probably not...

4. atcmh

atcmh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I now wish to get in my time machine and take out John Danks out. Thank you. Seriously though, ERA I hopefully can carry, but I'm unsure about WHIP because he is not a precision pitcher. I'm going to be doing something else while the game is on otherwise I'll be agonizing on every refresh of the page.

5. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah man, I'm pretty sure you have it. Of course, there is always the chance that Konerko and Alexei can combine to go 20/20 with 11 Ribbies, right?

6. atcmh

atcmh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Congratulations you just won. That was pathetic to watch that inning.

7. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus Christ. Tiebreaker is set as H2H record and I just checked, I take it 11-8-1. Sorry dude, that's a tough fucking way to lose.

At any rate, you're already getting a hundred for finishing first overall, and you have a solid shot at getting another hundred for 3rd place.

Sorry dude.

8. atcmh

atcmh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It wouldn't have been so bad if he had just been off the whole night, but just to watch that implosion was painful. Shit happens. Yeah I already knew about H2H being the tiebreaker that's why i was hoping to tie in HR so I could lose one of the pitching categories and it not matter.

Also missing Jared Weaver looms that much more now. I'm glad I don't drink otherwise I'd go on a bender and with work tomorrow that wouldn't be be very smart.

9. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least you're getting some money back from me, at least a hundred, 200 if you win next week.

And now it's me and Kinsey in the finals. The first two to join, the last two left.

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm leaving this up to the people, don't think I can make the decision since it wouldn't be fair.

Tiebreaker is set at H2H record, and I took it 11-8-1 in the regular season, but ESPN still moved atcmh along and not me. I edited it this morning to make sure that I still could. If people agree that it was the wrong thing to do (and I'll e-mail everyone later) than I'll concede that and switch it back. But, goddamn I mean we both thought that I won.

Like I said, it's too hard for me to make that call since I'm the one involved.

11. atcmh

atcmh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Well computers are never wrong soooooooo.... Nah we split the H2H, but you won more categories so you deserve to be in the winner's bracket. Play ball!

12. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks man. I'd feel worse if you hadn't already made your money back.

13. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congratulations to the winners:

First place and $600 - Kinsey
    Second place and $200 - Me
    Third place and $100 -The Chairman
    1st Place in the regular season and $96.80 because he doesn't know how to use paypal and had the fee taken out of his payment to me - atmch.

Due to my shady accounting, you will all be paid out by the end of the week. In full though. Promise.

14. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Good season, made better because my squad of walking wounded was able to outlast Sherwood's desperation "start every single starting pitcher on every day" strategy.

In tribute to the greatness of my team, I leave you all with arguably the greatest live rock performance in the history of anything, Queen's Live Aid rendition of We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions.

#94 Kinsey, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PS: He won 7-3. The three cats I won? W, Ks and WHIP. So my strategy actually worked perfectly, the massive amount of starters I threw out there regressed my WHIP and ERA essentially to the mean, (near 4.5 and 1.3) which won me WHIP.

Sadly, my bats decided to take shits, coaches decided to play or not play my best power guys (Braun, Konerko and Murphy) on unpredictable whims and everyone who had been on a hot streak decided to take the week off.

That being said, to finally finish in the money after 4 years with you fuckers is a good feeling.

#95 Sherwood, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Well, if we're getting nitpicky, you were getting smoked until friday when I decided to dick around and plug in worthless starters too, being up 9-1 is surprisingly uninteresting. Without those 14 innings of 18 H & 8 BB ball from Gorzy/McDonald/Blanton, you don't take WHIP. I'd think the fact that you only got 7 wins out of 154 innings from starters should be indictment enough of your strategy. I still don't understand why you didn't just grab some closers and try for SV too, there were plenty avail and I only had 5 on the week.

Now get back to work so you can earn enough cash to paypal me some winnings.

17. The Chairman

The Chairman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Good season, indeed. While I was always hoping to win, I can't complain with a third place finish. This season has brought a special place in my heart reserved for Carlos Gonzalez (and Troy Tulowitzki and Joey Votto to a lesser extent) that is only slightly smaller than the hatred I now hold for AJ Burnett.

Go ahead and count me in for next year.

18. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heyyy, come on now. I'm just waiting for the money to be transferred from my ING account. Thanks for the 7 cents in interest I earned on your money over the past 6 months everybody!