Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Puffman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1032 ... pson-wrong

2. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

"Guys play hard for Brett Favre. There's something about good-old boys from the South. They're natural leaders. Everybody loves them. Favre and Steve McNair were cut from the same cloth. They could connect with and inspire an opposite-race teammate just as effectively as a teammate who shared a similar background as theirs."

Unlike most fans, I love all the Favre coverage, can't get enough of it, don't blame him for any of it. But this article...jesus christ. Someone actually wrote that? Never mind the fact that Rodgers has been the better QB in almost every category since that trade... MVP? Comparing him to Muhammad Ali? That's remarkable. Favre forced Thompson into an impossible decision, and by any objective measure he made the right call. I don't see how Favre having a good first half of the season is one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time, maybe I'm missing something.

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't that what people were saying at this time last year?

4. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This conversation is all too painfully familiar. On the bright side, at least I'll get to watch the inevitable Week 12-to-end-of-season meltdown happen to somebody else's team this year.

5. dougiebig

dougiebig
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Well, congratulations Bears. You made me super disappointed and hate my life not once, but twice in a game. Thanks for doing just enough to make me think you had a chance of coming back. Glad to see you were who we thought they were.

Kill me.

6. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't watched many games not involving Pittsburgh so can someone tell me, is Cincinnati for real? Or are they just a mediocre to above average team feasting who manages to squeeze out just enough to edge out their opponent from week to week? Or maybe something else? I'm intrigued.

7. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, they're imaginary.

Seriously?

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When did Antonio Gates forget how to catch balls? That's his second dropped pass in the last couple minutes.

9. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Coming from someone who can't stand the Bengals, I can't tell if they're incredibly lucky or for real. Cedric Benson is in the top 5 in rushing yards, but the Bengals have the 13th ranked offense in the league. The defense has played really well but is ranked 21st in the league. Eventually, those stats are going to catch up to them. As far as points scored, the offense is again mediocre (15th in the league) but the defense is ranked 6th.

So they have a 6-2 record. The only resounding wins were today against Baltimore and last week against the Bears. As easily as the Bengals could be 7-1 right now (if not for that miracle pass in Week 1) they could just as easily be 2-6. Look at the Cardinals last year though, they were more lucky than good and almost upset Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. If Cincinnati played the Colts 10 times in a row I think the Colts would win the majority of the games, but the Bengals could easily win the one that matters somewhere in the playoffs.

10. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I loved the hit Eric Weddle put on Kevin Boss. Weddle plays way bigger then he is; I mean a 5'10 195 guy putting a hit like that on a 260lbs TE is really fucking impressive. Dude has moxie.

How the fuck did the Bucs so thoroughly beat the Packers? I lost $100 on this game. I swear the Fudge Packers are a good team; the defense has been solid, despite the ill-advised switch to 3-4. I'm convinced it is all down to the Chad Clifton injury and some seriously bad coaching decisions.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am so pissed the Giants lost the that way. The play calling after they got the interception was pathetic. They didn't even try to score a touchdown when they had first and goal on the 14. Kevin Gilbride is fucking retarded and would love to see him go.

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You forgot to mention that their O-line is more porous than SpongeBob SquarePants.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Anybody else think that they should have kept Hank Williams Jr singing the theme for Sunday night football? Faith Hill just doesn't cut it like Hank Jr. did.

14. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They should have, if only for the fact that Hank Willams, Jr. never opened Sunday Night Football.

Before Faith Hill, the song was done by Pink. Pick your poison.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Sunday, Monday...it's all blurring together these days. Regardless, he was better than the both of them combined. Anybody who had his diaper changed backstage at the Grand Ole Opry by June Carter Cash, fell off a mountain and almost died and then became more popular than is father is pretty badass. Way more 'football' than Pink or Faith, anyway.

16. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Thats the thing; last year the line was okay, but now they are playing people out of position and playing shitty backups because of injuries. They should be keeping backs and tight ends in to chip block but instead they are calling empty backfield plays that mean the inexperienced out of position tackles are one on one with experienced ends who embarrass them (see Allen, Jarad)

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do you mean, was? He's still doing Monday nights.

18. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I was just trying to say that Faith Hill sucks. I'll stick to talking about cars from now on.

19. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did anybody watch the Eagles Cowboys game last night? How many bad spots did the Eagles get, like 4? It was insane. McNabb rushed for over a yard on the 4th and inches play, and somehow he didn't get the first down?

20. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it still considered news if everyone expected it to happen? With Pioli and Haley in charge, his antics were going to get him cut sooner or later.

I can't think of any team other than Oakland or Cleveland that would even take a chance on him.