Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

10/24/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The most exciting moment so far is when that Giant Pence threw the bat at and was really apologetic about it. That's all I got.

I made fish tacos. In hind sight, that it probably more San Franciscoish than Kansas Cityish. If they lose I blame myself.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Support his dick with your mouth. THAT'S supportive.

3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think I could take the rejection.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm surprised at how little attention the world series gets these days. Virtually no one I know is even talking about it. Game 1 drew 12 million viewers, making for a record low. Growing up it seemed like everyone would get together to watch. Not quite as big of an event as the super bowl because there's more games, but similar. The sport is dying a slow death.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Baseball is a pastoral game, and unfortunately things have changed quite a bit. Also, the game just isn't made for TV. People would much rather watch a game between the Jaguars and Browns that the World Series anymore it seems.

I love going to baseball games, I love going to the parks and getting a strong buzz with friends. Its a good way to spend an afternoon. But I don't think I can really watch it on TV.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to a couple twins games when they built the new park in Minneapolis and it was a blast. If I try to watch it on tv I feel guilty for wasting my time. Besides, when I follow a team I like to watch as many games as possible and there is just way too many in baseball for me to care on a game to game basis. People have better entertainment these days than sitting at a bar every afternoon watching the same sport.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also no one cares about Kansas City. Which is kind of a shame because they have a pretty fun ball team, but they're among the least popular teams out there.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kansas City cares about Kansas City. A LOT. You should see my facebook feed. I not only have to watch baseball I have to social media baseball .

So that makes me feel even worse that I am secretly hoping they lose tonight and Tuesday so the season will finally be over. Or I could fork out the $600 so my husband could go watch a game in person and leave me to ... not watch baseball. It may be worth it.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love the idea of baseball, there is some mystique to it, but I can't watch tons of games on TV. I'm a big Cubs fan, can always tell you how they are trending, who is hot, etc... But I probably watch less than 20 full Cubs games on TV a year.

That being said, I like watching playoff baseball. There is emotion and urgency to it, that alot of other games lack...because there are 160 more if you lose that one. I also like the magnitude of amazing individual performances, regardless of the sport and playoff baseball has alot, especially with pitchers. For example, Madison Baumgartner is throwing an absolute GEM. He's unreal. Bryce Harper was much watch TV earlier in the playoffs as well.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watch every Rangers game I can, if I'm not working. And all of the post season games.

But baseball takes patience. Especially since the rate of play has slowed to nothing, and pitchers are throwing such ridiculously sick stuff that if you don't have a real appreciation for the skill that takes - you'll be bored to tears.

I'm pulling for the Royals - just because I'd like to see an AL win.
    I like the Giants and their park though.

I fucking haaaaate - rage hate - the Cardinals fans though. Fuck them.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw the Cardinals clinch the pennant last year in St. Louis. Pretty good time, not sure why you'd hate Cardinals fans.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, every bad thing you think about the Cardinals fans, think the opposite about KC. They have some great fans and the Royals are good to their fans as .well. Really class acts so far, these players

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

because they're fucking dickbag assholes.

Mya - some teams have good fans. I've never met a KC fan I didn't like. I've met several Cards fans I'd like to shove in front of a bus.

That was a helluva game. Damn. I hope KC comes home and fights back. It'd be good to see the series go 7.

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the rules they are trying in the Arizona Fall League. Batter can't leave box and pitches have I think, 20 seconds to throw. In the games they tested this in the average time of game was like 2 hrs 20 min.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That'll help. Never understood why guys step out of the box and adjust their batting gloves after every pitch.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking Nomar was the worst I have ever seen at this. He probably slowed the game 15 minutes by himself.

17. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cause they self-styled themselves the "Best Fans in Baseball" and go out of the way to articulate how much classier they are compared to other fanbases. There is an obnoxious piety that is insufferable. Just a huge collection of sneering assholes.

Its unfortunate, because I will admit that Cardinals fans are, by and large, pretty knowledgeable. I knew more girls in college/Chicago from the STL area that could intelligently talk baseball, players, etc... than all other fan bases combined

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There are lots and lots of these:

Royals jacket, Royals hat, Cardinals tattoo behind the ear:

Attached Files:

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But think of all the commercials they would miss out on! This is the one thing I really love about soccer. No bullshit. No breaks except one half and 90 minutes of uninterrupted play.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.