Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Puffman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This. So true.

I'm not usually anything of a Saints fan, having supported the dirty birds all my life, but I have to admit really getting into this Saints victory. Lance Moore's 2 point conversion was brilliant; he is a criminally underrated receiver in my opinion.

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like he was telling the truth about his ankle. You could tell the first half, when the pain killers were still working and the andrenaline was high, that he was doing alright. The second half, he was completely invisible. Plus, they were singling Bushrod on him all night. I think with a healthy Freeney, there is no way you can do that.

Congrats to the Saints. Drew Brees is a class act and definitely deserves this. Same goes with Sean Payton. Gregg Williams is still a piece of shit.

My question - does this put a final touch on the Katrina chapter in regards to sports reporting? It seems like this win just shows that the city of New Orleans has officially overcome that tradgedy with a huge triumph. I know a lot of people at the SB party I was at said, "I think they can finally put that angle to rest and focus on the success of the teams, and not the struggle of the city."

3. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Terrible defense on both ends. 1 sack? No blitzes? No big hits? I can't believe the Colts didn't adjust and send more than 4 rushers at all because Brees had so much time.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one who thought Reggie Wayne looked like garbage last night? He broke into his route like an old lady on the INT, and the last pass of the game went right through his hands. Everyone was saying he was supposed to be the best receiver on the field last night.

Anyway congrats to the Big Easy!!! I would kill to be there on Tuesday their will be a world record amounts of boobs being flashed.

***** BEST SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL, was the Letterman, Leno, Oprah commercial***********

5. pjr808

pjr808
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

srsly?

Colts D holds the best statistical offense in the league to 24 points. Saints D holds Peyton and the Colts to 17 points, and scores on a pick 6. I would say that's pretty damn good defense from both teams all things considered. Sure, both teams put up nice yardage totals, but again, you're talking about 2 of the best offenses in the league, if not the 2 best.

Also, there were plenty of blitzes. Peyton and Brees are probably the 2 best qb's in the entire league at getting the ball out quickly. I think Peyton averaged under 1 sack per game, and Brees averaged just a little over one sack. There is a lot more that goes into blitzing than getting a sack - sometimes forcing a quick throw, a checkdown, or even a bad throw is THE reason you send a blitz.

Anyway...

Bourbon street was absolute chaos last night. There were cops sitting on horses in the middle of the street surrounded by wall to wall people for a mile - they were high fiving them. And it was not just Bourbon Street either - Side streets were jammed with thousands of people too. Tchoupitoulas in the Warehouse District ended up being shut down and cleared by police because it was so packed. Magazine had tons of people. It was one enormous party.

As I walked into the Royal Sonnesta, there was a parade going through it. As I tried to leave downtown many hours after the game ended, the traffic was till bumper to bumper on Canal for a few miles. People were dancing on [their own] cars, getting out, partying in the streets. It was as big a party as any Mardi Gras.