Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

10/24/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My ex-husband was super into sports and other than the funny Sports Center commercials, I was super NOT into it. I spent that time reading books. Current husband watches the occasional football during playoffs and Superbowl, and MMA stuff. I now have a laptop to amuse me.

2. Vorticon

Vorticon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He's right in the sense that the game doesn't stop in the stadium so people at home can watch ads.

While we're on sports worth watching, the USA take on the All Blacks at Soldier Field this weekend. I mean, it will be an experimental NZ side playing scrappy rugby against a spirited team before over running them by 60 points but it is still cool this game is happening.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll take the flops over an hour of commercials and 70 close up shots of the coach's face any day.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

#84 Nettdata, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Apparently the punch I caught during the fight wasn't from the fighters. It was from my brother, who took the opportunity of all that violence to sock me in the face for "coming out" that our father sexually abused me as a child.

I think he's just jealous he didn't get the dick.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wut.

8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that's supposed to qualify as gallows humor. Sometimes it works. Other times, not so much. I think this is one of the other times.

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pitchers are supposed to have 12 seconds between pitches, as it stands now.

NPR did a thing on baseball and keeping the traditions but keeping up with modern audiences awhile back, it was a roundtable thing with a group of old timers who played wayyyy back in the day, as well as one of the Supreme Court Justices talking about the game. The old timers were talking about strategies in the game and how they've changed. One guy remarked that he never in all his career saw so many 95 mph meatballs just go by like they do now. Back then the idea of wearing a pitcher out and getting to middle relief and closers and all that was farfetched and crazy. Your job was to get in the box and put the ball into play. Now...it's a productive at bat even if you don't get on base.

10. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

My boss has so many fans going I feel like I'm in a Whitesnake video.

Also, apparently the chaperones at the party I'm going to this weekend are supposed to be Disney princesses. Why does the world hate me?

I'm supposed to be a chaperone in case that wasn't clear. I have no idea what to do.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never got to see Nomar much, but there's no way he wasted more time than Sean Casey. Dude had a 45 second routine after every fucking pitch.

12. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Avoid glitter makeup. That shit is a bitch to get out of chest hair.

13. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Sounds like one hell of a Mardi Gras party.

14. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Halloween/birthday party. Mrs. Noland fell under the bad influences of a neighbor and ended up in a corset and glitter makeup. When I woke up Sunday morning my beard and chest were covered in glitter.

15. Nersesian

Nersesian
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

So I was tuned in to the tail end of the Arizona Philly game after watching the Somm documentary on Netflix and saw the promos for the World Series coming up and thought to myself, self...you need to watch at least some of the series. Its what you do even if you don't love baseball. Finished watching the Eagles sputter and die (heh), got up to get another beer and I come back to see this fucking dome in 50 inches of high definition glory.

[​IMG]

I wonder if Bar Rescue is on? I know the New Orleans game is coming on at 8:30, so all I have to hold out until then.

I'm so glad the Cowboy game is on ESPN tonight and Joe Buck has no chance or ruining the beating they're going to issue to the Skins. In other news, that Somm documentary is worth watching if you've ever studied for something over a long period of time. I really respect that kind of dedication even if its for something I consider to be a little silly.

Edited to add - I was made aware this weekend that I would in fact be in attendance for Thanksgiving in Florida this year. Of course its a bit late to get a halfway decently priced flight out of DC, so I'm going to be stuck driving. Not a huge deal, but my wife's family has a way of driving her up the wall and I have 12 hours back to hear about it. We will be staying in a hotel this year, so at least I can "medicate" before and after.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They should be playing "Winged Migration" on his fucking head. He looks like an space alien from the 1950's.

17. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched this on Thursday night. Interesting but those guys are some kooky motherfuckers. The end product and the value that you are able to provide to a customer or restaurant, I totally get, but when they sit there and spit out all the characteristics rapid fire, its kind of crazy. Also, the blond dude is an absolute asshole.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was born deep in Cards territory and a lot of my family are your typical hardcore Cardinal fans. They were in-fucking-sufferable this year, as in they couldn't stop reminding everyone how they're the GREATEST FANS EVER and BLAH BLAH BLAH. Douchebags.

19. Nersesian

Nersesian
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

No doubt that dude is a douche, but he's getting paid. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, so I'm going to TinyURL this link:

http://tinyurl.com/pvrd4ac

You can just see that fucking self satisfied grin on his asshole face. My wife looked and found most Master Sommeliers are bringing home an average of $95k which made me feel better, but I guess it wouldn't have been such a good flick if it didn't have a villain. You just know Ian Cauble is banking much harder with that sense of self entitlement.

20. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I don't have chest hair, so I should be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.