Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 MLB Postseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by ryrob, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryrob

ryrob
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Have at it, thoughts about the NLCS, ALCS, and onward.

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am just glad that A-Rod has finally pulled his head out of his ass in the playoffs and started to hit. Just missed his second homer of the day a little while ago and his first homer was crushed.

Edit: Thank God for Mariano

3. youaresomoney

youaresomoney
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

JIMMY FUCKING ROLLINS!! If the Phillies repeat I might shit my pants. Or at the very least get hammered.

4. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Agreed. I'm also thrilled that the Red Sox were swept so easily. I hope their having a great time watching New York play...

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Joe Torre but always thought he was bad with the bullpen. But my God, Girardi makes him look like a genius. Someone has to tell him the team that uses all his pitchers first doesn't win.

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, is anyone watching the Yankees-Angels game? This is the worst umpiring I have ever seen in a game in my life. I am a Yankee fan and there is two calls that went for the Yankees that were absurd. They also blew a call against the Yankees.

These umps are going to get killed after the game.

7. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely atrocious. I get the feeling the umpires got together at the end of the regular season and decided they were sick of NBA refs getting all the attention. There have always been fuckups, but the umpiring in this postseason has been just about the worst I've ever seen it. Although that last blown call on the play with Posada and Cano at third was easily the stupidest baserunning display I can remember.

And for all shit Texiera's getting for not producing from the plate, he's done nothing but bail the Yankees out in the field. I can't imagine how some of these games would have turned out with Giambi still floundering around out there.

8. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That third base call should cause the umpire to be fired. He tagged Cano and Posada right in front of him while they were a couple feet off the base. That same ump also blew the Swisher leaving the base early on the tag play.

It is so nice to watch Texieira play first after watching Giambi lumber around there for the past few years.

9. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously. We haven't had a guy playing at first that hasn't absolutely terrified me to watch since Tino. Glad to finally have some consistency out there.

10. graffin226

graffin226
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ball game over. Yankees win. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Yankees. Win!

Seriously, this team is special. This has been a magical season, and I know I'm setting myself up, but I'm going to be shocked and disappointed if this team doesn't win it all.

11. broadstparade

broadstparade
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Re: the Yankees' game referees

Not much to add, other than I was driving to work today and heard a Yankee fan on talk radio talk about how the Yankees deserved those calls because...because they're the Yankees . . .27 rings, bitch . . . Jager Bombs.

Seriously, though, that's really all we need to know about Yankees fans.

I really hope we get Phils-Yankees. Not only so I can see the above slum get their worlds shit on, but because I think the Phils match up well with them.

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Has anyone else heard about the whole Manny shower incident? As if I needed another reason to hate that douche...

13. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I've been a Yankee fan my whole life and people who bring up the number 26 all the time kinda piss me off. I'm not going to lie and say I've never brought it up, but when the umps are making shitty calls your defense for your team shouldn't be "27 this year, bitch!".

And I also hope we get Phillies-Yankees this year. Just because Manny doesn't deserve it.

14. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, I think it's a non-issue. As much as I'm sure the Dodgers would have wanted Manny in the dugout cheering them on, they were too busy out there blowing game 4. Apparently he's done it before, and he's certainly not the first guy to be in the clubhouse before the last out. Sure it's not the best thing he could've done in that situation, but the only reason this is getting this much attention is that it's Manny. The Dodgers have alot more to worry about at this point, and so should everyone else.

And for the record, I'm a Yankees fan and don't like Manny at all. But making this into a huge deal is just stupid.

15. broadstparade

broadstparade
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I don't care if it's Manny or not. That's deplorable. If a Phillies' player took a shower while his team were still on the field in a playoff game, he might never play in this town again. Cole Hamels showed just two seconds of frustration in Game 1 after Utley botched the DP and he was ripped by the media and his coach, publicly and privately.

16. Beetold

Beetold
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Looking like Yanks and Phils. Should be good match up. Defending champs vs the favorites. Player wise we have A-rod vs Howard should be a good show. Basically if the win the ALDS before game seven I think their shot of taking the world series is GREATLY increased just because of how they are working CC. For a guy to pitch three times in a series and then have to replicate that is going to be a lot of work for the big man.

Regardless, I think the Yankees have too much fight to let this happen.

Now lets see if Howard can continue his RBI streak...

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but it is an example of flat out disrespect and probably an ego trip(this is Manny, after all...). He's easily the most famous player on the roster, and pulling some bullshit like this and Torre having no problem with it has to do something to the team's morale. Which might be one of the reasons that(at this point) are losing tonight's game.

18. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I wasn't nervous when the bases were loaded in the 8th. Nope nope nope. Not nervous at all.)

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's crazy how different it is to be a Phillies fan now compared to last year. Because we actually WON last year it gives you actual.......confidence??? Something Yankee fans had for years I suppose.

Case in point this year all my friends and I WANT the Yankees to win, because we want to have a chance to beat the best team from the AL!

Last year we were pleased to get Tampa so we would have the best chance to win the series!!!

I think if the Phils can win back to back series they will go down as one of the best teams of all time. Of course you have all the Yankee great's, the Big Red Machine ect... but a team that wins back to back and had beaten the Yanks in the second time around will be talked about for a long time.

20. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You think if the fans dragged just one of these umpires into foul territory and beat him savagely with a lead pipe until he looked like he was gargling blood-flavored Scope, that the rest of them would get the hint and open their fucking eyes? This is fucking embarrassing. I'm not posting as a Yankee fan, either, I'm posting as a baseball devotee. This has been an absolutely fucking disgusting postseason for Major League umpires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.