Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

'10-'11 NCAA Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Diablo, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season is off and kicking. My #2 Michigan State is already 1-0 even if it was a win against Eastern Mich. God I hope Duke gets destroyed very soon...and why the fck do we play them next month? Who's bright idea was that to bring back the championship game so early in the season??

2. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Uh, are you talking about Duke and Butler....?

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I was half retard when I typed that one up. Obviously not what I meant, Quote fixed.

4. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You're still kinda retarded Diablo in the fact that you just demonstrated a misunderstanding of this little thing called the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

That and the fact that we here at MSU, and Tom Izzo in particular, never, and I mean EVER back down from anyone at any point in the season. Number 1 Duke for our fifth game? Bring it on. We might even play Kentucky in the Maui Invitational if things go well.

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very interested to see how UConn does this year. Six freshman on the roster right now and a seventh will be joining in the second semester. Kemba Walker is probably playing his last season and is going to have a big year.

They are no longer going to be a shot blocking and really tall team. They will however be finally be able to hit threes (they were fourth from last in the whole NCAA last season) and hit free throws.

6. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I hadn't looked at the Blue Devils' schedule, and now I couldn't be more excited. Typically I don't start watching until January anyway due to Duke's cupcake non-conference schedule, but their four game stretch against Gonzaga/KState, Oregon, Michigan St., and Butler has me pumped two months early.

7. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Tremble in fear, motherfucker, John Beilein and his squad of 5'11 smurfs gonna roll all up your ass this year. Take a step back in fear in the face of some of the most sick nasty ballers to ever step on yo court.

[​IMG]

These cats are ruthless.

[​IMG]

Oh, you scared now.

[​IMG]

We stopped recruiting Detroit schools in basketball cause we were afraid their players weren't hard enough to go against these raw gents.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Georgetown, like usual, can't rebound for shit and underperform as shooters en route to heart attack wins against mediocre teams.

Cue victories over Top 10 teams in January to tease us, followed by conference losses to St. John's, USF, etc. to put us back in our nerdy place.

9. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Aren't you supposed to be telling me how much greater academically your school is to mine? Or how you still have more national championships than us in football? Or how we're still 18 some games behind you in the basketball series? Aren't you supposed to be like every other Michigan fan and argue anything BUT the fact that you're getting dominated in this rivalry with no signs of it even kind of slowing down?

Ato, you do your Michigan brethren an injustice. Carry the torch of arrogance. Be the insufferable jackass your school makes you out to be.

Just kidding. GO GREEN.

10. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kemba Walker scored 29 second half points after playing just 5 minutes in the first half because of fouls against WSU. Finished with 31 points after scoring 42 in his last game.

So if Michigan St. wins tonight (They will beat Chaminade) then UConn and Mich St. play tomorrow at 7. Very interested to see how UConn freshman play in this one.

11. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT ASSHOLE.

We go through these early season upset losses year after year, yet somehow I feel like it's a dearth of winning ability for this program every single time. I'm already writing off any chance of a Final Four, Big Ten Tournament Championship, Big Ten Championship, NCAA Tournament berth, NIT berth, or anything above five wins. FUCK.

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still have a huge smile on my face. It is amazing how well Kemba Walker is playing so far with another 30 points against MSU. Was having a heart attack as UConn missed a ton of Ft at the end but am so happy they won.

Edit: But Giffey did touch the ball as it was going out of bounds with 3 seconds left, I don't know what he was thinking.

13. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'd love to bitch about this and how it cost us the game, but deep, deep down I know it was far more than this boneheaded call by the refs. Like the fact that we got out-rebounded. Or made Kemba Walker revert to 2009 form. Or that Kalin Lucas displayed a flash of epilepsy and abruptly flung the ball out of bounds.

In fact, I think Chaminade beat us off the boards, too. Yeah, great start, Spartans. I knew I didn't want to wait to crack open this handle of gin.

14. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sunnova B. We weren't supposed to lose at all. Oh well, it's the Maui Tourney, doesn't really mean much anyway...EXCEPT THAT WE LOST!!! F-in A!!

Meh, Walker had an awesome game and they stayed with us the whole time. Good win UConn.

15. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fucking Duke. Kyrie Irving...he is amazing. A super freshman plugged into a team that still has the inside track to another title?
    Damn.

16. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeahhh Go blue!

Michigan looked dominant the whole game against Clemson. Darius Morris might be hitting his stride at last...

17. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, extremely close game tonight. If it hadn't been for our stupid turnovers and bs fouls, we might have taken them. It was a good learning experience for us, and as a result, we'll be much better this season. That Irvine was freaking phenomenal, especially for a freshman!! Nice job son.

And I know Dick Vitale sucks Blue Devil D, but Jebus H, he was so over the top with it tonight that I had to mute the TV.

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was absolutely out of control, you usually expect it, but tonite I was hoping he was going to have a damn coronary with his level of Coach K fellating.

Speaking of Duke, how did Coach K manage to find a cast member from the Walking Dead who can shoot the 3 ball?
    [​IMG]

19. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought this was a picture of the beginning of Duke practice where they all blow coach K and Dick Vitale. Right before they all hug and work on flopping.

20. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

YOU'VE GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME SPARTANS!!!! How the hell could you be shooting 30% right now with like, a million goddamn turnovers!!?? Mr. Izzo, if you don't slap some sense into these guys soon we're not gonna be ranked come end of season, not going to win the B10 tourny, not going to get into GODDAMN TOURNAMENT in March!!!!! We are a freaking phenomenal team if we could learn to hold on to the ball!!