Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/22/19 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here, and to be honest I find the old horny rich dude who gets caught soliciting a hooker in the limelight way less creepy than the old horny rich dude who brings his 20 year old blonde bombshell girlfriend with him everywhere.

That said, he should just admit to it, plead guilty, and move on.

2. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jim Irsay, who owns the Colts, got suspended for 6 games and fined $500k for a DUI. I'd imagine that the penalty is going to be fairly severe.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was not allowed to vote at the owner's meetings when they decided how much blow to order for the Christmas party.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Luckily he probably knows a ho who can hook him up.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Turning over creative control of a product to the Internet is never a good idea. When Mountain Dew wanted the public to name a new soda, the top names were “Hitler Did Nothing Wrong” and “Gushing Granny.”

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Boaty McBoatface

The Russian government also once allowed the public to name a bridge. They named it Chuck Norris. Because nobody crosses chuck norris.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

They bad them from games, practice and attending all team-related activities for that period of time. Such was the case with Irsay.

Except Kraft owns the stadium and all the surrounding property (yes I know this for sure), so the NFL can't really ban him from his own property. They can take away picks and stuff, or fine him, or take away votes at owners meetings. The NFL basically acts like judge and jury, with no sentencing guidelines.

My guess would be they fine him north of $1M. One expensive wank sesh.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Along these lines:

Not sure many people realize this, but hot water tanks have things called "sacrificial anodes". These are meant to "attract" the erosion because they are easier to corrode than the rest of the tank, so they get targeted/used first by the erosion process... this means that they will erode before any of the metal in the tank itself. (They are made to be They're also on ships/boats that sit in the water... they're the big metal lumps on the hull. But once they're "done", then the rest of the tank becomes susceptible.

They are meant to be used up and then replaced before being totally consumed (which is why they're called "sacrificial"), but most people don't realize that they get used up and can be replaced rather cheaply. They're usually under $50 for a new rod, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than a whole new tank at $1k or more.

If you own your own home, it's worth adding it to your 5-year maintenance list.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was scared to accept a sub position for a high school class but goddamn that was about 500% easier than the 2nd graders. When you are in charge of second graders you become mom, arbitrator in arguments, teacher, nurse, bailiff. They also wander and hit each other. The high schoolers would prefer that I didn't talk to them at all and that sounds perrrrrfect to me.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll go you one better. If you own your own home and have an electric water heater, replace it with a Rheem Marathon water heater.
    https://www.rheem.com/innovations/innovation_residential/marathon/

I have well water. So, two things: if you have well water and your hot water ever smells like rotten eggs, then you need to change your anode rod anyway to one that is zinc/aluminum instead of aluminum or magnesium. Also, the high-mineral well water will make the rods wear out faster. But, unless you have gas, throw all that out and get the Marathon. They cost about $500 more than a traditional water heater, but most power companies and EMCs in the US offer $500 rebates if you put one in. They are the bomb. The water heats up faster, it stays hot longer, and there are no anode rods. It's all plastic, so there's nothing to rust and therefore no reason to have a sacrificial rod. I have one in my house that I put in after I replaced the old ones that wore out so fast. And, I put one in another house that I remodeled. I will never, ever put in a traditional water heater (electric) again.

They have a lifetime warranty. Instead of replacing rods every so often and replacing the water heater itself every so longer often, just do it once. Mine's been in for about 10 years now, I think.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I first started driving school bus I thought having the little ones would be fun. Now though, I think the high schoolers are better. They get on with their phones, ear buds, and don't say shit. I've had entire runs in near silence unless I asked them if a kid was on for the next stop.

14. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I am with you Nett, I got maybe 15 years out of my unit with just that sort of maintenance. Great advice.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Very cool... never even heard of them before. I guess they've figured out the "water tastes like plastic" issues from the past... joys of modern chemistry, I guess.

Personally, the next water heater I'm putting in will be a tankless gas... my house is perfectly set up for it. All the hot water consuming taps/appliances are within 15 linear feet of the tank right now... maybe 25' with bends and pipe routing. Figure it will be perfect for it.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So many people have zero idea that's even a thing.

A lot of my mom's friends are becoming widows, and are (for the first time ever) taking on responsibilities that they've never done in their life, and a big one is home maintenance. To most of them, it's a foreign concept... they just sit around watching TV and then get surprised when something stops working.

Simple maintenance stuff like furnace filters, fridge cleaning (dust off the condenser coils), check the outside of the house for caulking issues or rodent damage, winterizing hoses and external faucets, hot water tank sacrificial anodes, etc. Just stuff that they never knew about until it got expensive.

Just a friendly word of advice... if you're married, don't treat shit as "yours and mine" responsibilities... take turns and do them together, so that you know how shit works. That way, if an accident happens, or you're suddenly on your own, you at least know about the shit that has to be done, even if you can't/won't do it yourself.

The number of widows I know now that are absolutely clueless about finances or home maintenance because their husbands did it for 40 years is way too high.

I'm happy to say that my mom is not one of them, and one of her latest mini-goals in life is to educate her widowed friends on that shit. It's almost painful to watch.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was the tipping point for me - with well water, that 15 is 10, even swapping rods. I was like, why the hell am I going to intentionally spend this money on something that I know will shit the bed in 10 years? Lifetime warranty? Don't mind if I do. It should be noted that the warranty is on the tank - of course, it's easy to put lifetime on plastic. The elements do not have a lifetime warranty. 6 years, I think. I checked mine about a year ago, and they were in good shape. Easier to change, imo, than regular electric, and they're about $30 each.

Absolutely no concern whatsoever.

It's funny, I have a Keurig coffee maker at home, and I bought one of the cheap $60 ones at Walmart for my office. It tasted like burnt plastic. I read up a little online, and they apparently had a round of bad manufacturing for the special Walmart version one. So, I called Keurig. They sent me a brand new one, same model, different name not branded for Walmart, and it tastes fine.

18. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am sure they are made of zinc. you have zinc's all over boats for the same reason.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, usually they're something like cast aluminum with 5-10% zinc added.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Just finished the wedding ceremony script. It's in 2 weeks and I haven't practiced it at all, which has me terrified.

For some reason, I'm more nervous writing this script than I was when I wrote my wife's and my wedding ceremony.... maybe because I didn't know what to expect. Or maybe because I wasn't the one who was going to be reading it to hundreds of people.

Or maybe because in two weeks I have to stand on top of a hill with a fucking microphone ear piece thing in like one of those damn boy band singers, wearing a bowtie and cowboy boots and somehow expect to be taken seriously in that getup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.