Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by J-Man, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Arsenal gave Porto a sound thrashing on Tuesday night - 5-0 by the end of the match, and 6-2 on aggregate. Porto looked hopeless for much of the game. Bendtner scored an excellent hat-trick - the first Arsenal player to do so in European competition for nearly 20 years, Nasri scored a great goal, too - he left three Porto defenders behind. You could see the Porto players' spirit was broken after that goal. Within 3 minutes, Arsenal scored another through Eboue, from a Porto corner that was headed away by Clichy and a great touch and pass from Arshavin.

Porto deserved to go out - that 2nd goal of theirs in the first leg was bad karma.

2. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did you even watch the game? Excellent hat trick? Tap-in, tap-in, penalty if I remember correctly.

3. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

The first goal he actually dodged around a defender and scored, so not a tap-in, since he came in from outside the box.

The second one was a good piece of skill, but might be argued that it was a tap-in.

The third goal was a more than decent penalty.

Yes, I did watch the game.

4. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah, he must be pissing those fans off to no end. Scoring ten times in 17 matches. Scoring a winning goal of the month (against Werder Bremen). Scoring goals for five games in a row. Or single-handedly beating Freiburg on the weekend. And he also has the nerve to give an assist here and there. My god, he's so frustratingly erratic, he's being seen as the best player in the Bundesliga right now.

Man, Real Madrid must be glad they got rid of one of the main reasons they stayed in the title race last year with a magnificent Barcelona side. I mean, yeah, he once was compared to Messi in how important they were for their teams, but who the hell is this 'Messi' anyway?

But let's be serious; I'm not saying Robben is as good as Messi. He isn't even in the same class as Messi or C. Ronaldo. But damn, the guy is an enigma. You're partially right, for a long time his form was really inconsistent. Great one game, rubbish in the other. But the last two seasons saw him grow as a player, only to be bogged down by constant injuries. This year he is finally showing what he is capable of. While not one of the top 5 players or something in the world, on a good day he can be one of the most devestating players around, and he even plays reasonably well on a bad day. I just hope he has finally put those injury-troubles behind him.

The most frustrating part of supporting him is putting up with his nancy-like tendencies to fall over like a faggot whenever someone as much as farts in his direction.

5. graffin226

graffin226
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

6. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Stevie G is a scouse cunt of the highest order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder if they will fast track this like they did with Adebayor whose next game was going to be against the other FA favorite Trafford Rovers. Knowing the English FA he will probably get away with it as he plays for team Engerland and is the Liverpool captain.

7. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Northern Americans should never ever talk about football or at least learn how to pronounce things properly. I´m trying to watch Inter vs Chelsea on Fox Sports or ESPN or whatever channel it is.

8. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Clint Dempsey ladies and gents...

Was so glad I'm on spring break and my two teams were on Gol TV today. I couldn't believe it when that ball dropped. Let's see more of that come June ya Deuce?

Also, Atletico Madrid with a gutsy performance at Sporting to push through. Aguero; your loyalty is flattering.

#68 LukesBoxHero, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

WATP! Rangers win SPL for the 26th time! Mon the Gers!

10. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Uhh, no. No they didn't. They've won the League Cup. Which is nice, if you value those kinds of trophies.

(Yes, they're miles ahead in the league, so it's not a stretch to say they'll win it. But for now, they aren't the champions yet.)

11. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

They pretty much won the league in the last game against Celtic.

Chelsea drew against Blackburn... I really hope that the Trafford Rovers won´t win the league again. I would not be able to stand their fans after they get the 19th league title(they would be the team with the most league wins then) and the 4th one in a row.

12. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Don't count out The Arsenal. You haven't seen them pull any of those dreaded 1-0 home wins as of yet...

13. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Arsenal - Barcelona should be fun to watch. As long as Man U falls short of the League title, the Cottager fan in me will be pleased.

14. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I´m not counting out Arsenal. I think you actually have the easiest games left to play compared to Chelski and the scum but at the same time you are not as good at bullying points out of smaller teams as those 2.

15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Case in point: fucking 1-1 draw against Birmingham. Though Brum has had a good season this time...

16. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When is Wenger going to realize that he needs a decent goalkeeper if he wants to win anything?

17. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Never is my guess. Fabianski is still young and needs some development, but Almunia is showing why he used to be the bench goalie at Celta Vigo...

18. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK YOU ROONEY!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Bayern Munich with the last grasp win.

So this is what an orgasm feels like.

I can't wait till the return leg.

19. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I hope the fat Scouse cunt will be out for a while. Maybe there is a god?

20. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

6:1 against Burnley! Maybe we might even get 4th. Spurs lost 3:1 to Sunderland and the scum lost to Chelsea 2:1. Arsenal scored in the last second to win against Wolves so there are still 3 teams in it for the title.