Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Alright, so first round of the playoffs. I finished 9-4, even though I was never completely confident in my team. I'm playing against the best team in the league in the first round. Fuck me running.

Here's the issue: I have Cincinnati's defense and only their defense. They play at Minnesota this weekend. No thanks. Who should I pick up?

I can get the Broncos (@Colts), 49ers (vs. Cardinals), Colts (vs. Broncos), Cowboys (vs. Chargers), Texans (vs. Seahawks), or Bills (@ Chiefs).

Now I obviously want to stay away from playing against the Colts, Chargers, and Cardinals. I'm actually leaning towards the Texans. Are the Seahawks a risk of killing me with their offense?

2. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Warner at SF on MNF

or

Schaub at home vs Seattle

25 yards = 1 pt, TD = 6 pt

I've been riding Schaub all year, and need to win to make the playoffs so I need to maximize my scoring opportunities. I'm worried about how he'll hold up after that shoulder injury this past week, and Warner has been hot as of late. Thoughts?

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have the same two QB's but I've been riding Warner the whole time, except for the game he didn't play. I'm sticking with him.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Schaub is the higher scoring QB ( 257 vs. 232 in my league) and Seattle is a better match up' they are terrible. I love having a player go monday night however, makes the game more interesting. Warner is the hot play right now, I would think both players will score in the mid 20's. Personally I would play Schaub because of the matchup, 49ers are better defensively and the Cards just had a big emotional win against minn.

5. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

(Non-PPR league, 1 pt per 50 yds)

I need some WR help. Here's my current WR lineup:
    WR1 - OchoCinco
    WR2 - R Meachem
    WR/TE1 - D. Hester
    WR/TE2 - W. Welker

All I have on the bench is Jeremy Shockey, who hasn't been performing lately. And with Devin Hester hurt, I think I might want to snag another WR. Should I drop Hester (who doesn't have great matchups for the rest of the season (Except maybe @Det)), and pick up someone else? The top 5 avail are Donnie Avery, Devin Thomas, Kenny Britt, and Jericho Cotchery. Any of those look better than Hester? I'm stressing a little, I'm in a must-win situation this week.

6. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Brandon Jacobs or Cedric Benson this week?

7. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'd say pick up Cotchery. He's been getting 7-10 points a week consistently and even with Braylon there he is still the #1 receiver for the Jets. On one of my teams I've been starting him quite a bit this year.

However, I'm not very good at fantasy football, but I like Cotchery especially if he's your #4 receiver.

8. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I need to start 3 wide receivers, no ppr league:

1. Marques Colston vs. Atlanta
    2. Miles Austin vs. San Diego
    3. Sidney Rice vs. Cincinatti

Bench: Robert Meachem vs. Atlanta

I'm considering picking up Jamaal Charles (KC) to start at RB2 against Buffalo, because they're the league's worst rush D. I have DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney, Steve Slaton just hit the IR.

Meachem's been having some damn good week's recently, but all my starters have been very consistent. Despite the fact that I'm the top scorer in my league, if I lose this week I don't make the playoffs.

9. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There is no way Charles should be a free agent in any league. Pick him up immediately, he's been averaging double figure points the last couple weeks against tough defenses, he should exploit Buffalo. He should be considered over Maroney for sure.

10. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're just looking for this week, I'd stay away from Cotchery. Sanchez is out and with Kellen Clemens at QB, expect the Jets to put way more emphasis on the run than usual. Especially if the Jets get out to an early lead (it is Tampa Bay), I don't see Cotchery putting up very good numbers this week.

11. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yeah I forgot Sanchez was out. Listen to the guy above.

12. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

God dammit. With a big playoff game hanging in the balance, I need Anquan Boldin to put up 20 points on MNF. Why does make me so angry you ask? I could have been coasting right now if motherfucking Mario Manningham could keep his feet inbounds. I almost cried when the umps ruled him out of bounds on that second drive. If only that bastard had clipped his toenails before the game.

13. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I didn't see this until today, but it didn't matter much, none of the FA's that I listed did any better. Cotchery got me one point, which is one more than if I would have kept Hester. And I ended up winning by 50 points anyway. First week playoff bye here I come!

Thanks for the advice, everybody. I appreciate it.

14. Ten Drink Drunk

Ten Drink Drunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It's good to see this board so active with some familiar names from the TMMB. You guys always had solid advice so I'm looking for a little reassurance/advice heading into the first week of playoffs.

The playoffs start week 15 in my league. Standard Yahoo scoring, no PPR.

Here's what my team looks like:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Vince Young

Rodgers has gotten me this far and I see no reason to bench him, barring injury of course.

WR: V Jax, Reggie Wayne, Miles Austin, Derrick Mason and recently added Steve Breaston.

Things are less clear cut here. Last I heard, Indy will continue to play it's 'healthy' starters, but Wayne has had a lingering foot injury so I don't know if I can start him with confidence, but it's always hard to bench your best guys. Although he has been shut down lately.

RB: AP, Thomas Jones, Moreno, Beanie Wells

I'm tempted to continue to roll with AP and TJ, but Wells has some good match ups. I'm always hesitant to start a guy in a time share though.

TE: Witten
    K: Bironas
    Def: Denver

Pretty straight forward here unless there are any potential waiver wire gems that might be out there.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

15. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anyone heard anything about the Colts resting starters? I have Joeseph Addai and would hate to see him come out at halftime now that they have clinched homefield.

Any mention about wanting to protect the perfect record?

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow... I was up 10 with all my players gone, and my opponent had Kurt Warner. I figured I was fucked.

I have never seen a QB have such a horrible, horrible game. The guy had 2 fantasy points. Unbelievable.

17. Ten Drink Drunk

Ten Drink Drunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

18. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So... I'm in a league with some friends of mine for NO money. As such, I paid only minimal attention. Before the seasons started someone bailed on us and my girlfriend took over the slot. She knows nothing about football or fantasy football so I ran her team.

Naturally, she's in the finals against my college roommates girlfriend. Goddamn ridiculous.

Anyway, since the league is for no money... she has the number 1 waiver priority. How wrong would it be for me to drop Chris Johnson from my team and pick him up on hers? Discuss.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About the most unethical thing you can do in fantasy football. Even if it's for pride it's illegal. Any commish worth a damn would overrule that.

20. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

One thing you don't fuck with, is the Fantasy Football Gods. If you do something like that -- where you're blatantly trying to rig the league for her to win -- the FFG's would strike back with a vengeance. And with our luck, they'd do something so horrific to get back at you ... something like, fucking with the final season of LOST. Don't fuck with Gods, Sherwood!!