Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/29/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Years ago I was a mod for a local (now defunked) radio shows board. I was personal friends with the pair of DJ's. Not as in radio show friends, like I knew their parents, have helped each move and so on. I haven't seen either in probably 10 years or more. One moved away and the other kinda fell off of the radar. This morning I stopped for coffee. As I'm waiting in line I look over to see one of the pair. I said his name, he very hesitantly looked at me and said yes. I then said "HOLY SHIT ITS ME SHEGIRL". We had a moment, exchanged numbers. As it turns out he works literally 1 block from my office. Like I can see his from mine. What a fucking trip. It made my day, actually probably my weekend.

We've all had "HOLY SHIT IS THAT YOU!" moments good and bad. Share yours.

PS I cannot stop smiling.

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine mostly revolve around disappointment. Like the time one of my sister's hot friends came up to me in a store and started talking to me, only to tell me later that she had thought I was her garbage man.

Or the time I sat next to Bill Murray on a plane, and had dozens of people staring at me, trying to figure out who the guy was that was traveling with Bill. One fan, after getting his autograph, looked at me, started to hand me her cocktail napkin and pen and hesitated. I just shook my head, went back to reading my magazine, and tried to act aloof.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I once ran into an old friend from college in a GameStop where he was working. We made some awkward small talk while desperately trying to dance around the fact that he was working as a clerk at GameStop with an engineering degree.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This exact thing happened to me several years ago. A buddy I grew up with and was in the boy scouts with worked at a game stop in the mall.

It was the most awkward situation I've ever encountered.

Another situation that happened a couple of years ago...

A bunch of us went out to dinner at a local bar/restaurant type place. One of our friends brought this absolute smoke show of a girl. She was either upper class Persian or something princess Jasmine-like. She was kind of bitchy, acted really snooty and wore some expensive clothes. She talked about nothing but herself and acted like her shit didn't stink.

Cue the very next day, I go to the mall with my lady who was at the bar the night before and she decides she wants some frozen yogurt. We go in and the girl working the yogurt place was the girl from the night before. She saw us, looked mortified and then only said, "I'm the manager!". And the other person working there started laughing and told us she wasn't. Princess Jasmine then ran to the back and we never saw her again.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last time my fiance's parents and brother were visiting here, we went out to a crowded restaurant together and lo and behold this girl from my high school was sitting at the table next to us just a foot away facing me. She had a gigantic crush on me back then and I ended up taking her best friend to Prom and not her, etc, and the fallout was awkward. Still awkward, apparently, since we made eye contact once and didn't say a word to each other. Yeah that was fun.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Really guys? Were just gonna let this one slide?

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought nothing would be worse than History of Rock 'N Roll. Superfluous throwaway electives. That course is probably 2k plus books. CHRIST, THE BOOK. What the fuckpiss could the course text be? Will there be a primer on appropriate hot sauces and how Tabasco is not a hot sauce?

You could probably save a solid year of tuition getting rid of courses like that, completely unrelated to your field of study. Thanks to all the history electives I took for my journalism degree I'm 2 semesters form a full history BA on top of the other. That's great, I love history, but it would have been swell to get out of college a semester or two early instead of doing perfunctory electives.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you've seen her tit pics, she's not wrong.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nope, it's a thinning of the herd.

If you're fucking stupid enough to waste time, effort, and money (that you probably had to borrow) on such a course, then you're entitled to suffer the consequences.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If only he would've dispatched a pack of foxhounds to take her out prior to firing off the gun.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I like how the article says he faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

That's at least 3 fewer years than most have to pay for their drunken mistakes.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seems redundant.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with her having the balls to apologize publicly.

Because so many people are calling for head and it's despicable. If she loses her ability to practice medicine for it, that's 4 years of college, 3 years of med school, another 5ish for residency and about 1-2 for fellowship for nothing.

I think she acted like a cunt and should rightly be ridiculed for it, but people want other people to lose their jobs way too often.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well to be honest, when you're looking into the back of her head, all blondes look the same.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like this?

1-Cotton-Criminals-The-Xray-Love-Tee-Black-By-Cotton-Criminals-2.jpg

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I find that picture quite intriguing.

More please?

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only issue is this constant "Alcohol creates my evil twin" excuse People use, pretend they blacked out when they clearly didn't and they say "That's not the person I am!" Yes, yes it is. That's the drunk version of you. Just admit you're a fucking idiot, period, and move on. Stop blaming the fact you're an irresponsible lightweight on an imaginary friend. We all get drunk, but only terrible people behave that way and I don't care how fucking drunk you are.

No one deserves to lose their job over it, just don't pretend to be a good person when you're not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.