Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/27/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I have so much shit going at work right now I can't even think straight. I am essentially being forced into an appointment I don't want and should not need after being with the company for over 20 years but whatever. The powers that be are far more powerful than me. I fold.

FOCUS: When have you been in a similar situation in your career and how did you handle it?
    And of course the ladies. I wish I could pull off a suit like she is. She is owning it. Hot.

SUIT.jpg

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What's the appointment for? Just see what you can delegate down and prioritize everything else by size/due date.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's an additional appointment, through the company directly, they are now requiring. It cannot be delegated at all. I think my shit should already be grandfathered in so to speak. They do not share my opinion.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I am at the bottom of the food chain, so I take it. Can't delegate because I'm also the only one capable of completing some of the work here, at least for the time being. You climb a mountain one step a time, that's how I look at it when the work in front of me feels impossible.

#4 katokoch, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Some new HR rule came into EA when I was there for about a year that said all employees had to take this new online workplace harassment training seminar/test. A newly hired junior HR Bitch thought it'd be time to exert some of her newly found power by asking me to take the training.

I said, "no... I'm a contractor, and I resent the fact that you think I'll harass someone without the training... if you have a problem with someone being harassed, then come and see me, and then we can talk about it, or let me go, but I refuse to start with the premise that I'll harass someone unless I'm told not to first."

HR Bitch started to pick a fight, and basically said she wasn't going to authorize the release of my payment unless I took it, so I packed up my shit in a box and was on the way out when the VP saw me doing it and asked WTF was going on. I told him, he lost it, HR Bitch had to come down and apologize, and no more of my time was wasted. Nor did we ever see or hear from new HR Bitch again.

So yeah, I handled it probably the exact opposite to how people should handle it... but I hate it when people have too much time on their hands and fuck things up. Half of the shit that the employees had to do like that were a joke and beyond useless, but it helped someone validate their existence by convincing people that it was a problem to begin with, and then putting in place a "solution" for said fake problem.

That is the REAL scope creep as a company gets bigger... all the bullshit that is tacked onto just getting stuff done. And the bigger company you work for, the more buffer in time and money they have to be able to tolerate that bullshit. Small startup? No fucking way would that happen, because you have no time as it is, and you have to get shit done ASAP.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I don't know about "appointments", but I've been given more leadership "opportunities" this year which really means "We want to tack on more work for no additional pay or time to complete it."

In other news, I'm knocked up and really can't drink anymore. Cue trombone. All I want is a margarita in each hand.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wait. You're knocked up? Did I miss the memo?

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congrats?! Do we drink in celebration for you tonight?

9. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Do you ever need a reason to drink???

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Didn't this happen last time too? I said my wife was preggers and then a few weeks later like all the tibettes had little growths inside of them too.

Also, congrats!!!

11. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Thanks y'all. Not gonna lie, it's kinda weird.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, no memo, but there were signs . . .
    Wait until the cravings kick in and you scream at your husband "YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY FIND ME ATTRACTIVE RIGHT NOW!" and he says, "well, that's why I'm trying to put it in your butt, duh." Then it'll really get weird.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Doing an Alien movie marathon will clear your fear of parasites right up.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

N... no?

15. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I do wish I could pull pin stripes off like that. I look stupid in stripes. I don't know whether it is my height or hair color. All my suits are solids.

Cheers, to being single. Except I am not drinking because of the frame of mind I am in.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I am drinking. Tomorrow is my first day off in 2 weeks. Thank God that shit is over for another 6 months.

17. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Drink 12 for me. I will drink when I have my mood under control. I don't feel like having alcohol turn me into a sappy, disgusting mess. The world doesn't deserve to have to deal with me like that. First day off in two weeks? Why so long?

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Work. By nature, I'm pretty grouchy in a "Get off my lawn" sort of way. If I've been drinking the night before I'm more apt to be a little less pleasant when someone shits on my day.

I like my job, I just need to be somewhat flexible and pleasant with my clients rather then telling them to go fuck themselves when they act like self entitled jack asses.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Watch out for flying phallic. In your house you never know.

20. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I live this struggle every single day, so I understand what you mean! At least now you can chill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.