Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I checked my playoffs yesterday and was down 23.5 points going into last night's game, and Bradshaw got me 24 points! Ridiculous. I'm now in the finals.

I don't know whether to start Brees vs TB, or Favre vs Chicago. I've never started Favre before, and both sucked last week, but I expect both to play this week. Unless Brees decides to take it easy because they should have home field advantage wrapped up anyway.

2. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would think that Brees will have an easier time with TB's defense. Plus after nearly getting benched last week, Favre might not be up to his usual self.

As usual, I can't decide which 2 RB's to play. Non-PPR league. (I'm leaning the first two)

Gore (v Detroit)
    Ryan Grant (v Seattle)
    Thomas Jones (@ Indy)
    Knowshon Moreno (@Philly)

Gore will probably have a field day with the Lions "defense", but ESPN's always accurate predictions put TJ with more points than Grant (who I think will run all over Seattle)... ahh playoff pressure. Gotta love it

3. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Quinton Ganther, Jason Snelling, Maurice Morris, Lesean McCoy, Michael Bush and Ray Rice. Who should I start in addition to Rice?

4. Ten Drink Drunk

Ten Drink Drunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Good luck in the championships everyone.

My biggest dilemma is at running back. I have AP and consider him a must start. My RB2 options are a toss up, all with appealing match ups (on paper at least)-- not a bad problem to have I guess. Here are my options and thoughts pro/con. Standard Yahoo! scoring, no PPR.

Thomas Jones (@IND)
    Upside: Indy's beaten up defense and the Jets rookie QB indicate a potentially big game for Jones.
    Downside: Jets may be playing from behind and throwing a lot.

Beanie Wells (STL)
    Upside: Last I heard, Wells is moving into a starting, featured back role. He's playing the Rams
    Downside: Fumble prone, does he get relegated to the bench if he coughs it up? Potential time share still

Jerome Harrison (OAK)
    Upside: Put up and an astounding 47 point performance last week as we all know by now. Appealing match up against Oakland
    Downside: How much of a fluke was last week? He plays for the Browns. Oakland also only yielded 7 points to Moreno last week, leading me to...

Knowshon Moreno (@PHI)
    -Probably the least appealing option.

I'm really struggling with the first three options and who to start as my RB2. Any input is appreciated as always. Thanks.

5. Durac

Durac
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Is it time to sit reggie wayne? not only because they clinced the home field but also because he faces Revis from the jets. Who has been playing shutdown all year long. Who should i start instead? Kevin Walter or Donny Avery?

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: FANTASY LOSER

Last week I had Ray Rice and Thomas Jones, both of whom were projected as top 3 fantasy RBs for the week, give me a combined 14 points, leading to my heart attack inducing 1 point victory.

This week in the finals however, I feel like I am in trouble. I am heading up against Schaub/Andre Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and fucking Ricky Williams. Why do I hate Ricky Williams so? Well early in the year, I had Ronnie Brown, Chris Johnson, and Ray Rice. At the time, Johnson was good, but he hadnt yet exploded. Well, I get proposed a trade for Chris Johnson which would bring me Thomas Jones, Brent Celek, and Anquan Boldin. Seeing as I was a bit weak at WR and TE, and Johnson was a bit erratic and the Titans winless, I took it. We all know the rest, Titans start winning, Johnson explodes, oh yea, Ronnie Brown gets knocked out for the year, giving all his carries to...fucking Ricky Williams. I am going to need some magic from somebody this week to pull this one out...

7. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Simple question for my championship matchup: Jermichael Finley or Heath Miller?

8. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

WOOOOO MOTHEREFFING HOOOO!

With the ending of the Dallas game, I have just won the championship of my big money league with one of the worst teams I have ever had! I mean seriously, I lost two starting running backs to the IR, and have been forced to start Maurice Morris. My receivers have been CRAP all year (the Steve Smiths and Anquan Boldin), and came through big time when it really mattered towards the end. Hell, I even like Matt Schaub now (not really, I always started the wrong guy EVERY WEEK between him and Big Ben, EXCEPT the Championship game)! I might even draft him again next year (not really)!

Sorry I really have nothing to add, I just have never won one of these leagues before, and I'm pumped up beyond belief.

The only dark spot on the weekend was watching the championship game in my other league where I actually had a badass team that didn't show up in the semis. The final score of that shit fest was 55-53. I scored that many points with two guys!

9. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm a Monday night game away fro the same thing. I had a pretty good team this year though except for QB. I had Alex Smith and Ben Roethlisberger all year. I'm ahead by 20 points going into the Monday Night game. My opponent has Matt Forte but I have Adrian Peterson. I'm pretty sure its all me for first place.

10. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I am the commish of my league and have always used Yahoo! This year, the combination of me losing in the first round of playoffs and so many newcomers, there is a demand to do a playoff league. It looks like Yahoo! does not offer one. Can anyone recommend a good free service for this? I see that NFL.com has one and could use it, but wondering which ones people out in TiB-land prefer.

11. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WOOOOO

I'm still pumped after last night. Jets win, and Thomas Jones TD in the 4th gives me the championship by one point as I'm watching from the 5th row. (Yes I stayed the whole game, and it only had a little to do with my fantasy team). Then to top it off, the whole team walked around the field at the end of the game high fiving the fans and I got to shake the hand of the guy that won me the championship. Can't imagine too many people get to do that.