Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009-10 NCAA Bowl Games

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kampf Trinker, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Mrquickfoot

Mrquickfoot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

NW vs Auburn was easily one of the most ridiculous games I've ever watched. Really awesome ending, would of been amazing if they pulled off the fake to win the game right there after pretty much having lost the game twice already.

God I had flashes of the Iowa game watching Penn State vs LSU, dominate the entire game but choke in the redzone and let them hang in there to come back and win in the end. Thankfully Clark and the offense put together a good field goal drive and the defense held together with the help of a somewhat questionable personal foul.

If Iowa and OSU win in their BCS games the big 10 might actually gain some credibility back. PSU beating LSU and WISC beating UM certainly helped so far.

2. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And Ohio State wins a BCS bowl game!

3. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If Iowa's D can handle the option the Big Ten will be 4-0 in bowl games between ranked teams and above .500 in all bowls this year. It'd be nice to have an offseason where some other BCS conference (*cough cough* PAC 10 *cough*) was the embarrassment.

4. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy shit can you believe that fucking Alamo bowl game!?!? I can. Goddamn Spartans.

If you've been watching the drama unfold around these two teams, you had to enjoy this one. 14 MSU players suspended for being dumbshit MSU players (Glenn Winston, suspended running back, just posted on his facebook, "Got arrested in East Lansing last night for being black.") and Leach gets fired a week before the game. And considered being a big mismatch, these two teams seriously duke it out. Michigan State played with moxie and balls like they're apt to do under Dantonio (most of the time), and then shit the bed in the last few minutes of the game. I never would have predicted a 41-31 score. Fucking incredible.

But take a look at the big ten - three loses, by a total of 14 points. One BCS bowl win and a win over the SEC and ACC. Iowa takes care of Georgia Tech, and I think we've got some of our cred back. I'm feeling good about this, especially after last year's 1-6 travesty.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great Fiesta Bowl, I thought that Boise State would have to play a perfect game and get some breaks to beat TCU. I had forgotten how good Boise's defense can be in any one game, so they did not need all the breaks.

I really enjoy when a coach knows that you have to pull out all the stops when it is the last game of the season. Coach Peterson of Boise seems to get that better than any other coach. That probably is a big reason why he is 2-0 in BCS games.

So Boise State should be the national champion. I hope the writers association votes that way and we get a split National Champion just like the good old days.

6. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Great game tonight with Bosie and TCU. I had a feeling that if neither team broke it open in the 2nd half, Bosie would pull off a fake something. It looked like they wanted to with that rugby kick. The punter waited a long time to kick it. Then the next 3 and out, fake pass. Great call.

'Bama Texas will have to be a mess, lots of turnovers/penalties, for Bosie to get much National Champion talk.

Was it just me, or is Fox's game direction to predictable. Game play-fans/band/cheerleaders-replay-fat color gaurd/fans-game play. Look, I likes me some hot dance team/cheerleaders(props to TCU on the dancing white belted chicks, damn) but mix it up a bit. I don't need to see the band after every play. How about a shot of a coach, or a pan or 2 of the field to the offence. Easy on the Bands, Fox. I don't see Iowa's band being the "go to shot" ever (read more corn feds).

7. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was hoping the TCU could score on that last drive and have another amazing Boise St. OT win in the Fiesta. Boise St definitely became one of my favorite teams a few years ago when I watched that thrilling end and they did nothing to make me lose my admiration yesterday. Pretty fun game to watch. Now if only we could see them play against the winner of Bama/Texas.

8. Badchild

Badchild
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

As much as I would love to see TCU or Boise play in the BCS Championship, I think they need to play a tougher out of conference schedule. (Although this doesn't entirely apply to Boise who played Oregon, but that was early in the season before Oregon hit their 7 game win streak)

9. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You mean the game right before their win streak started (i.e., before the abortion of a performance in the Rose Bowl, the only team aside from Stanford to really make the Ducks look like shit)? I believe both these teams tried to schedule tougher non-conference games, but the big boys don't really want to play them. The system is stacked against them in that regard and as of now their only chance to ever become a #1 team is for Boise St to try and join the PAC-10 and TCU to join the Big 12.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

TCU did beat Clemson at Clemson and Virginia this year so there is the ACC matchup. TCU also beat Brigham Young and Utah this year both of whom are ranked teams with Bowl victories. They also beat Air Force who got a Bowl victory and beat Notre Dame at ND this year.

I personally think the Mountain West Conference this year was as strong as any conference and have the Bowl victories and out of Conference victories to back it up (Brigham Young owning Oklahoma comes to mind). I wish the WAC were as strong this year but with the exception of Boise State they were a bit down this year.

I really think now it is up to the Associated Press to do the right thing and have Boise State the national champion. There have been split champions in years past. If this happens enough times then maybe the BCS will expand to give all the conferences a chance. At that time the so called Big conference teams will have to start to schedule the Boise States, TCU, Utahs, BYU, Fresno States, Hawaii, to keep those teams from going undefeated and taking the National Championships.

11. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Great game last night between TCU and Boise State. I felt it started a little sloppy, but then it just turned into a straight defensive clinic on both sides of the ball; ironically very fun to watch. I was also kinda bitter about the matchup, which was originally debated about the "kinda--sorta" National Championship, but when they put the number 1 offense against the number 1 defense against each other it really sucked me in. Plenty of awesome ballers on that field last night.

But let's get real. The Big 10 has been doing WAAAYY better than the ACC, who I might add have lost 8 of their last 9 BCS bowls. This is the first BCS bowl game my Jackets have been to in probably forever and I'm getting stoked, and nervous. I don't know much about Iowa except they produce huge corn-fed men that have been playing football since the age of 2 (the source of my nervousness). I can only hope for Paul Johnson to bring his 50lb testicles to the party.

Let's go Jackets!

12. Idaho_Vandal

Idaho_Vandal
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Agreed but TCU has always scheduled pretty good. They played Clemson and Virginia this year, not to mention conference rivals Utah and BYU.

I believe Boise has both Oregon State and Virginia Tech scheduled next year. It pains me to say it but I think if they go undefeated next year they deserve a shot at the national title.

13. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What a dominant defensive performance. Held a 35 point, 442 yard per game O to 7 points (and a pick6) on 156 yards.

The O did enough to win, and did a great job closing the deal (after that terrible fake FG call).

Adrian Clayborn is a monster. So glad he's coming back.

14. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Completely agree. That game was great to watch if you love good defense. I'm excited for Iowa football next year. The team could potentially be even better with Hampton returning at running back and McNutt having a full year of playing experience at WR. If Stanzi can become a more consistent player, then Iowa could be playing a few days later next year.
    Hopefully Bulaga and Spievey come back as well, they're good players, but they need another year of seasoning before heading to the pros.

15. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nice win by Iowa. GT's OL couldn't get shit for penetration, Nesbitt looked as though he was coming off crack withdraw, and GT has the worst FG kicker in the world. Just a difficult game to watch for. I yelled a lot.

16. Idaho_Vandal

Idaho_Vandal
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Did anyone watch the GMAC bowl tonight with Central Michigan and Troy? I know it was between smaller schools but it made for a very entertaining game. It took 2 overtimes and a blocked field goal but Central Michigan was finally able to put it away.

17. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And to add insult to injury, this was the second year in a row that Troy lost their bowl game due to a blocked field goal.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Needless to say, I'm nervous. Hour and a half to go until game time, hope Bama doesn't have a massive fall off or that they've all been binging on pizza, beer, cocaine or ketamine during the past 4 weeks.

19. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pre game announcers are fucking retarded. "Colt McCoy's ability to run will test the Alabama defense in a way they haven't seen."

Hello, they just played against Tim "I run the ball all the fucking time" Tebow.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a crazy first couple of drives. I might hate Colt McCoy, but I don't want see the game decided by him getting hurt. Hopefully he'll get back on the field.