Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since it's non-ppr I'd go with Grant. He'll probably get around 20 carries whereas Steve Smith only has one td and never got 100 yards in his last 5 games. Take the safe play here.

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like some of you, I was hit with the Ronnie Brown injury. I was also hit with the Owen Daniels injury. I can't decide on whether or not I need to make a move for the playoff push (12 team league, 4 make playoffs, standard scoring non-ppr). I am in 5th with most points so I own the tie breaker with anyone above me probably.

My team
    QB - Brady
    WR - Wayne
    WR - Marshall
    WR - Boldin
    RB - S Jackson
    RB - J Stewart
    TE - J Carlson
    K - Folk
    D - Saints

Bench:
    Cutler
    Orton
    Hester
    Cooley
    McGahee

I also have one empty spot on my roster and I'm trying to claim Fred Jackson off of waivers.

What do I do? Our trade deadline is tomorrow. Do I rely on spot starting a RB2 the rest of the year and hope I can find a gem in free agency due to an injury down the road? Do I trade away some of my top end talent (e.g. Brady) to try and fill some voids?

I'm fucking stuck.

3. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Jonathan Stewart or Ricky Williams.

A speedy reply would be awesome, thanks.

.5 PPR

4. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ricky Williams.

5. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thanks dude, to be honest I wanted to play them both, but don't have a flex position and in no way can bench AP. My concern was that most of the wild-cat scoring is likely going to Pat White, so I think that Williams' fantasy value for Brown being out is not going to be as prolific as some are predicting. I hope I am wrong. Also, Stewart's fantasy performance has been quite sinusoidal, and their seems to be injuries to both he and Williams. So I'm glad I have S. Smith, to supplement a banged up back field. It's looking to be a nice situation in a must win game for me.

Also, just as a point. I'll be playing Jason Campbell over D. McNabb this week. This will be the 3rd time I've done it this year and it's worked out (ie outscoring McNabb) each time. So if you have a shitty QB match-up, I recommend this as an option. JC's very good traditionally against Dallas.

6. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can say what you want about Pat White and the wildcat and all. The fact is, with Brown out, Ricky has to get the ball more. A decent amount more too. And call me crazy, but I think Ricky Williams is still reallly fucking good.

As far as Stewart goes, D Williams will be playing. Meaning Stewart is going to be filling in, he may get lucky and score some points, he may not. So yeah... he'll still be "sinusoidal".

7. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ronnie Brown going down was the best thing that could have happened for me. Williams was already having a pretty good year, but last night was great for me.

8. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just offered Pierre Thomas for Anquan Boldin. Do I take it? I'm leaning towards not because Boldin is finally healthy and has a fairly easy remaining schedule (StL twice, Det, Min, GB, and Ten). However, I really need a RB2.

9. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't feel too strongly on way or another about the trade (however, considering you also have Wayne, Marshall, and Hester; I don't think it's a bad one to accept), but I have two questions:

1) Why do you have THREE quarterbacks, especially this late in the year with the bye weeks past? At the very least, drop Orton and get another RB or WR off waivers. I have Brady in my own league, and at this point I'm content with having just him and packaging my backup (E. Manning) in a trade (which I've certainly tried doing this week). I'd suggest doing the same with Cutler. Maybe you'll find someone dumb enough to overlook his inability to produce in the red zone.

2) Why 2 TEs? Same reason as above. TEs generally don't garner many points. Even though you're in a 12-team league, I'm willing to bet there's a FA RB/WR who's more productive than Chris Cooley.

EDIT: On second thought, after reading the post below mine, and just now reading about your wanting to making a playoff run, keep Boldin. That's a very hard schedule to say 'no' to, especially if you want a formidable playoff team.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Definitely don't take this trade. For starters Thomas isn't even an upgrade over Stewart. Secondly, Boldin is one of the best goal line receivers in the game. Unless he gets hurts again he should have a strong finish to the season. My guess is that the guy isn't even playing Thomas very often and is trying to get something for nothing.

Edit: I'm not against you trading one of your receivers for another running back, but I'd try to do better. And I agree with rob4broncos, there is no reason for you to have 3 QBs.

11. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In anticipation of Benson missing Sundays game, would be a better start at RB2:

Snelling vs Giants
    Betts vs Cowboys

10 yards = 1 point, 1 catch = 0.5 points

12. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Question at RB for this weekend/the future.

Pick 3:
    T. Jones (@NE)
    Addai (@ Bal)
    Mendenhall (@KC)
    LT (@Den)
    Maroney (NYJ)

Right now I'm going with starting Jones, Mendenhall and Addai. The only one I'm really questioning is Addai over LT, and wondering what everyone's thoughts were. Even with Cassel and Garrard as my QB situation, I'm still in the playoff hunt and thinking about moving one or more of my RBs to upgrade that position.

13. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Steve Smith CAR for Kevin Smith.

Ronnie Brown just went down for the year and I'm very fucked at RB2. I have Ray Rice, McCoy, Snelling, Forsett, and Bernard Scott right now, and Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Austin Collie at WR. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

14. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rock Cartwright, Jason Snelling, Justin Forsett or LeSean McCoy? Thanks.

15. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Are you asking for just this week or for the rest of the year?

LeSean McCoy has the best shot of being the #1 RB for the rest of the season on his respective team. Forsett has to deal with Julius Jones being back(which is sad, because Jones is terrible), Snelling will be dealing with Turner soon (who is reportedly back at practice), and Cartwright could deal with Portis (who hopes to play Week 13).

As far as this week is concerned, it comes down to McCoy or Snelling for me. I'd probably lean on the Snelling side based on the fact that they are playing Tampa Bay.

16. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Must win matchup to get into the playoffs, and my dilemna is simple:

Start Steelers DEF vs. Oak

or

Start Saints DEF vs. Was

Strong arguments can be made for both, and I'm leaning towards Saints because of their take away potential and the horrid Skins (sorry guys, you know I love you) offense.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saints D. The Steelers D is not what it once was.

18. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some dick in my league released his whole team now that he's eliminated, but at least that means I get to upgrade at QB for the rest of the season/playoffs. Should I go with

Romo (@NYG, SD, @NO, @Was, Phi)
    or
    Orton (@KC, @Ind, Oak, @Phi, KC)

I'm pretty up in the air on this one. Orton's ankle has me kinda nervous, but not nearly as much as Romo's history of imploding in December. I'm leaning towards Orton right now, mainly because of the two KC games. Thoughts on which I should go with?

19. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Matt Ryan is out for me in a league where I am fighting for a first round bye. And silly me, I don't seem to have a back up QB on my bench since I originally drafted Trent Edwards for that purpose. So, with that in mind, here are my best options as I see them from the waivers:

Jason Cambell (NO)
    Matt Cassel (DEN)
    Matt Stafford (CIN)
    Chris Redman (PHI)

I'm leaning Redman. I also start Calvin Johnson, so if I do take a risk and start Stafford, I have a chance to double my points if they do well. Thoughts?

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All those match ups are pretty bad. Definitely don't do Campbell or Cassel. You should choose your QB regardless of whether you have a WR on the same team, but Stafford might still be the best option. He's too inexperienced to be a good player yet, but he gets a lot of attempts (never less than 30 in a start) and you can usually rely on him to throw at least one touchdown. The fact that Turner is out makes Redman even more appealing though. Eh, I'd go with your initial choice.