Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And if that happens, I will end you.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the semi finals and I have a question for the board. Normally (having one a couple titles in my years playing fantasy) once I make the playoffs I don't mess with my line-up or overthink things.

However Mike Sims Walker seems useless!! I just picked up Josh Cribbs and he has a great match up against KC this week, I also Have Jerrico Cotchery. Any thoughts?? I really am leaning towards putting Cribbs in.

3. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MSW has been hurt. There has to be another option to pick up on the waiver wire.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12 team league, 17 player roster with no position minimums. No one!! Donnie Avery, I think, no go on Cribbs?

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Semi finals.

Kevin Walter vs. St.L
    Houshmandzada vs TB
    Percy Harvin vs. Car
    Crabtree vs. Philly
    or Derrick Mason vs. Chi

I already have Colston in. Damn, I have a lot of receivers in that league...

6. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Second week of the semi-finals. I'm up 10, but outscoring Rivers, S. Jackson, Rice, T Jones, and Gates again is gonna take a miracle.
    Need some advice about my flex spot (and my thoughts on each)

J. Addai (@ Jac. Wouldn't be a tough decision if he weren't hurt and Indy hadn't clinched. Doubt he'll play more than a half)
    T. Hightower (@Det. Love the matchup but it looks like the best I can hope for here is a 50/50 split with Wells)
    G. Jennings (@Pit. He's been consistently mediocre, with a few big days sprinkled throughout)
    R. Meachem (Dal. Hoping he can continue the hot streak
    M. Forte (@Bal. Fuck him, I'm not starting him. If this week is the week he decides to actually start scoring, so be it. I can't hate him much more than I already do)

Right now I'm leaning toward Meachem or Jennings. Even if they don't have great games, I can't see either one putting up a dud like the other three easily could.

7. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Just lost Kevin Smith for the year, and need to fill my flex spot for my semi-final game against the guy who is in 1st and has been killing people (Chris Johnson should be illegal in 48 states). My options don't look good:

Fumbles McHightower vs. DET
    Maurice Morris vs. ARI
    Dwayne Bowe vs. CLE

Waivers are crap. Help would be greatly appreciated.

8. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As ranked by fantasyguru.com (WR/RB rankings)

Addai - 14 - Had a solid game against them earlier this year but not the greatest matchup and playing time is still an issue.
    Hightower - 40 - Playing time is an issue but fantastic matchup as Lions giving up 3rd most ppg. to RBs in their four.
    Jennings - 44 - Just missed a TD on a big play last week and Steeler secondary is ripe for the picking.
    Forte - Still a pretty brutal matchup as Ravens giving up 3rd fewest ppg. to RBs in their last four.
    Meachem - 60 - Cowboys don't have a good nickel corner so he could easily come through with a big play.

Hightower - 40 - Playing time is an issue but fantastic matchup as Lions giving up 3rd most ppg. to RBs in their four.
    Morris - 66 - Probably the safest bet to get touches for NE but hard to rely on as Cardinal defense can certainly shut down this poor offense.
    Bowe - 81 - Practiced on Wednesday so should be back in starting lineup but hard to rely on and Browns have been solid against WRs lately.

Yes - I know, I just copied and pasted. I'm too lazy to think right now.

9. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Alright dudes, I have my lineup set for Week 15, but I would like to get a second opinion on my WRs.

We play in a 10 team league that is 1 point per reception, 6 points for receiving TDs, 1 point per 10 yards receiving. We start 3 WRs. Here are my options (my current picks are bolded):

Roddy White vs. NYJ
    Brandon Marshall vs. OAK
    Greg Jennings vs. PIT
    Derrick Mason vs. CHI
    Percy Harvin vs. CAR

I'm ruling Harvin out because of his migraines. Marshall is the obvious one of the bunch, so I am struggling with filling two spots with White, Jennings and Mason. I want to choose Mason because he gets tons of targets and is generally a reliable option. I'm worried about the Darrelle Revis matchup that Roddy has to deal with, and I also am not to thrilled about Jennings based on his numbers so far.

What do y'all think? Thanks in advance.

10. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any thoughts on starting Josh Cribbs? He is playing KC and he has been lining up as a RB, if he is healthy it might be a great play for me. (Stupid Sims Walker is hurt and I don't want to see him play tonight and get another 18 yards) am I crazy for actually putting a Brown's player in my lineup?

11. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Semi finals of big money league. 25 yards passing = 1 point, 10 yards rushing/receiving = 1 point, 1 catch = 0.5 points

M. Schaub @ St. Louis
    K. Warner @ Detroit

J. Charles vs Cleveland
    C. Benson @ San Diego

D. Williams vs Minnesota

Obviously need 1 QB, and then 2 RBs. My leans are in bold. I figure Charles is pretty much an automatic, so it comes down to Benson/DeAngelo. Minnesota is great against the run, so that's why I'm leaning Cedric. As for the QB, I'm completely undecided, as both have awesome match-ups. Warner was shit last week, and Schaub was possessed, and Schaub has been my guy this year ... but, fuck, Detroit is Detroit. Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.

12. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd heavily lean Warner here, as he is not likely to have two horrendous weeks in a row. I believe the converse will be true for Schaub. The Texans are all but out of the playoff race, while Warner needs to make a statement rolling into the playoffs. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but (I hope) should go completely off this week.

Your running back leans are legit.

13. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm having some issues picking my playoff roster this week. No PPR 10 player standard Yahoo league.

Definately starting Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles but what about #3
    Frank Gore VS. Philly
    Rashard Mendenhall VS. Green Bay

I know my Quarterback situation blows but they've gotten me this far.
    Ben Roethlisberger VS. Green Bay
    Alex Smith VS. Philly

I'm starting Colston VS. the Cowboys for sure
    Sidney Rice VS. Carolina
    Randy Moss VS. Buffalo

Leans are in Bold. Analysis would be helpful.

14. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Alex Smith over Big Ben......Worst. Call. Ever.

Big Ben = 38 Fantasy points
    Alex Smith = 7 Fantasy points.

Probably cost me the win today.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Bears fan, it pains me to say it, but thank the lord for Aaron Rodgers. I am going to the finals of my league's playoffs solely due to his monster game. I never thought I would win while getting a total of 14 from Thomas Jones and Ray Rice.

And oh, PS, fuck you Michael Crabtree and your disappearing act. Knew I should have played Austin Collie.

16. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: FANTASY LOSER

Now that we are in the playoffs I would like to nominate my fantasy loser, this player is someone you count on week in and week out and then the game before the championship has his worst (fantasy) performance of the year.

My Nominee:

TOM BRADY 8.75 pts.

17. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'd like to nominate Drew Brees, with his spectacular 5 point showing against Dallas.

18. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd like to thank Ryan Longwell, for who gave me -1 point with his missed kick, when I went into the Sunday night game tied owning all the tie breakers, with only him left to play for either team.

19. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My fantasy playoffs started last week. Heading into Monday Night, I needed a whole 5 points from Larry Fitzgerald. In a PPR league. I was already looking forward to next week...

2 catches, 22 yards, 0 TD's. 3 fantasy points. You motherfucker.

20. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Despite the worst fantasy call ever I will somehow win my matchup (Unless the Giants kicker gets 30 points).

On to the super bowl next week.