Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like he said, this is a good trade for you to take since you already have Schaub, but right now he isn't offering enough. Big Ben is a top fantasy QB this year and Smith is still a decent receiver. You need to back up Schaub in case he goes down, or at least get a RB for flex.

You might want to remind him that when you start only 1 QB there's no way he needs three.

2. hawt

hawt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Tom Brady is on his bye week so I need to get a back up quarterback. 1 point per completion, 1 point per 25 yards, 6 points per touchdown.

Right now the only decent people available are...

Marc Bulger
    Alex Smith
    Daunte Culpepper
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Chad Henne
    Mark Sanchez

I'm thinking Bulger because he is facing a week Detroit defense, thoughts?

3. dougiebig

dougiebig
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Need some help for my RB2. I have to choose between Barber vs. SEA and Ricky Williams vs. NYJ. At this point, I'm leaning strongly towards Williams due to the Jets' injuries and the fact that he's been tearing it up on my bench the last couple of weeks.

Thoughts?

4. MickMcGeough

MickMcGeough
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Nicks is good but not as good advertised. One of his TDs was from David Carr in garbage time and the other was a fluke tipped ball that was never intended for him. That said, Manningham might miss this week and that will open the door for Nicks to get more looks and make a case for the starting job. I'd pick him up over Lance Moore but I wouldn't drop Hester for him. Hester's still the #1 option in Chicago and he's getting plenty of targets. Not counting the Lions game where he left with an injury, he's had 8-10 targets each game. Plus he's playing the Browns this week.

5. MickMcGeough

MickMcGeough
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I wouldn't blame you for going with Bulger based on the matchup, but there's more upside with Smith. Smith threw as many TDs in the 2nd half against Houston as Bulger has thrown all season. At 6pts per TD I'd think about that. Sure, it was against Houston, but you've got to expect that the 9ers will throw the ball most of the day playing catch-up.

6. hawt

hawt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Thanks for the tip, I think I am going to roll the dice and go with Smith, I'm undefeated right now, so even if I drop one game during my major bye week I should still be alright.

Also, I was watching ESPN and they were saying to bench Greg Jennings, I don't blame them because he hasn't done shit for me all season with the exception of one game.

Right now my starting WR's are...
    Greg Jennings vs. Minnesota
    Hakeem Nicks @ Philadelphia
    Johnny Knox vs. Cleveland

On my bench I have...
    Mario Manningham @ Philadelphia
    Braylon Edwards vs. Miami

Does anyone think Edwards or Manningham are worth starting over Jennings? I chose Nicks over Manningham because he has put up double digit points every game since he got back from injury and Manningham hasn't been very consistent. I didn't want to have two Giants starting though.

7. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Because of bye weeks, I'm forced to choose between Shonn Greene vs Miami or Felix Jones vs Seattle as my RB2 -- 10 yards/1 point, 0.5 ppr.

I'm leaning towards Greene, what with him getting Washington's carries despite Miami's tough run D, but could use some outsider thoughts?

8. MickMcGeough

MickMcGeough
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Manningham is banged up and even if he does play I doubt he'll get his regular snaps. Cotchery should be back vs. Miami this week so Edwards is going to get fewer looks as well. Jennings is getting plenty of targets and catches, but GBs OL isn't giving Rodgers enough time to find him on the deep balls that made Jennings a top receiver. It'll come. Either way he's a better start than your bench options.

9. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Soooo....what? Slaton is just a complete idiot and can't hold onto the ball at all? Gets benched and some guy named Moats comes in and absolutely kills it? What the fuck Slaton, thanks for ruining my day and creating essentially a fucking blank spot on my roster. WHY is it that hard to hold onto a ball?

10. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well if Steven Jackson was ever going to get in the endzone it was going to be this week. Gore and McNabb had nice games too. Still have White and Jennings left at WR and Shiancoe at TE. Could end up with a nice week.

11. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have to make some moves this week due to all the bye games my players are in. I am picking up a TE and need to drop one of my bench WRs: Crabtree or Clayton? Because of the bye weeks, I need to start the one I keep. Crayton is playing Philly and Crabtree is playing Tenn.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, work league for week 9:

QB: Kurt Warner, Matt Schaub (BN)
    WR: Crabtree, Marques Colston, Derrick Mason (BN), TJ Houshmandzadeh (BN), Percy Harvin (BN)
    RB: Matt Forte, Joseph Addai, Chris Johnson (flex), Rashard Mendenhall (BN)
    TE: Brent Celek
    K: David Akers
    Def: NO, Buf (BN) (I picked up Buffalo cause no one had them and they're good trade fodder)

Money league commissioned by Hotwheelz for week 9 (1ppr):

QB: Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb (BN)
    WR: Marques Colston, Crabtree, Austin Collie (flex), Percy Harvin (BN)
    RB: Ronnie Brown, Julius Jones, Adrian Peterson (BN), Clinton Portis (BN)
    TE: Jeremy Shockey, John Carlson (TE)
    K: Nick Folk
    Def: Indy, Buf (BN)

I'm 6-2 in both leagues, but have caught lucky breaks.

Personally, I'd keep Crabtree. His role on SF keeps getting bigger and bigger, while Crayton's role is dropping off, other than the return game. And do you really see him returning a punt to the house three weeks in a row?

13. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've got the Jets defense right now, and they have a bye this week.

Here's the defenses that are available:
    Bengals (vs Baltimore)
    Dolphins (@ New England)
    Falcons (vs Washington)
    Seahawks (vs Dallas)

Whatcha think? Who should I grab?

14. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Give: DWill

Get: Warner, Carlson, Steve Smith (CAR)

Team is currently:
    QB- Cutler
    RB- Rice
    RB- Ronnie Brown
    WR- Fitz
    WR- Jennings
    WR- Collie
    TE- Z Miller
    BN- Kevin Walter, Mike Wallace, Maroney, L McCoy

I really don't trust Cutler, and Warner's upcoming schedule has some really good match-ups with Detroit, STL twice, and TEN.

Any advice?

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wrote a longer post, but then my internet fucked up so I'll just get to the point: yes, you should take the trade.

16. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

With Owen Daniels out for the season, I have to get a new TE.

I've narrowed it down to Todd Heap and Ben Watson. I'm leaning more towards Watson because the Pats throw much more than the Ravens, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

17. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Dammit. I was 2nd in Waiver order, and someone scooped me on the Falcons D.

So here's who's available:

Eagles (v Dallas)
    Bengals (v Bal)
    Chargers (@NYG)
    Dolpins (@NE)
    Panthers (@NO)

I'm just fucked, aren't I?

18. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Not a lot of great options, but its your D -- were you expecting a lot of points from that?

I would go for Chargers and pray that Eli throws a few INTs. I had to grab a D for this week and debated between Chargers for that reason and Seattle. Chose Seattle b/c they play Lions.

19. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cincy and Philly are both playing at home, and have the best matchups. Don't forget that the Bengals D did a good job the last time they played Baltimore. And Philly is coming off of a beatdown of the NFL's most overrated QB. I'd go with one of them.

20. rezy

rezy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Trying to figure out who to start at rb... Right now I have Jacobs, LT, and Ronnie Brown with Cedric Benson on the bench. It is a 2 rb 1 flex league and my backup receivers suck, which combo of rbs should i start?