Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

03/27 - Fresh look WDT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Binary, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the other day a colleague of mine complained to me that nothing good has happened in her career. This is patently untrue, but anyways. She said that she's "worked harder than most people", "done a lot of shit", and "been through a lot of shit". This "lot of shit" that she went through, in her mind, consisted of a period when I was away and she had to cover some administrative duties for me and do a bit of extra paperwork. During this period I was "away", I was living in 40+ degree heat with 100% humidity, wearing clothes soaked in diesel (if I wasn't covered in it myself), unloading by hand cargo planes full of water, food and supplies, and showered by dumping a bottle of water over my head behind a makeshift plywood stall.

But my heart just fucking weeps for her, having to do a little extra paperwork.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Way to deny us lots of entertainment at your expense.

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tomorrow is the Cricket World Cup final between New Zealand and Australia. I think now is as good a time as any to start drinking. Also fuck voting.

And addition to the podcast talk, a decent comedy one is The Bugle, Jon Oliver is great and Andy Zaltzman spins a wicked tale of bullshit.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

According to her twitter account, she is.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's a great idea. The drunker I get, the more I think I somewhat understand what the hell is happening in that sport. When I think something bad happens its good, that batter hits a backwards non-homerun that's sort of a homerun and the final score is 122 to Q$.

Although to be fair, those guys must have hands tougher than the tiles they use for a space shuttle heat shield.

6. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It kicks off in around 24 hours, the only bad thing is that I have to work at 6am Monday and I'm going to be a sad excuse for a human if NZ win.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only thing I know about cricket is that the Indians at work are super excited about it this week. You know how hard it is to concentrate when everyone is having loud conversations that sound like gibberish?

In other news, I got my first new computer in 7 years and am setting it up with the help of copious amounts of malbec. This is my first real experience with Windows 8, and so far all I can say is that Microsoft is lucky as hell that Jobs died before he had a chance to take advantage of how much Microsoft shit the bed on this one. Microsoft's phone/tablet interface is actually pretty good, but it sucks on a desktop computer, and the fact that they tried to force people to adopt it is only going to make people hate it.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got a job interview Monday for a an entry level market research gig at a bigger supplier in town. I went to a family friend who has owned her own research business for years to have her coach me up a little. Ive been cramming like a college final, i.e. putting it off and spinning out on wikipedia entries on statistics. Nothing from my last job was anywhere near as technical. I think I just beat the system by listing the word analyze 65 times on my resume. I am way out of my depth. Monday is going to be a shit show.

But hey, Im taking a trip to see my brother this week and hopefully will be in Florida fishing off a beach by this time next Friday.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Do they ever have Cricket brawls where they beat each other with their sticks? Has a manager/coach/whatever ever ripped that stake out of the ground and stabbed the opposition with it? .Also, what are the rules regarding a 'roo on the field? Do they kill and eat it?

10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen a batsmen hit a streaker with their bat before and in local stuff I've heard about fights going on.

As for the Roo? You don't want to pick one of them. What flowers do you want at your funeral?

[​IMG]

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pick out a couple of relevant concepts you know and steer the conversation towards them. Bullshit with confidence about everything else. As long as they don't hit you with a direct question about something you don't know, you should be fine. There isn't anything important that you can't learn after you're hired.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My understanding was that once they got hit they stopped boxing.... kind of like fencing with marsupials.

But that might have been something I saw in a movie when I was a kid, so take it for what it's worth.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You just have to be careful about that... nothing pisses me off more in an interview than when I ask a specific question, and instead of answering it or saying "sorry, haven't got a clue, but I do know about ____", they just launch into something totally different, completely ignoring the question that was asked. Always give an answer to the question that was asked, even if it's to say you have no idea.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you don't know something. If it's core to the job, and you SHOULD know, well you're fucked... but to me, being honest in those scenarios means a lot to me... I've had too many potential hires try to hire shit, or employees that fuck up and then try to cover it up. Fastest way to be walking out of the building with a box full of your shit.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good luck, and as a piece of personal advice for you if you get hired DON'T FUCK CRAZY BITCHES YOU WORK WITH.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have basically been in the job market in America for the last 4 years, and I have never been asked a specific question. For me, it has always come down to "did you get past the HR filters?" and "did the people involved like you?"

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How is one supposed to find said crazy bitches then?! Huh?

17. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Even the fucking kangaroo is in better shape, fucking hell. From February 1st until this week has just completely sucked on so many levels. I got hit with multiple injuries and sickness back to back, causing me to have to back out of my first fight in over five years. Things are turning around though as this week I am finally back in the gym and starting to get healthy. I also finished my bachelors this week, but I'm more exited at the prospect of getting back in the ring.

I splurged a bit and bought a few bottles of Evil Twin's Molotov Cocktail and holy shit is it tasty and strong. This mom and pop place opened up shop selling some really good brews that a grocery or convenient store would never carry and it really is like walking into an adult candy store, you just want to try a bit of everything.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In your country? Become a convict. They'll propose marriage to you through the mail. Conjugal visits every 90 days with good behavior, brah.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Assuming you're still in the Queen City, I guess you could just follow my brother's lead and walk down to the river and wave your dick in the air. Maybe that isn't what he did, but I wish he didn't have this shit to deal with.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After the girl I hook up with left they hired another hot girl who also seemed to be cray. Since I am a man who never learns from his mistakes, particularly when trying to get laid, I had started in roads with her. She got fired for no call no showing two different times for multiple days each. Her excuse? She was sick the first time and getting teeth extracted and didn't think she needed to call and let anyone know because she was on salary. She mysteriously never talked with her family from Florida and kept getting her cell phone turned off. Man I bet she would have been fun to hook up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.