Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/19/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'm having a hard time sleeping. I've tried all of the normal sleepy times type of things and nothing has worked. I'm almost to the point that I'm willing to try anything.

Not just in relation to my problem, what weird home remedies have you tried and/or use for various things?

I'm thinking since it's Friday I'll just get drunk so sleep will be my friend for the night.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I have awful sleep cycles - that I cant fix, but I try to mitigate. Heres what has helped -

-Cut back on caffeine in-take. Dont drink coffee or anything caffeinated after 12 PM. You might think you have a tolerance that would dissipate through the afternoon, but you would be surprised when you cut it off.
    -No tablet or phone surfing in the bedroom. Trick your mind into thinking that the bedroom is only for sleep and hanky panky. I have my alarm on my phone, but Im diligent to not use it for social media, web browsing, etc. while Im on the bed. Another thought on it is just to try and cut off electronic use 30 minutes before you go to sleep. Calm the brain down.
    -Change your sheets and linen more frequently and rotate the mattress
    -Try and fix your circadian rhythm. Depending on what your daily schedule is like, try and wake with the sunrise.
    -All of this would work with consistently, which means you cant really stay up til 3 on the weekend and expect to go to bed at 10 M-F. Doesnt mean that people cant do it, but it doesnt help if you have trouble sleeping.

If all else fails, go have a sleep study done.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

image.jpeg
    This works for me.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to see my Rep alerts. If someone sends me one longer than a short sentence, all I see is something like this : "gave you a reputation point for your post in the thread Rant & Rave Thread. With the following comment: Mine happened playing touch football with my step son. My arm..."

I've had a few others that did the same "..." How do I see the rest of the comment?

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a tab on your profile page, which you can get to by clicking on your avatar, then the link that says "profile page" in the box that pops up.

I originally had this typed out as a rep comment, then realized that wouldn't be very helpful.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Top right where is says your user name click on that, then click on "your profile page", then in the middle of the page click on the rep tab.

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our HR person just commented that my beard is getting long. Is this a compliment or just another passive aggressive "suggestion"?

It would be nice if I could just take whatever she says at face value but I'm smarter than that now. She's just jealous, I know it.

8. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Assume that it was a compliment.

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your fiancé got taller?

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a perfect world Harper Lee saw this image and became so confused.

[​IMG]

12. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are looking at one of your posts, click on the number beside Reputation and it shows the full text of all your reps.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: the sleep stuff. Every time I hear people talk about "difficulty sleeping" I realize how lucky I am, I guess. When I go to bed, it takes me less than 5 minutes to fall asleep and I don't move until my alarm goes off about 99% of the time. The exceptions are if for some reason I can't fall asleep, I will just get up and read for 30 minutes, and then I'm right out.

You could test the jealousy angle by asking to "see her beard."

I had a meeting this week with a client with whom I had spoken on the phone and exchanged emails, but had not seen in person since October. I haven't shaved or even trimmed it since November 1. When I walked into her office, she said "wow" about three times and then asked if she could touch it.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That only works if that particular post got rep.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I am romantic as fuck, I just bought the girl an eye gouger key ring, shaped like A KITTY!

Also, the pepper spray came in a breast cancer awareness container. Goddamn, get some of that feminism. Just slide ride up in that shit.

[​IMG]

Now, I am going to go buy some power tools and eat a pizza. This is what it feels like to be a man. Come suck on this cock, there's enough room for all of you.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I see what you did there.

On a whim I recently shaved my beard off for the first time since my wedding. Wife is pissed because she feels like she's having sex with a stranger even though I consulted her beforehand. Guess now I know she'll never cheat.

17. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing HR lady is around 5'2 so that's a foregone conclusion.

I'm not going full Grizzly Adams like that... yet. Ms. Katokoch is only now starting to appreciate me having more than just one or two weeks' worth of growth on my face at a time like I did for most of last year. Since November though I've only been maintaining it with some weekly trimming for the most part. It's just a matter of time until she just throws my razors away, I know it. I think the entire world has agreed that I look better with facial hair and I'm fine with it.

You wanna borrow some guns for 'murica's sake?

I've seen those pokey thingies at gun ranges and have wondered if people actually buy them.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    That looks like a real good way to fuck up your fingers.

19. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ohhh. I guess I thought that worked because usually when I get the truncated rep, I just click on the post and then click on the rep number from there. </nevermind>

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I walk to my car with my key in my fist, protruding outward through my fingers so that I can slash somebody if they sneak up on me. I guess the kitty is halfway between brass knuckles and key knife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.