Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/6/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Well here we are with the first real WDT of 2017. For me so far this year has started off rather grim. Top that off with record breaking low temps for days on end, more frequent snow here than I've seen my entire life and this weekend we'll have some more topped with some freezing rain for good measure. To say I am over this weather is an understatement.

Yesterday a bird flew into the big office window. As a coworker and I stood at the window to see if it was dead or what it literally just keeled over and died. Poor thing. I put it in a little box and disposed of it. Some of my officemates looked at me like I was nuts while others coined me the bird whisperer....to a dead bird. Whatever.

I know I'm all over the board here sorry. Anyway, how far would you go (or have you gone) to help an animal? Yours or not, to me it makes no difference, it's in distress I cannot just watch.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I walked out and found a dog mauling a bird in my yard a few years ago. I chased the dog away, but the damage had already been done. I didn't know at the time the extent of the bird's injuries, so I put it in one of Percy's travel cages and figured at worst the poor thing could die in peace. It did.

A few years later I ran over a baby grouse. Grouse are incredible stupid animals and it flew up into the under carriage of my car. It was injured, but not dead. Once again, into Percy's travel cage. It spent a few days on my porch healing with limited interaction with me so it didn't lose it's fear of humans. About day 5 it had perked up and I took it to an old forgotten cemetery way back in the woods and set it free.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since we're in the Abe Lincoln bird story mode.

Once as a kid up at my grandfather's farm I was shooting at birds with a BB gun. I hit a Robin in the wing but didn't kill it. I felt bad for it so I put it in a shoe box and tried to nurse it with water and such. It died a few hours later. I wrapped it in paper towels and ruberbands and buried it in the shoe box. Not a few hours later my grandpa's golden retriever dug it up and devoured it. Paper towel strewn everywhere.

It is in the low teens here and my car is having trouble warming up. Starts up fine but rumbles and putters out unless I rev the throttle for a long time. After it's warmed up it seems fine. I was going to go deer hunting but man fuck that noise. God I hate the cold.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You may have heard the news story about the little girl who used Amazon's Alexa to order cookies and a doll house. Well, a TV station in San Diego did a story on her and the following occurred:

"CW6 News Morning Anchor Jim Patton was discussing the Dallas 6-year-old who accidentally ordered a $170 dollhouse and cookies via Alexa. “I love the little girl, saying ‘Alexa ordered me a dollhouse,’” he said during the Thursday report, according to CW6.

When Patton mentioned Alexa and the dollhouse, CW6 said that viewers all over San Diego complained that their Echo devices had attempted to order dollhouses."

Ain't technology grand?

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dog went from neglected to showered with affection when I adopted him, so I guess that counts. Otherwise I haven't been much of a healer, more of a grim reaper. C'est la vie.

Speaking of dogs I came across this calendar for $5 on Tuesday and it is the greatest ever, 10/10 recommended.

I wonder if someone jumping in while a reporter is broadcasting live could trigger this...

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would anyone happen to know someone with both an Echo and an answering machine?

7. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

AltFocus*: What do you do with your deceased pet? One of our cats died last year and we buried her in the side yard with a proper heathen farewell.

Our 90# GSD mix is getting pretty aged and we don't have enough flatish land for a hole that size. We do live near a park with an artificial lake and I was thinking of a Viking funeral - flaming arrows shot into raft holding the departed. The wife thinks I'm crazy, but I can't just dump Don Vito into one of the recycling bins. Besides, which bin should he go in?

* - Did we drop the Focus/AltFocus thing? I may have missed the memo?

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think there is a focus. I think its anarchy, unless it comes to politics, then fuck that shit, there's another thread for that

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

This is the do whatever you want thread except for what toddamus already pointed out.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's weird thinking I could be walking over the grave of some long-lost pet (or person??) while mowing the lawn.

Unless it's stupidly expensive, which it probably is, I'll have him cremated and add his ashes to some shotgun shells so he can still chase birds in the afterlife and be spread across hunting ground at the same time.

When I die, I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread at the campsite and lake where my avatar pic was taken. Plus I want to be loaded into some shells too.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cremation for a pet runs anywhere between 85 and 300 depending on whether you want the ashes or not.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

aside from the gross of having some dude squirt jizz on my foot or ass while I'm in walmart, I would be doubly angry because of having to clean it off of my leggings.

15. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw that too. He NEEDS To Date a millennial. Needs.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I know a few people who have had ashes of their loved ones mixed with ink for tattoos, or turned into glass for jewelry they wear, or turned into trees in their yards. When I die, I want a funeral pyre and a chorus of Chinese opera singers to sing me into oblivion to the tunes of The Imperial March and Gettin' Jiggy With It.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Husband wants a viking funeral into Crater Lake.
    I told him the NPS won't approve. He says he wants to be laid to rest with his father.

19. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To the teenagers smoking pot at the park as I walked my dog, please find a better place to do it, you weren't hidden that well. That and please take off that dam red hat, it stands out like a sore thumb. Also if someone is walking by, its not a good time to rip a bowl.

Also I feel like this applies to a lot of people on here

[​IMG]

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny story. We have a area at my grandfathers farm where all the family dogs are buried. My uncle on the other hand has his dogs stuffed. We discovered he had brought the "innards" up and left them in the basement freezer. He recently picked them up as we are cleaning out the house. He tried taking them to a vet for cremation but they insisted there would be nothing left, toy yorkie, innards aren't worth the time. I think he just buried them in his yard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.