Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RBs... Please pick one:

Ryan Grant
    Julius Jones
    Ricky Williams

I'm starting Ray Rice as RB1, and AP is on bye this week. I picked up Williams just because he seems to get all the goal line touches, but I know he's going against NE this week.

2. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

When in doubt, go against Tampa Bay. They are very very bad, and Grant gets the vast majority of the carries in Green Bay. Williams has been hot recently but Brown can just as easily get the goal line calls, and Jones has been pretty mediocre this year.

3. jecantor

jecantor
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Gotta pick two to start today:

Chris Johnson
    Matt Forte
    Tim Hightower
    Darren Sproles

Pretty sure I'll start Johnson.. but I'm torn between Forte and Hightower for the other spot. Suggestions?

4. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My friend wants to trade 2 of the following players for my Ryan Grant (112 points this year so far).

Burleson (115 points)
    Hakeem Nicks (88 points)
    Bradshaw (93 points)
    Ryan Moats (53 points)
    Buckhalter (75 points).

1 PPR league.

I'm thinking of getting Burleson and Bradshaw. Good trade for me?

5. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm in a 10 team PPR league, currently in 4th place at 5-4. We start QB - 3 WR - 2 RB - TE - K - D/ST. Here is my team:

QB: Rivers, Flacco
    WR: R. White, Jennings, B. Marshall, Percy, Mason, Manningham
    RB: MJD, Charles, Lynch, Moreno
    TE: Winslow
    K: Carney
    D/ST: Miami, Cincy

I'm too deep on receiver and a bit thin on RB. I received this offer: Pierre Thomas for Brandon Marshall. What do you guys think about this deal? Pierre has a nice schedule coming up, and the rest of the league isn't budging on trades. Since we get return yards, I can just play Percy and be just fine, right? Thanks for the insight.

6. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Given your WR & RB depth, I'd say that's a reasonable trade. Marshall hasn't really been playing up to expectations (statistically, anyway), so it might be worth going out and getting another RB who's worth a shit (seriously, Jamaal Charles?).

On another note, why are you carrying 2 defenses? That's a roster spot that could be used on a RB/WR on waivers. Cincinnati has a good stretch of shitty offenses coming up, so I'd stick with them and drop the Fish.

7. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I hear you, man. I thought Jamaal Charles would be a decent one week play (Lynch was on bye and Moreno faced Pittsburgh), but he only had like 6 carries and a few catches. Oh well.

I've been hoarding Cincinnati for a couple of weeks for the very reason you've mentioned. After this week, they play Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit. They play in PIttsburgh this week, and Miami plays Tampa at home. I'm thinking that Miami will force Josh Freeman to make some mistakes, hence I am rolling with them. But I definitely had planned to dropping them after this week.

Thanks for the words.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok guys, I could use a little help.

PPR league, for my 2 flex positions I need to pick two of the following:

- Calvin Johnson
    - Sidney Rice
    - Donald Driver
    - Rashard Mendenhall

Of course I love Calvin Johnson, but he seems to still be recovering. Mendenhall has a tough match up. Driver's been consistent, but GB is always horrible against Dallas. Then, I love Rice's match up, but the ball gets spread around a lot in Minnesota. Any help?

9. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ok, I'm in a 14 team, non PPR league, and I have to start two of these 3 RB's:

Michael Turner (@CAR)
    Pierre Thomas (@STL)
    Matt Forte (@SF)

I'm thinking Turner and Pierre Thomas, I'm just not sure Forte is gonna get back to producing like he did last year. I'm not sure though. Any thoughts would help. Thanks.

10. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I just lost 98.3 to 98.2 this week. Ray Rice's last meaningless 5 yard rush with 2 minutes left last night put my opponent over the edge. After that rush, the Ravens promptly took him out and put Mcgahee in, so there wasn't even hope that he would lose a yard or 2 on a carry.

I'm now 3-7 and have lost to the top 2 teams in my league by a combined 4.1 points over the last 2 weeks. I need to sweep the next 3 to have a shot at the playoffs. I fucking hate this game.

11. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm torn as to which RB's to start this week.

Pick 2:
    Ryan Grant (v. SF)
    Frank Gore (@GB)
    Thomas Jones (@NE)
    Reggie Bush (@TB)

I'm thinking Ryan Grant and Thomas Jones, but I like Reggie's matchup against TB. But it seems everytime I start him, he sucks, and every time he's benched, he runs up and down the field (See also, last week).

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When you ask this stuff you should say whether or not your league is PPR. It makes a big difference on whether or not to start Reggie Bush as none of the other backs get many receptions.

Anyway, is there any reason you don't want to play Gore? He's been solid all year and carries the load for that team. I'd say he's your no-brainer. As for the other three I'd take Thomas Jones. It's nice that Grant doesn't split carries, but the 49ers run defense is tough and Grant rarely gets into the end zone.

13. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sorry, Non-PPR. I forget y'all can't read my mind.

Thanks for the tips.

14. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

With Ronnie Brown out Thursday night, I'm left with Forsett, Jason Snelling, LeSean McCoy, and Kevin Faulk to fill my RB2. Any advice is appreciated.

15. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ditto except I have McCoy and Betts, I could pick up Snelling or Forsett also. Everyone seems high on McCoy but Philly relies so much on the pass I don't think he can be trusted. I will probably go with Betts this week.

16. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

While I agree that Betts may be the better start over McCoy, I disagree with you on whether McCoy can be trusted. Betts is a good start, he's played well 2 weeks in a row, and frankly I think he's been playing better than Portis this season. I see McCoy doing well this week. The Bears blitz like crazy, and the one of the easiest ways to gouge a blitz is with screen passes, something the Eagles do a lot. I could see McCoy struggling getting a lot of rushing yards, but he could end up with 100+ receiving yards.

I have a question on who to start as my 3rd RB and also my 3rd WR. I'm in a non-PPR league, 10-team, standard yahoo scoring.

RB: Marshawn Lynch v Jags, Cadillac v Saints, or Jamaal Charles v Steelers
    I'm leaning towards Cadillac, but I could see the Bucs getting down quick and having to throw a bunch to stay in the game which would hurt Caddy's numbers. Charles has the toughest matchup, but he was good last week but that was against the Raiders. Lynch has basically been a huge disappointment all season, and I feel like that won't be changing. Thoughts?

WR: Roy Williams v Redskins, Manningham v Falons, Kevin Walter v Titans, or if my waiver claim goes through Chambers v Steelers
    Right now I have Williams in because I could see the Redskins getting gashed by the deep passes again this week, but I'm concerned it'd be Austin getting those catches as not Williams. I appreciate any help I can get.

17. c$money

c$money
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

No PPR league.
    Start 3 WR, I have Miles Austin, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings, with Jennings currently on the bench.
    Who should sit this week?

18. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1 PPR

Kevin Smith vs Cleveland or;
    Pierre Thomas vs. Tampa

I REALLY hate this fucking decision. Almost as much as I hate both of these players.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sit Jennings.

Moss is a no brainer, Austin has been killing it, and even if Favre only throws three passes to Harvin, he'll break nine tackles and get 87 yards against Seattle. That's not even factoring in the possible return TDs.

Still not quite sure why Harvin wasn't returning kicks against Detroit last week...

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Non-ppr league.

Coming down to the playoff wire and I need some pts.

For my flex should I play:

Ryan Grant @ SF or Steve Smith (NYG) @ ATL?

Smith started so strong but has been faltering lately.