Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

10/6/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You may not get a ticket, but if you do and don't pay it, it's another $75. And, if you don't pay that, they'll revoke your vehicle registration, FYI. I'm just posting all this here in case anybody else is planning to travel to or through Atlanta.

2. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The registration part would only apply to Georgia vehicles. It's also a civil penalty, not criminal, against the owner of the vehicle.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work 4 miles from home and a "long" commute day is 12 minutes. It has completely ruined me for any kind of traffic. Anytime I head somewhere and have to sit in traffic I turn into "that guy" having a melt down about hitting another red light.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

If I am lucky with the light and leave early, 6 minute commute, and if I am in the thick of school traffic and stop for a red light, 11, tops.

I am spoiled, yes I am, rushing to work, to sit on my can. Except for the standing desk thing.

I'm waiting for self driving cars. Traffic makes me rage silently and I get home like a festering boil. It makes my chest right and my blood pressure spike. You guys in heavy traffic areas must be practice meditation or something. Or drink heavily.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I live outside of the city, and depending on where I’m going for work that day my drive is anywhere from 45 min to an hour and a half, one way, if there’s no traffic. On the way way home with bad traffic I’ve had it be up to 2.5 hours.

For me, it’s worth it to live in the country. Also I enjoy the morning drive. Drink some coffee, listen to the radio, just a good way to get going in the morning.

6. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Normally when I'm in the office I've only got about a 20 minute drive through the country to work but weeks like this one I put about 3000 miles on my truck, Indiana-Iowa, back to Indiana, down to Moultrie GA and back. I'm used to traffic and the road rage it causes but 75 through Atlanta was rough and there really isn't a good way around. At least with Chicago I can run 80 across the southern edge of the city and up 39 to Wisconsin (unless I need to be in Milwaukee or Green Bay) or 80 west to where ever and still avoid the worst of the traffic. Luckily I wasn't pulling a trailer, that would have sucked.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My commute is between 45 minutes and an hour each way. I don't mind the drive. I listen to a lot of podcasts throughout the week that make it a lot easier. I do not like the time commitment. I drop my son off at 7am and on a good day I can get him at 5, but most of the time it is closer to 6. Then I only get to spend 1-2 hours with him before its bed time. I feel like a terrible parent. As the days get shorter, I will literally be dropping him off in the dark, and picking him up in the dark.

I wish I could find a work from home gig. I only took this job so that I could stop living on the road as a traveling consultant. I guess seeing playing with him for 1-2 hours a day is better than 0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.