Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/8/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

In honor of this weekends kick off of playoff football:

[​IMG]

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First post bitches. Time to go see the Star Wars Movie this afternoon. I am hoping it will not be too crowded.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Chewbacca dies.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

They got El Chapo. Never thought that'd happen.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We saw it on Christmas Eve. I smuggled in $25 worth of taco bell in my giant lady purse. It was the best movie experience I've had, ever.

7. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens and The Hateful Eight this last week. Both were pretty great, but Star Wars was REALLY fast-paced, almost like it wasn't a Star Wars movie for the series, but more like a stand-alone film set in the same universe. Like a better idea than this;

[​IMG]

or THIS:

[​IMG]

Both of those, Caravan of Courage and the Star Wars Holiday Special respectively, they were what made me think the prequels were alright and that Abrams making The Force Awakens was alright. Because LOOK AT THOSE GIFS THEY CAPTURE EXACTLY HOW WHAT THE FUCK those two fucking Star Wars made-for-TV movies were the epitome of stupid shit.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a shitload of t-bell. How did you make it through the movie without shitting yourself?

9. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Adult Pampers?

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Worth? I don't think the whole restaurant is worth $25. They don't even have Coke products. Bastards.

11. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spoiler Alert
    In case you have been living under a rock Making a Murderer is on Netflix , I asked a guy a fish with, a retired Phoenix PD detective if he had watched it and he said he had not but he would. A few days later I get this email from him.

When you told me about "Making a Murderer" that name didn't ring a bell. But one minute into the show when I saw Avery I instantly knew who he was and his story, I didn't know they had made a documentary.

Back in 2005 - 2007 I read the entire condensed version of the investigation and trial, it's an ex-detective thing I do with cases I find unique in some way. I just finished watching all 10 episodes so I'm interested to hear if you think he's innocent or guilty of murder?

I told him I thought the guy was probably innocent as there were to many holes in the case, but I was probably wrong so tell me why I am and here was his response.

Below are some of the bullet points for Stevie and I'll start with the one that should have gotten him the needle.

1. Avery’s past incident with a cat was not “goofing around”. He soaked his cat in gasoline and oil, and put it on a bonfire to watch it suffer.

2. Avery targeted Teresa. On Oct 31 (8:12 am) he called AutoTrader magazine and asked them to send “that same girl who was here last time.” On Oct 10, Teresa had been to the Avery property when Steve answered the door just wearing a towel. She said she would not go back because she was scared of him an he "creeped" her out. Avery used a fake name and fake # (his sister’s) giving those to the AutoTrader receptionist, to trick Teresa into coming.

3. Teresa’s phone, camera and PDA were found 20 ft from Avery’s door, burned in his burn barrel. The documentary did not tell the viewers the contents of her purse were in his burn barrel, just north of the front door of his trailer?

4. The victim’s bones in the firepit were “intertwined” with the steel belts, left over from the car tires Avery threw on the fire to burn, as described by Dassey. That was where her bones were burned! Suggesting that some human bones found elsewhere (never identified as Teresa’s) were from this murder was never established.

6. Also found in the fire pit was Teresa’s tooth (ID’d through dental records), a rivet from the “Daisy Fuentes” jeans she was wearing that day, confirmed by her sister and the tools used by Avery to chop up her bones during the fire.

7. Phone records show 3 calls from Avery to Teresa’s cell phone on Oct 31. One at 2:24, and one at 2:35–both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn’t know it's him…both placed before she arrives. Then one last call at 4:35 pm, without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up (his original defense), so tries to establish the alibi call after she’s already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn’t need the *67 feature for that last call as he has already killed her.

8. Avery’s DNA (not blood) was on the victim’s hood latch (under her hood in her hidden SUV). The SUV was at the crime lab since 11/5…how did his DNA get under the hood if Avery never touched her car? Do the cops have a vial of Avery’s sweat to “plant” under the hood?

9. Ballistics said the bullet found in the garage was fired by Avery’s rifle, which was in a police evidence locker since 11/6…if the cops planted the bullet, how did they get one fired from his gun? This rifle, hanging over Aver’s bed, is the source of the bullet found in the garage, with Teresa’s DNA on it. The bullet had to be fired BEFORE 11/5—did the cops borrow his gun, fire a bullet, recover the bullet before planting the SUV, then hang on to the bullet for 4 months in case they needed to plant it 4 months later???

Now that the show has been out for a couple of weeks people have begun "fact checking" the documentary. Here is just one of numerous links detailing errors not disclosed in the Netflix show.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/making...lixs-latest-true-crime-documentary-hit-500800

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He sent you the prosecutors description of why the documentary got it wrong, not his own, fyi. Unless your friend is Ken Kratz. They never determined it was sweat, just that they found DNA under the latch. He may have done it, but you can't tell me that there was not enough reasonable doubt to convict him.

13. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will let him know that he does not have an opinion based on his readings from 2007.

I agree with the you that there is reasonable doubt, I think law enforcement had a hard-on for the guy and I still have a hard time believing he did it.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From the transcript it appears they did, which is why it's been reported that way, I think.
    latch.jpg

15. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I'm so annoyed with Netflix. Over the last week or so, a sign pops up saying that the internet connection isn't good. HBO Go works, Pandora works. I don't know what's wrong with Netflix. Husband has messed with the settings and everything's the way it should be. The fucked up thing is that it works in the morning or daytime. I'm holding off on watching How to Make a Murderer with the husband, but I don't know if I can wait much longer. I might just go for it one day when I'm off.

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't believe that was evidence. I believe that was taken from a closing statement. But I may be wrong there.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Odds are it's your ISP, not Netflix. Most ISP's throttle the bandwidth, or you can get reduced performance during heavy loads (as in when people get home from school/work).

ISP's have also been known to actively traffic-shape or target Netflix traffic and throttle it, leaving other things alone. This is an attempt to blackmail Netflix to get them to pay more for "preferred" or "guaranteed" service. Your "I hate Netflix" is exactly the response the ISP is going for, and leveraging.

This is exactly the thing that "Net Neutrality" is designed to stop... whereby ALL network traffic has to be treated the same, and the ISP can't selectively treat different parts of the net differently or charge for premium network access/performance.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now for a commercial break in this episode of Nancy Grace. . .

I'm at "my" bar. A girl I went to high school with is here. We mutually despised eachother back then, and apparently, though I tried to be an adult, she's still a bitch, and as ugly as ever.

Her daughter, however, is way hotter than she ever was.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Well.

And this dude had guns.

http://www.khq.com/story/30921891/man-who-allegedly-went-to-dc-to-kidnap-obamas-dog-arrested

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    So, it turns out not being a greedy bastard worked out in my favor.

My company gives us 5 sick days, 5 personal days and 10 days vacation a year. Sick and personal days do not roll over to the next year. Some vacation time does, but no one could give a definitive answer as to when it goes away or how much rolls over.

Last month most of the company was absent a great deal of time trying to burn through their days so they didn't lose it. Me? I didn't give a fuck. I lost 4 days personal and 4 days sick time. I think it's great the company gives it to us if we need it, but I certainly don't consider it my right and privilege. While they were burning through those days, they also burned through all their vacation time, just in case.

A while back I mentioned that we are switching pay periods which is going to result in us having one week less pay this month, we still get paid, but it goes on the back end of our check.

The company decided to help us with the short paychecks by letting us cash in 40 hours of vacation (Normally we can't cash in vacation time.) No one has any vacation time left....no one but me that is. I have 107 hours. Which means I get a bonus check for a week, free of deductions for insurance and 401k.

And it's all going straight on the principal of my property. Woo-fucking-hoo!

#20 toytoy88, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.