Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

03/27 - Fresh look WDT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Binary, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, yes she does. She's also a lot more pixelated, any way to fix that?

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope, no she doesn't... It animates at the exact same speed that it always used to.

It's pixelated because the old avatar was so small. You'd have to upload a higher quality version.

4. voltronman

voltronman
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

They had a small commercial during the Super Bowl. Zachary Levi who played Chuck is going to be in it too, and I, being the dork that I am, am really excited for this. And the X-Files.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Further proof that late 80's/Early 90's sports cards are worth diddly squat: I just received a drunk e-bay purchase in the mail today. It was six 1989 Topps ML Debut Sammy Sosa rookie cards, all graded PSA 9. (A 9 grade means there is some small printing flaw on the card that can only be seen with a jewelers loop.)

You'd think Sosa's rookie cards would be worth something right? He was one of the most popular players of the 90's and he did hit 609 HR's, topping 60 in a season 3 times. No one has ever done that.

Utilizing PSA's lowest cost service, it would've cost $42 to have these cards graded. My winning bid was $9.50 and I overpaid. Because drunk.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Spent the day planing, ripping, and sanding cedar fencing boards that were on sale at Home Depot. Love that smell.

The only thing better than that is having a shower beer or two while knocking all the sawdust off, and having a pizza waiting for me when I'm done.

I can only imagine what your Beanie Baby collection looks like.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But surely my Billy Ripken Fleer Fuck Face cards are still worth something, right. I think the only cards I have that are still worth anything are some T206 cards I bought cause I wanted some when I was a kid.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The Fuck Face cards are definitely worth something (I'm not sure if I even have one right now, I've been meaning to get a PSA 10 one just for shits and giggles) All the stupid variations (Black box, scribble, etc...) are worth nothing as far as I'm concerned.The whole appeal of the card is the fact that it clearly says "Fuck Face" on his bat barrel.

Have y'all seen Byrce Harper recently?

[​IMG]

Sweet Jesus, look at that forearm. Dude is poised to pop 40 or more this season if he quits running into walls.

EDIT: By the way, Bryce is still just 22 and doesn't turn 23 until the season is over. IF he hit's 45 HR's this season he will join Mel Ott (Hall of Fame) and Tony Conigliaro as the youngest to hit 100 career HR's.

Tony C was on the fast track to the HoF until he got hit in the face with a Jack Hamilton fastball in '67. His vision was destroyed. He came back and had a couple solid seasons, then his vision went away again. His whole life reads like a Greek tragedy. He suffered a major heart attack and spent like 8 years as a vegetable before passing away young.

#88 toytoy88, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kilkenny in a frosted glass...not a bad way to end an evening

10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beer.
    CWC Grand Final starts in half an hour. Hopefully the Kiwis can do better than the Rugby League because that was an abortion. Also fucking video refs need to masturbate with a handful of brass shavings as lube. Useless fucks.
    More beer.

11. voltronman

voltronman
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I spent a good chunk of today installing the shelving/trim in my 2 unfinished rooms in my basement. For my level of skill, the cheap wood, and mediocre quality tools it doesn't look half bad. Only 7 small pieces of trim to nail in and I am done. Then carpet. Eventually, I will but baseboard trim on as well. Now it's time for beer.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus I am drunkev than ten movie stars

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus I am drunkev than ten movie stars

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

One of my roommates is 50 years old. I've never actually seen his face, because he's constantly hunched over staring at his phone. I've had to tell him to get the fuck out of my way multiple times because he's been stopped dead on the stairs staring at his phone while I'm trying to go up/down the stairs. If your phone is more interesting then your actual life and the things around you, you're doing something seriously wrong with your life.

EDIT: Just to elaborate, this is something I just don't get. When I first started my current job the CEO of our company came and addressed my department. My company has a $500 million a year operating budget, so he certainly has a lot on his plate. About 5 minutes into his talk, I looked around and half the people he was addressing were staring at their phones. Talk about the epitome of rudeness.

None of them still work there.

I saw folks come over to "Visit" my aunt as she lay dying and spend all their time staring at their phone.

Is there something really interesting going on that I'm missing out on that people would rather lose their job or miss out on seeing a loved one for the last time?

I just don't get it.

#94 toytoy88, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bourbon has me feeling warm and happy. I need to drink bourbon more often.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHY IS THERE A COCKROACH IN MY PAJAMA LEG.

It's dead and in the trash, but I can still feel it crawling up my leg. Probably looking for somewhere to lay its fucking ghost-cockroach eggs.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don't worry... that's what your ear is for, while you're sleeping.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I want to drop-kick a midget right about now.

19. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait... People actually wear pajamas to bed? I thought those were for children or lounging around the house...

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I only sleep naked or in boxers in the summer. In the winter its flannel pajamas. And since I work from home, I wear them shits for a solid week until theyre good and ripe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.