Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Sherwood, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on everybody, I have two more positions left for invites. Surely SOMEONE else wants to play some fantasy baseball.

2. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm considering it, but I'm not sure about the money yet...

If you still need people after Mar. 21, I'm in.

3. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I spoke w. the GC, he's considering but has to check his upcoming schedule for draft availability. I'll keep checking around.

4. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any reasons? You won't need to pay before the 21st if you want in. Hell, you can send me 2 or 3 separate payments if you'd prefer.

If it helps, I can pretty much guarantee we'll let you pick Dontrelle Willis.

Nice. Lemme know. I tried on the new gambling board but didn't get a bite, Moneyline declined.

5. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha. Can I get Bonderman and Robertson too? (I've only played on mlb.com where you get staffs, not individual pitchers, so this is strange to me)

I've just never played fantasy with anything on the line and I liked it just so I could kinda keep tabs on everyone other than the Tigers. I'll play as a last resort though. It's not so much the $100 that I'm holding back on, it's more the commitment I'll have to put in to try and win that back.

6. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the fun of Fantasy Baseball. The commitment to EVERY DAY check your lineups. It's workload intensive if you want to win, but it means that even if you have a really bad draft you can work your way to a better team by trading crappy pitchers for good hitters.

Who played last year? Jarrod Washburn for Jason Bay? Who made that deal with me, I want that guy playing again...

7. Joe Snap

Joe Snap
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm in if there is still a spot open. Every league I've ever played on seems like its half people that care, half people that quit two weeks in. Playing when everyone actually has something to win sounds awesome.

8. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You've been invited.

So, the league was doing something really weird, and while I thought every spot was full, it turns out we have three more open spots. I'm going to hit up my fantasy hockey league once the NHL starts back up, but in the meantime if you guys know anyone who wants to play let me know ASAP.

9. dan ruckus

dan ruckus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For anybody on here, I'm in a Yahoo league that is looking for more guys. We've got 7 right now, but everybody who is in is fairly dedicated to it. None of these guys are going to quit updating after 2 weeks. We've played the last few years together.

We don't play for money so if anyone on here is looking for a free and dedicated league let me know.

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With only a few weeks to go, I want to bump this up and let everyone know we still have open slots. Please PM me if interested.

11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would stick with Yahoo. DO NOT use CBS sports, the big thing with Yahoo is that it gives you a running total of your players stats. I thought the live stat tracker was ok, but I have not used ESPN in about four years.

Use one or the other but do not use CBS Sports, CBS is great for football stinks for baseball.

12. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CBS has an awesome stat tracker though, I liked them when we used them two years ago, I just don't think paying for it is the smart way to go, especially when ESPN and Yahoo are both free.

Ness, you interested in playing? Only $100 for an entire summer's worth of entertainment.

13. The Chairman

The Chairman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Just checked the league and noticed we have 12 now. Did we get some new teams just recently? Last I checked we were at 9. Looks like we're good to go with these 12, though we could add a couple more if people are interested.

How are we doing payment? I'd be in favor of not letting people draft if their entry fee isn't in, but I'm not gonna be a stickler about it. 555Deal set up a PayPal account last year that was convenient, but I could also mail a check if need be.

EDIT:

What's the payout structure going to look like?

If I remember correctly, last year we had (out of $1200):

$150 - Best regular season record
    $150 - 3rd place
    $900 - Split 60/40 between 1st and 2nd

I've got no problems going that route again, but I'm open to whatever.

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have 11 teams, we're actually one short. So, one team opening. If you know someone who wants to play, ask, first person to claim it gets it. And I dont think that was the payout, that doesn't seem like enough to the winner to me.

100 - Best Regular season record
    100 - 3rd place
    300 - 2nd place
    700 - 1st place.

But we can discuss that.

And I have a paypal account, once the league is full I'm going to send people my details. I'm most likely going to just leave the money in there all season since I only ever use the thing for fantasy leagues...

15. Joe Snap

Joe Snap
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm sure you guys probably already know this, but ESPN has mock drafts set up all the time for practice. I did a few the other day and yielded one stud team and two god awful ones.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I prefer this payout. I think the winner should get the majority of the money. Just let us know when you want the money by because I use Paypal about once a year so will need a few days to get it transferred from my checking.

17. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last year I had the good fortune (HA) of being unemployed from January through the end of April. I did more mock drafts than anyone could imagine, and I still fucked up the draft. But They're oddly fun, aren't they? Think I might do one now.

Edit: I want you guys to know that, in leagues for money, I totally respect the responsibility of league manager and won't abuse the powers I have...

Except... except the power to change your team names. If you beat me, I'm making your team name something really gay.

18. The Chairman

The Chairman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm good with this.

As for the final slot, I've got a guy who's in the "If you're in a bind and need a final person, I'll join" camp, but I'd prefer not to have someone like that. We've still got a few weeks, so I'm sure we can find someone.

19. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If we don't find anyone who really wants to, I bet I can find someone from my hockey league. Though they're all dirty Canadians so who knows.

20. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I prefer this payout as well.