Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 Fantasy Football Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Vanilla, Oct 19, 2009.

1. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Which 2 RBs should I start this week (non-PPR league)?

Ryan Grant @Cleveland
    Thomas Jones @Oakland
    Frank Gore @Houston

I'm thinking Gore & Jones, but Cleveland's lack of defensive strength makes me want to start Grant, too...

Thanks!

2. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd go with Nicks and Rivers. Braylon is really struggling this year and Nicks has value in PPR leagues. The QB matchup is closer but SF has a strong defense and KC sucks, and Rivers is a little more valuable than Schaub overall.

I'm in a Yahoo league. 12 teams, 2 starting QBs, 2 PPR, 1 point per rush attempt. Otherwise it's pretty standard scoring.

My lineup this week (everyone on my bench is on a bye):

QB Matt Schaub
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (bye week scab)
    WR Roddy White
    WR Bernard Berrian
    WR Mohammed Massaquoi
    RB Cedric Benson
    RB Matt Forte
    TE Dallas Clark
    W/R/T Ahmad Bradshaw
    K David Akers
    DEF New Orleans

BN Joe Flacco
    BN Derrick Mason
    BN Ray Rice
    BN Calvin Johnson

I'm currently at 6-0. Really lucked out in the draft. Benson, Forte and Rice are all consistently above 30 pts. Only place I'm kind of weak is WR.

I don't really have a question, so thoughts on my team?

3. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Starters this week:

QB Peyton Manning
    WR Miles Austin
    WR Wes Welker
    RB Ronnie Brown
    RB LaDanian Tomlinson
    TE Chris Cooley
    Flex Jonathan Stewart
    DST NE Patriots
    K John Karney

Bench: D. Hester, L. Moore, L. Johnson, W. Parker, E. Manning, M. Sims-Walker (bye)

3-3 mostly due to some injuries early. Really torn on my flex play this week, Stewart is highest in all the rankings, but Johnson is going against a horrible SD run defense and is due for some TDs, and you could even make a case for Hester or Moore. Any advice?

4. valeo

valeo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I am a Giants fan and love Smith, but with Nicks playing a lot better, I think you will see his targets go down a little bit, especially as the cold weather hits and the giants start to run it more (Giants Stadium winds are a nightmare). Plus, I still can't get on board with I have no idea of how valuable Housh is though.

Given that its PPR I would say you are ok for either. Frank Gore is fragile, and i still can't get on board with Ronnie Brown being that valuable this year. I don't know why, I just don't like him that much. If you ask me though, the big hole you have is Antonio Bryant.

Also, someone asked about Roy Williams. I think he's banged up.

Drinksonthehouse, go with Palmer. Edwards is going to be shut down by NNamdi and I think Cotchery and Brad Smith are out. Sanchez has no one to throw to. Travis, same advice to you. You always want to stay away from starting a No. 1 receiver against the Jets or Oakland (because of Revis and Nnamdi) unless they are an absolute stud. Go with Nicks, he's hit or miss but I think Edwards is a definite miss.

Cargasm, definitely start Grant. Cleveland sucks and they have had a dozen players missing practice this week with the flu. Thomas Jones too. With Sanchez shitting himself and all his receivers out or covered by Nnamdi, the Jets will have to run the ball.

5. thenational

thenational
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

12 team league, 1 PPR
    This is my first year doing fantasy football, but I've had pretty good results so far.

QB
    Tom Brady
    Eli Manning
    RB
    Julius Jones
    Leon Washington
    Chris Johnson
    WR
    Antonio Bryant
    Vincent Jackson
    Brandon Marshall
    Jeremy Maclin
    Percy Harvin
    Visanthe Shiancoe
    Owen Daniels

David Akers
    Minnesota Vikings Defense

Got offered a trade where I give Percy Harvin and Owen Daniels, and get Steve Slaten. Any thoughts on that?

6. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You'd be selling low on both Brown and Gore especially. I wouldn't do either, as Ronnie Brown is golden this year and San Francisco is learning that Gore dictates their offense. Hous will have his ups and downs, but he won't be consistent. Steve Smith is nice, but not Ronnie Brown nice.

7. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I do that trade simply for the fact that you have Shaincoe to backup Daniels and you are relatively set at WR, with Maclin being basically similar to Harvin. You need RB help with Julius struggling and the Jets' backfield being a clusterfuck.

8. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'd go Rivers @ KC and if forced, go Braylon at Oakland. Though it is tough to play Braylon as Scrabble will probably be mathced up against him with Cotchery out. Hakeem Nicks is very fringe, any other options?

9. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'd go Gore and Jones too, but I can see your point with Cleveland. That being said, Shaun Rogers is no slouch and Green Bay (and specifically Ryan Grant) haven't exactly been stellar with their line this year,

10. Moses Malone

Moses Malone
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

WR is my weakest position. I got Welker and need to pick 2 more for this week (0.5 ppr):

Percy Harvin (@ PIT) - I feel like this is a no-brainer but his shoulder has obviously been slowing him down the last couple weeks
    Jeremy Maclin (@ WASH)
    Mike Wallace (v. MIN)
    Mushin Muhhamed (v. BUF)

11. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vernon Davis has 27 points today, on three touchdown receptions and nearing 100 yards. I have him benched in favor of Brent Celek. Fuck me running.

12. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wondering if Colston could drop more passes. Fuuuuuuucker.

Thank god my opponent had 5-6 guys on bye weeks this week and rather than fucking up his team he's just taking the loss... kinda.

With MJD on a bye, Moss, the SF D, Gostkowski, and Fred Jackson all sucking it up it's still too close for comfort.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How much longer should I wait for Berrian and Favre to get some goddamn chemistry? I'm tired of getting 1.8 points out of my WR3 spot every week.

14. jecantor

jecantor
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Went with Hester and Jackson. Choosing Jackson over Sproles cost me about 15 points. Awesome..

15. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4593843

Leon Washington broke his leg, and is out for the year. Shonn Greene stepped in and ran for 144 yards and 2 touchdowns. Granted, Thomas Jones is still the starter, but Greene might not be a bad look-at for deeper leagues and/or to stash on benches, if given the roster space.

16. Old Crow

Old Crow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My receivers include AJohnson, Bowe, ABryant, Hakeem Nicks, and Collie. I'm looking to sell high on either Collie or Nicks for a solid WR 3, or maybe a decent RB. Who could/should I get that would be a good "buy low" candidate? I was initially thinking Steve Smith or someone like that, but I'm not confident that Hicks WON'T outproduce him throughout the rest of the year. Advice/any buy low receivers/RB 2-3's that I should try to look at?

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's my team. PPR, start 2 QB (6 pt/td 1pt/25 yards, 1pt/10 for the rest)) 2TE 2WR 2RB 2 Flex, one DST, one kicker.

QB: Philip Rivers
    QB: Carson Palmer:
    RB: Adrian Peterson
    RB: Steve Slaton
    WR Marques Colston
    WR: Reggie Wayne
    TE: Owen Daniels
    TE: Dallas Clark
    Flex: Donald Driver
    Flex: Pierre Thomas
    DST: GB
    Kicker: John Carney

Bench:

Eli Manning
    Sidney Rice
    Rashard Mendenhall

Recently picked up Rice as an emerging player. He won't start on my team yet, but with the right match up I can put him in over Driver. I'm probably going to dump GB. I had them this week since they were playing Cleveland. Both Denver and NYG are available. Who would you take? Giants sound like the easy choice, but Denver has been great all year and has a soft division.

Gonzalez is practicing soon. Think he's worth a look? Or will it still be a few weeks before he takes on a large role again?

I'm also thinking of dumping Thomas. He's starting now, but Bell seems to get just as many carries as he does in an already pass heavy offense. Not sure if it's worth it though, here's the top five available RBs:
    Kevin Smith
    Carnell Williams
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Willis McGahee
    Julius Jones

I'm leading my fantasy group for now, but always looking to improve.

18. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was winning by 37 points going into last night, with my opponent having Desean Jackson and Philly's D left to play. I thought I had this week in the bag...needless to say I got crushed. Fuck you Washington Redskins.

I claimed Shonne Greene on waivers and will drop Willie Parker. Nicks is still available in my league, is he worth picking up over Hester or Lance Moore?

19. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I've got a trade in the works that I'm a little stumped on.

I get Roddy White, he gets Big Ben and Steve Smith CAR.

My starting QB is Schaub, and my other receivers are Steve Smith NYG, Boldin, and Manningham.

I start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 Flex, 2 WR, and have no PPR.

The guy came to me looking for a QB (he has Hasselbeck and Palmer and wants to upgrade for some reason), and I offered this thinking it was pretty fair. What do yall think?

20. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless you have a QB behind Schaub or there's a decent FA, you should at least get Hasselbeck in return as insurance. It'd leave him looking for a replacement QB for this week (Ben & Palmer both have byes, a problem I have to deal with on my own team), but nobody should complain having those two guys for the rest of the season.