Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/23/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The pseudoscience bullshit about disruption of a natural balance I can handle. That's the general idea behind chiropractics and a lot of other mainstream nonsense. But I am amazed at how poorly formed and self contradictory that article is. This is clearly a person that has had a lot of pseudoscience thrown at her, which she comprehended none of, and now she's just spewing it back out in some bastardized glob of horse shit.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"article"

Hahahahahahahahahaha

3. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ha! You're right lady, that kettle is black.

I know a lot of religious people who I like and respect, but if you think modern science and medicine are useless because God gives you everything you need, then you are objectively stupid.

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The general idea behind chiropractics is to push your bones back where they belong after an injury. This is not pseudo-science. It is an amalgamation of millenia old therapies. I get rankled when people dismiss psychiatrics as well.

I read one sentence of that "blog", literally the opening sentence, and closed the window. I don't care how amusing it is to make fun of her, or how big of a rage-gasm it elicits. She is too stupid to live, let alone disseminate dangerous theories to other impressionable idiots, and she is probably a burden on everyone she knows. I hope she gets some sort of instant, virulent pooping disease where her, no doubt, weary husband finds her crapped inside out on the toilet.

Not once do these cretins think maybe, just maybe, God gave people his medicine to use to enrich their lives, and then praise him for it like he did for the Israelites wandering in the wilderness (book of Numbers). No, aspirin is obviously The Devil. Everything is The Devil.

5. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or maybe that he gave us brains to invent science and medicine? Kind of like how our brains invented cars and computers? But nah, we don't need those things, horses and stone tablets are better and more God-approved.

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You sound like the devil. Medicine, science, technology are all acceptable until about 1750. The rest is the devil.

I will pray for you.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a part of it, and no one is going to argue that part, but there is more to it. There is a significant part of the community that treats it as a comprehensive form of healthcare. There are people who believe that proper spine alignment will cure Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. They also tend toward seeing a misalignment as a cause instead of a symptom, and fail to treat the real problem.

My former roommate is a practicing chiropractor. If you press him, he'll admit that some of what he does is BS, but he still pays his bills by giving the same people adjustments every week.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Technology leads to music, and music leads to dancing.

The devil.

I think the bottom line is pseudo-science works at about the same effective rate as hoping that something were so. However, as long as they "see" it or read about it, there will be people naive enough to believe in it. Despite the overwhelming spike in measels that was just officially released, vaccine naysayers say it isn't because of their sickening growing trend. Nope, to this day they're still saying it causes Autism. Fuck all those PHD's with their long-earned college degrees and research.

9. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I have a tight butt muscle which made today's workout really hard. But since we are expecting a storm tomorrow (not really 3-5") and I don't have to be anywhere, I decided to take a muscle relaxer--which normally wipes me out--since it's not seemly to walk around digging my knuckles into my ass cheek (but it feels SO good). But there's a plot twist. I also had a cup of coffee. What will win? I'm like my very own science experiment right now. This is absolutely riveting...to no one...but me. FYI--coffee is winning right now. Although I am feeling relaxed. I've been wanting something to eat for the past hour and can't seem to get up to get it. Although The Fugitive is on.

10. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I forgot to ask. What was your reaction when they said you were naked? Some people get all shy and others out (haha) and proud. Although if you say you got all bashful I'm going to think you have a small wiener and were trying to hide it.

11. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This has to be intentional?

12. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, sure, pick and choose on the quote. I never do anything like that.

Any of you guys worried about me, I did get up and get some food. You can all breathe easy now and go about your partying. Or in Crown's case, paper dress-making.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea that was my thought. I was really tempted to post something shockingly similar

I'm tired at 8:00pm on Friday and all I did was skate twice and sleep 5 hours the night before. Fuck getting old.... I'm one of those people that hates sleeping, kind of view it as a waste of time. I abhor going to sleep before midnight. I'll do everything in my power short of snorting adderall to stay up till Saturday morning tonight

14. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

But you repeat yourself.

Or should I say, butt?

15. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck flying. I can't look at a plane without getting sick. Flight's delayed going home. I feel like hell. I want a hot bath and I want to go to bed.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grab some xanax or get fucked up at the airport bar

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Find the nearest person in a uniform. Any uniform will do, even a janitor. Scream "ALLAH AKBAR!" at the top of your lungs.

Airport layover boredom is over. Hell, you might even be able to DVR your performance from the news.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The guy that "hypnotized" me didn't do the naked bit for ours. It was all dudes since it was a fraternity conference, so maybe that bit works better when there are women around.

Tom Deluca did the naked thing, and one of the funniest parts was watching one of the big football players sort of crouch and try to hide behind a chair.

I do not have a big weiner and would be shy if I were naked in a room full of people. Although, my weiner is kinda magical, so maybe I would've been acting like I was all flashing it around.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Finally watched the movie "Lone Survivor" (based on the book by the same name about Operation Red Wings, written by Marcus Luttrell).

While I cannot recommend the book for everyone (gets too political for my tastes), the movie is astounding. Only issue I could find, which is extremely minor, is a certain thing called "muzzle awareness" which actors and directors need to learn.

So now I'm re-addrenalized and drinking a cheap cab, trying unsuccessfully to get tired again.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Skymall is no more.

DAMNIT!!! Now what am I gonna do when the grotesquely overweight person next to me rests her stomach on my armrest and won't stop breathing heavily because of her dia-beetus?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.