Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Puffman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Replacing Fisher may soon become a priority as well: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4581777

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or a Vikes fan?

(the only reason why I'm adding insult to injury is that both of your teams have had the Lombardi trophy added to your trophy cases in the last 10 years. I've been stuck with a lifetime full of agony listening to dipshit Packers fans ask me how many Super Bowls the Vikings have won.)

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not our fault your team chokes every time they have an opportunity. Now that you have Favre it's another perfect recipe for January failure. And the reason they probably ask you is because you say something incredibly annoying about their franchise or call them 'dipshit Packers fans'. I live here in Minnesota and viking fans are constantly making packer jokes so we're allowed to throw that in your face.

4. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To those out in San Diego (or anywhere in SoCal):

Has there been anything in the media about LT and his disgust with playing time? Namely, when he was yanked on the goal line, in favor of Sproles, when he was the horse that got them there. LT looked pissed the entire game and I remember seeing him toss his helmet on the sidelines.

5. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The joke goes both ways. I'm sure you'd call us dipshit Vikes fans too, it's part of the rivalry. And don't be so quick to assume we throw the first stone, there are more then plenty times where Packers fans are quick to point out the SB fact unprovoked.

All in good fun though, as long as you can have a beer and talk shit together, it's all good. I still can't believe the level of fighting that occurs at the games between fans (this goes for any rivalry really). Why the fuck would you throw a punch at someone when the athletes, who are actually playing the game, don't even care that much?

6. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm officially excited for the Colts-Rams game. Bob Sanders is practicing fully so should see the field for the first time this year. I guess it shows how spoiled I am as a Colts fan that a 6-0 start is ho-hum.

7. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a great contest to start with too.. easy way to get back into the flow of the game. All he has to do is focus on Steven Jackson and he's fine. Isn't Avery out too? For some reason I heard that. If so, he has the tough task of keying in on the WR1 of Keenan Burton on passing downs.

EDIT - I see that you're from Iowa, it makes it all the more awesome for you with Bob coming back.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Saints are really the only team in the NFC that I'm worried about as a Vikings fan. I think the Giants are highly overrated. But if it comes down to a dome-based NFC Championship game, Brees has the ability and supreme likelihood of shredding the Vikings secondary. Not to say that Eli is inferior, but. Well, yeah. Fuck Eli.

9. valeo

valeo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hey now, its not that the Giants are overrated, its that people were rating them based on who they HAD, and not who they have now. That defense is missing two DTs, 1 LB, and 2 DBs. All starters (or in Canty and Alford's case, as near to starters as you get on a rotation.) They arent the cream of the crop anymore, but thats the reason why.

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Go Broncos!

[​IMG]

11. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the sake of the most underrated rivalry in the NFL and the good spirited nature of trash talking, I really can't wait til the Falcons come marching in next Monday and wipe the floor with you on national TV.

I'm accepting sig bets from any and all takers (I'm looking at you Blue)

12. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everybody wipes the floor with our secondary, it's getting in the endzone that's the problem for opposing teams.

13. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Whatever you have to tell yourself, man. But so you know, I just got off the phone with Tom Benson (we're best buds), and he agreed with my suggestion to rename our team just for the game against Atlanta.

Say hello to your New Orleans' JonBenetRamsey'sParents! We're gonna kill your team like the little girls yall are!

14. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey that's cool, I just made a call to Arthur and come Monday we'll be known as the Atlanta RedHeadedStepParents cause we gonna beat you in your own house.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did y'all know that the Buccaneers have a DE named Stylez G White?

He legally changed him name to "Stylez."

That is almost as awesome as Chad OchoCinco

16. Takoz

Takoz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Chris Mortensen tweets that Bob Sanders got hurt again today and is in the locker room.

Also, Crabtree already has as many receptions as Heyward-Bey.

17. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was wondering why SJax was suddenly going off. It's amazing how much Sanders means to that D.

18. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Favre with a fumble and INT in the 4th quarter, both returned for touchdowns. Awesome.

19. Deepinit

Deepinit
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Nice to see the Cowboys defense came to play today. An interception, a fumble recovery and three sacks in the 2nd quarter. It's about fucking time.

Provided their pass defense doesn't shit the bed in the last two minutes of the 2nd half it will make my weekend complete.

20. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just got back from the Browns' game, and I feel as if I've been raped.

While sobbing and scrubbing myself off in a burning hot shower, I came to the realization that Derik Anderson may have a QB rating for the year in the low 50s. Imagine my surprise to find that it wasn't even that high.

There was nothing redeeming from this team today. It had two drives into the red zone, and both were results of penalties to prolong the drives. The defense is miserable. Playcalling sucks. The stands were harassing the home team, and the best portion of the afternoon involved a sauced up Packers' fan getting arrested after somebody ripped his cheese hat. At least we got to cheer for something.

Fuck you clowns. "Who Dey?" is my new battlecry.