Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

¡Viva La Drunk Thread! 4/13/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are we the same person? I read a book about the Titanic in 1st grade, watched all the documentaries, got hooked on the sinking and the discovery of the wreck.

The NGC show was interesting, and I think Cameron actually knows his shit more that I expected. But it really was a round table of yes-men.

The Ballard documentary where he researched the Harland and Wolff Guarantee Group and talked to their ancestors was really cool.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know, I don't think they agreed more then they disagreed with him. Though he comes off as insanely knowledgable in most of the shit he talks about. Some of the raw footage of his trips for the movie and Ghost of The Abyss (which I thought was weak) seem more interesting than the show.

I haven't watched the Ballard one yet. I downloaded the 8 part discovery channel series and have been trying to finish it. Though National Geographic does the best docs (as well as being the best of all the learning channels).

3. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm seeing Social D this thursday! Fuck yeah!

Yes, that is them unplugged with an accordion.

#63 Rumble, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think there were a few scenes where Cameron would put forth his opinion, and they'd all kind of nod in approval, albeit with a confused look on their faces.

Did you spend most of that documentary wondering how you could get a 30-foot lifelike model of the Titanic's bow wreckage, or even the full scale model of the ship? Because I sure as hell did.

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Where is everyone? I just got home from a 3-hour dinner. This has been a weird day. It began with a 15-page neuro exam at 8 am, and it ended with a 3 hour chat about my career and ex-boyfriend. Pass the vino, por favor.

6. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

ugh, i hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

i just got home and ate my leftovers, and i did without an audience. i hope you all realize that you have prevented a bucnh of messageboard members from watching some guy eat leftover pasta.

and those members were you.

they.

were.

you.

7. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except it's not really Social D without you know who.

Homework done, jack drank, it's dirty bird time! And yes, I'm going alone.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I don't know what dirty bird time is but I probably just did it.

9. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just a what, bitch?

P.S. edit: I'm drunk.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck yes.

I was wondering more how I could fit them in my house without anyone noticing. It was fucking amazing and I kept thinking how exact it might be. I mean the major theme of the show was his/their ocd focus on exact details and from a distance it looked like at that scale and the sheer amount of detail could have been amazing. You really think he'd let them not make them crazy exact?

When I was ten I got a 3 foot scale model for Christmas. I got a third of the way done and gave up. I have the exact opposite of what Cameron has, doctors call it ADD. Plus my dad helped me spray paint the deck but he didn't feel like mixing the right droplets of paint to get the color right and it turned out a shade of poop and rust. I was never happy with it.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm not a fan of rum but this shit is delicious.

Half water, half rum (about 3/4 of the cup full)
    a couple squirts of lemon juice
    splenda
    add ice

The only problem is that I want to open that can of olives and gorge. Brb.

12. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's this shitty club in downtown Corvallis. That my ex showed up to. I left, and now I'm at home drunk.

*edit: her grandpa died this week, so I didn't want to make her feel even more shitty by letting her see me.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From dinner Thursday night. That is a collection of the sweetest roasted pork I have ever had. North Carolina and Texas have both been put to shame.

I'm currently comparing that masterpiece to a place featured on "No Reservations: Bali"-Ibu Oka, in Ubud. I have had mouthgasm after mouthgasm this weekend and it's been heavenly.

Attached Files:

14. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In other news, bewildered is an asshole. And a woman. Terrible, terrible person.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Dude, i'm married. Don't act like I can't get some fine grade A dong whenever I feel like it.

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents had an old (c. 1925) book about the Titanic, and from the time I could read until I was about 14, I would constantly go through it studying the pictures, diagrams, etc. I've always been fascinated with it and shipwrecks in general. I still remember the "Raise the Titanic!" movie from the early 80s and pointing out the mistakes based on my old book.

17. Brengsek

Brengsek
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where David Hasselhoff is remembered for music, no
    You bastard. I'd kill for some Ibu Oka babi guling. FFFFFUUUUUUUU!
    Enjoy, enjoy.

18. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Drank heavily at the expense of my company last night. I can't believe I have never had the luxury of enjoying this benefit. No hangover. I'm pleased.

Today I'm painting the bathroom and refinishing a dresser. Five years ago I'd have told you that sounded super lame and boring. But I've turned into the most boring adult ever. Apparently. This is confirmed by the fact that waking up at 8 AM on a Saturday totally counts as sleeping in. Even when you're at a hotel and there is zero reason to get out of bed early. Sad.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Simple fix - break it in half and make a model of the wreck. It's easier to put together, and the poop and rust color is factually correct.

I gotta thank the Titanic - if I'd never gotten so interested in it, I'd never have gone to the theater to see the movie, and I'd never have seen Kate Winslet's boobs.

Okay, that's not really true, because after Titanic, I found out that nearly every movie with Kate Winslet is a chance to see her boobs.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.