Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

10/30/15 The Halloween WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Lights went up on the house this week. In that process the neighbor across the street mentioned that now he had to do something before his wife pointed out the lights. So, yesterday he put out two big scarecrows, numerous pumpkins, hay bails, lights, cobwebs and...and... damn him.

The weather is going to completely suck so I don't imagine we'll be seeing many kids anyway.

So, who's getting drunk and sloppy this weekend?

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The remnants of the hurricane did a real number on our display, I now have a very busy 24 hours outside. Our house is on the Haunted Attractions list again this year so we'll no doubt get a ton of people again, despite the fact it's rained here on Halloween the last five years in a row.

4. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The owner of the bar I work at asked me what I was dressing up as this year, an asshole bartender I responded, she smirked on went on her way. I guess the shoe fits.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm currently in mourning. This is very sad. I just posted about it in the R&R thread so I won't re-hash. I just hope Simmons picks up what he can and runs with it. I can do without Andy Greenwald though.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The funny thing to me, is that the E in ESPN stands for Entertainment. Yet, management seemed to be totally baffled by having that part of Grantland that was both independently discussing entertainment and those parts woven into the sports stories. They botched the layout so bad last year in some kind of stupidity stunt or change for the sake of change, and the ability to quickly surf and latch onto content evaporated. Rembert Explains America was still one of my favorite things about Grantland.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Waiting for the fallout of this. The writers I like will obviously keep writing, so I'm not worried there, but I really like the NFL podcast. Who knows if ESPN keeps it and/or Barnwell and Mays.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Normally I could give two fucks about baseball, but I have been caught up in the World Series fever. KC is positively buzzing. In other news I fully expect to get sloppy drunk on blue shots tonight as I ask like I am watching the game. So, that's my weekend.

9. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I get to move this weekend. In the cold rain. Fun times!

At least it's just about 400 yard away, so it's not really that bad.

Still, moving really blows.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Dude gets swept away in a a flash flood.

Watch the video before you read the spoiler... really.

What the fuck is wrong with people that their first reaction is to upload video and call a news station WHILE HE'S STILL TRAPPED UP THE FUCKING TREE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOD?

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

A short distance from where I live a fucking SCHOOL BUS had to be rescued. Fortunately everyone on the bus is fine, but I imagine the guy driving is looking for a job at this point.

Of course, it happened to be a bus filled with special needs students. My head is flooded with jokes right now so I can't quite figure out the right one for it.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I'm a party animal! I just slept for 2 hours. I think we're out of alcohol, so now it's just psyching up enough to get out in the shitty weather for dranks.

Attached Files:

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The man didn't have a shift knob on his car. Something is going on here.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    More curious....how does he know the fucking phone # for the TV station?

"Hmmm...I'm up in a goddamn tree after driving through shit I shouldn't of in the first place. I should probably google the local news station and give them a call."

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd bet that the guy had already called emergency services, and after doing so, probably thought "while I'm stuck here, I might as well take a video and call the news."

I'd probably do the same thing, except instead of calling the local news, I call some friends.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Last year, some of you may recall I bought myself a birthday present....a Schecter guitar. Well, it's that time of year again and I bought myself another birthday present.

It's been 2 1/2 years since I sold my house in Mississippi, and this is this first time in over 20 years I haven't owned land. Maybe I'm weird, but owning a place that I can call my own gives me a sense of security, I can sit my ass on the ground and know that all that dirt belongs to me. It's a nice feeling.

I'm sure you can see where this is going...and no, I didn't buy 20 acres of Nevada wasteland.

I narrowed it down to two choices, both in the Missouri Ozarks. Yep, among the hill folk. My people.

Option one was on a paved county road. 7.5 acres, power about 600ft from the property and wooded.

Option two was about 300ft down a gravel county maintained road (Off a paved road), 3+ acres, cleared and pretty much level, power to the lot.

I went with option two because I don't own all the equipment I used to, and I can't justify buying that equipment again to clear 7.5 acres. I'll need to hire someone with a Cat for a couple of days to level a home site and driveway, plus a few truckloads of clay gravel.

There's 16K people in the county and I'm about 10 miles from the nearest town. No building codes, no permits, no inspections, right next door to a national forest. I like that. It gives me something to look forward to as I drag my ass to work every day in this shit hole for the next 5-6 years.

Happy Birthday to me.

oz.JPG

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a guy behind the set of College Gameday holding a sign that read "I farted on Bob Costas's pillow."

20. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Good man, that guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.