Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/22/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I was watching a House Hunters the other day. The buyers were so fucking picky, not only about the house but the location. They weren't willing to budge on that, even though they found the perfect house that was 10-15 minutes away from their current.

Maybe it's just me but, when I found my perfect house it was just that, it didn't matter that I doubled my commute.

If you could have your perfect house where would it be? What would some of the features be? What would be a no go?

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Forest and edge.jpg

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife likes to watch thou types of shows, and gets mad at the same thing. Must features would be a decent size shop, and some sort of covered parking.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Theres some show on HGTV that my wife watches with twin brothers where one is a real estate agent the other is a contractor. They are the creepiest dudes ever and I would bet money on it that they end each day balls-deep in each other's buttholes.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst thing about house hunting is that my wife and I want to have kids, which means we have to be in a good school district. Good school districts aren't in fun places.So in order to give your kids the best chance possible, you have to give up all fun things within walking distance.

This is my perfect house-
    Three bedrooms
    Three bathrooms
    Open concept
    Granite counter tops
    Stainless steel appliances
    Gas range
    All hardwood and no carpet
    A bar in the basement
    Within walking distance of a few bars, restaurants and a nice grocery store
    Near a ski mountain
    A small fenced yard for the pooch and a small area for a garden.

Because I am not made of money, I have to sacrifice a lot of this stuff. The only thing I won't let slide are the bathrooms. I had to sell my last home that had three bathrooms and move to a one bedroom apartment while we are trying to find a house. We went from three places to poop down to one. Do you know how messed up my bowels are now that I sometimes have to hold it? That will never happen again.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jonathon and Drew are the Property Brothers. The only thing creepy about them is that you don't like them.

Edit: If you wanted to complain about the shows scripted schtick then that would be a valid complaint.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are the property brothers these guys?

[​IMG]

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They remind me of The Hardly Brothers.

Flip or Flop is the worst of the lot. This numbnuts goes sight unseen into buying homes, typically in a state of disrepair, yet miraculously manages to turn a profit in 19/20 episodes. If he isn't scripted to be a complete toolbag idiot, there is no earthly way this guy runs a solvent business.

If you dig those kind of shows, please take a peak at Grand Designs from the BBC. Youtube has all of the seasons up. Follows people making a modern home and all the BS associated without contrived drama. There are some truly breath taking structures. Timber, glass, country landscapes. Everything I need in a house. It seriously makes me jealous.

Where I'd want a home? I don't know. I feel like a drifter in the place I've lived all my life. I'm not sure I want roots outside of a good property investment. New Orleans' Garden Disctrict and French Quarter appeal to me. Manhattan appeals. Both those place teem with culture and life (and hobos). But do I want to live there? The toytoy route appeals as well, but I'm not ready for the hermit lifestyle either.

Edit: DICKBAG, YOU STOLE MY JOKE.

9. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife and I are currently building our "Dream Home". I use the quotes because we live in reality and there were things that each of us wanted, but there was really no way to justify the cost. For instance, we're putting in a pool, but when I suggested a lazy river running around the house she put her foot down and said no. Bitch.

In all seriousness there were things like a wine cellar, four car garage, true whole home automation, ect., that just weren't in our budget.

Must haves for us were four bedrooms, one for each of our kids, one for us, and an in-law suite for my wife's parents who live with us now. Also, since I have daughters and no sons I'm way outnumbered so we made sure there are plenty of bathrooms. 5 1/2 to be exact. (I'm going to have two daughters hitting puberty at the same time, and my wife will also likely be hitting her "Change" at that time also.)

We are also adding a game/billiards room with a bar, and a home theater. We have always loved watching movies at home better than going to the theater, and it was usually cheaper. (Well, full disclosure, with what I'm spending on the theater it won't be cheaper anymore.) With that and the air-conditioned bay in my garage at least I'll have a place to hide.

#9 Now Slappy, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You should of called it a Moat/Stock Pond. Home security and food production all rolled into one. Who wouldn't want that?

11. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I for one just assumed everyone would have a moat if they could afford it. Preferably with sharks.

12. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish I had that in my back pocket six months ago.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My fiancée is obsessed with HGTV. Not my thing, although I'll admit I'm getting into some crafty Youtube channels like Clickspring and AvE... basically machining and engineering stuff I'm curious about. Oh yeah, there's the hours and hours of Red Green online too.

My perfect house would be smaller, quality vs. quantity, with lots of woodworking and natural lighting. Priorities are a lack of neighbors (toytoy knows what I'm talking about) and decent sized secure outbuilding for my shop and fun stuff storage, with bonus points for being on a body of water and/or nearby hunting land too. Preferably Northern Minnesota but most anywhere in the state would work, i.e. not Stearns County.

14. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like ToyToy I would like some acreage, 10-50 but the more the merrier. I want to be able to do what I want, shooting, blowing shit up, running ATV's on trails I made myself all without annoying my neighbors. More to the point without my neighbors annoying me. I'm less particular about the house. It doesn't need to be huge but when I buy another one it will be a more open floor plan rather than the ranch I have now with a much larger kitchen. I suppose I would have to have a big garage though. Would be even better with a lake or lake access.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

To give a little insight as to where I lived growing up and what would be my ideal...this was taken when the lake was down, so I can pinpoint exactly where I lived....the sandbar on the left of the screen helped serve as our breakwater: (And there were nowhere near as many neighbors.)

Sagle-Idaho-Bottle-Bay-with-Schweitzer.jpg

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate watching House Hunters domestic because their attempts at making it repeatable end up being boring as fuck. A couple searching for a $225K house in Colorado Springs might be realistic, but its not fun to watch and they quibble over stupid shit like an open kitchen and they each have their "must-haves" that they blatantly quote whenever deciding. Even having more episodes in the $500K range would make it reasonable but less depressing. I feel like every episode has a house where you're like WTF...

House Hunters International is a bit more entertaining cause even on smaller budgets, they are finding cool stuff in Costa Rica or Greece. But you still have people that don't have a fucking clue about anything. And most are people who quit their jobs to pick up and move and thus are obnoxiously budget conscious.

FOCUS: I'm definitely a size whore when it comes to houses. Always been fascinated by estates and mansions, my parents moved into a 5000 square foot house plus a finished walkout basement my senior year of HS, so I saw how a house that size can be homey and well laid out.

While I'd like to have a 10K square foot house on enough land to provide me with a winding driveway, my ideal would be 4000-6000 sqf on half to an acre in a closer in burb. My hometown is big lots on former farmland, no new subdivision can have lots under an acre. Thats not my jam. Modern style, lots of metal and glass. Landscaping is all relative, but I need a koi pond. Preferably indoor/outdoor, I've seen some really cool designs that incorporate the pond into a living area without being gaudy.

-Nice home gym
    -Office with 100 gallon aquarium set into the wall
    -well equipped kitchen with a quality range
    -secret passageway to hide mistresses

Simple things really

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you all know house hunters is fake? They wont come shoot until you have a house under contract. I read an article stating that once. My wife had a friend that went on the show and confirmed it.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to drive by this house over 20 years ago on the way to a construction project.
    upload_2016-1-22_17-16-42.png

Their moat is also the pool. It used to be in a more rural area, but things have developed around them in Alpharetta, GA north of Atlanta.

upload_2016-1-22_17-18-36.png

I always thought it was pretty cool.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I love HGTV. I like the Property Douches. The rest of the shows are mildly entertaining to hate. Like, I love to hate those Fixer Upper assholes. They suck. Chip is a tool who thinks he's funny and the chick has no personality. What's worse is that it's in Wacko and they're Baylor fans. What's not to hate? My BIL and SIL love them...so much so that they go to Waco to visit their store. They'd buy a turd for $300 as long as it had "Magnolia" on it.

My dream home would be a craftsman or bungalow. 3 or 4 bedrooms with an office and small gym/studio space. I'd love to have a pergola and fire pit in the back.

#20 TX., Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.