Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

11/13/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I do know a liter of melon balls can't replace a liter of blood.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I give about every six months because that's how often my company has an on-site blood drive and it's a good excuse not to work. Unless you're the type that's negatively affected by it (and you'll know it pretty quick) it's no big deal at all. I've gone drinking afterwards, I've biked home afterwards, etc. You basically just get tired a little more easily for a few days.

3. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You can get drunk quick after giving blood. It's great.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. Don't skip the juice and cookies. I used to help with the blood drive in high school*, and give regularly (same: O neg, universal donor, so Red Cross calls me all the time) and I've seen small women and huge football players pass out. Empty stomach + down a pint + stand up quick can equal falling over in a hurry.

For those of you that don't give regularly, but can, I'll add this plug. Please do. I have a good friend who is currently battling Leukemia. When he first when in the hospital, they gave him a lot of blood. He is currently in remission, but still goes for consolidation or maintenance chemo about once every 5 weeks, and will do so through the end of the year. During the cycle, his counts go down and he goes to get blood or platelets. So, give, because you are actually helping people out.

*My station was the "welcome to the blood drive" station, where you fill out the first batch of paperwork. Back then, we would ask a series of questions to the potential donor, and mark it on the form. "Have you traveled outside the United States; are you an intravenous drug user; have you had sexual contact with anyone with AIDS; etc." But, then, since we were asking instead of them filling out the form, we'd slip in ones to the girls in our class; "How many sexual partners have you had in the last 3 months? Have you had sexual contact with anyone in this school?" And, keep going until they caught on those weren't real questions. Some of them immediately were like, "shut up, Rush." but, one girl was just like "yes, no, no, yes" no matter what I asked. "Have you had sexual intercourse in the last 24 hours? Have you participated in oral sex in the last 30 minutes? Are you able to demonstrate proper technique?" We were hilarious.

5. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

As a follow up, I didn't pass out. I filled a unit in under 6 minutes like a champ and then ate some oreos and got the fuck out. I even got the nurse to apply the spiderman bandaid that I brought. BYOB - Bring Your Own Bandaid.

Thanks for the tips, all. And yeah. Give blood. It's a good thing to do.

6. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

They recently found that injecting mice with the blood of younger mice can reverse the aging process. You're doing this totally backwards.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey she is only 40. She has a couple of good years left.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

They should have given him 12 years. Called it a footlong sentence. I'm completely in favor of giving child molesters the longest sentence possible, but the opportunity of that would have been too delicious to turn down.

Besides, who really thinks he's going to make it past the first few years anyway? Even in protective custody. Child predators always have it the worst, especially famous ones.

Something tells me he's gonna be getting his sandwich toasted pretty quick.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Na, he is going to be getting a 6" every day for the rest of his life.

11. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

So I found out my daughter has two tattoos that she never told me about. I might have to take her for bloodwork and she is all in a panic because she "hates needles". I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate some kind of comment like, "Hey, at least it's not like getting a tattoo where a needle pierces your skin over and over and over" just to see her reaction. Might be able to get some mileage out of this.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/...-display-to-happen-in-the-afternoon-1.3324876

There was more on the radio then in that article. But basically she wants to move the fireworks to the around 4-6pm when it is bright as day. Because, parents forcing there kids to stay awake so they can watch them, it wakes people up, the sound is disruptive, if you have seen one firework show you have seen them all.

What the fuck is wrong with people. I probably live with in 500-700meters of where they normally do the local show, it has never once woken my daughter up. And just because you don't like something don't try and ruin it for everyone that really enjoys it.

13. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

In response to rep, a Paramore quote and a Dr. Who tattoo.

Stop laughing.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just "God does it feel so good" in a circle around her asshole?

15. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Would that be Dr. Who or Paramore?

Waistline and rib cage.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

How'd you find out, 'funball?

My parents found out about my belly button piercing when my dad was in the hospital recovering from a pretty big surgery. I stretched, and my mom saw my piercing. She freaked the fuck out and upset my dad. Nothing is as guilt-inducing as hearing, "You...shouldn't....do....that....jkldfsajklsdfajklfdsljk" in between gasps of pain from your disappointed father. Oops.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just wait until you show up pregnant and stretch and he realizes your marriage isn't just a sham beard situation.

18. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

A friend follows her on Instagram. She posted pictures. They told me and I thought they were joking. They weren't.

She's 20 and can do what she wants--to a degree. I'm more upset that as a poor broke college student that is what she chose to spend her money on.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mom found out about my tattoo by sheer luck. My brother and I got ours together while on winter break in college and kept it all a secret until one day she came home from work and asked if I'd gotten any tattoos recently. Turns out she was just joking after one of her co-workers kids just got a tattoo but I didn't know... and spilled the whole story.

Also...
    [​IMG]

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

fixed this for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.