Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Would you like fries with that?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Sep 16, 2010.

1. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've had a some really poorly paid, miserable jobs, one scooping ice-cream and a few working retail. I could tell it was time to quit when I started trying to find ways to cheat and sabotage things.

At the ice-cream place I fucked with some temperature controls just so people would lose it when the waffle cones took forever or the chocolate turned bulletproof. Also I killed the master breaker one time when I was leaving in a bad mood.

One of the retail places I worked had Sioux/Navaho/whatever themed souvenirs. The manager used to supervise from the basement via CCTV and walkies. I assume he was masturbating, I don't really know. I found and exploited every camera blind-spot for hours. Taught myself to play the wooden flutes, broke some antiques for no good reason.

I was never caught for any of this and I would beat the shit out of myself for any of it now but being fifteen is basically an insanity plea. There was never anyone interesting in these places.

I think the best shitty entry level jobs are restaurants. They're the fastest, they pay the best and as a result they have the smartest and most interesting people.

[​IMG]

Funniest people I've ever dealt with have all been line-cooks. Just don't care about anyone or anything and laugh at it all. Unfortunately they get less fun when they hit management.

Sample line cook humor (in response to holocaust joke): "Hey! Take it easy with that shit, fucker. My grandpa died at Auschwitz... Fell out of a guard tower."

(to a waitress): "Hey, how was your night? Yeah... Hey... can I smell you?"

One time I saw a prep cook bolo a two and a half foot piece of salmon skin around a waiter's face. Dude served the rest of the day with little silver scales all in his hair.

I don't know any other kind of Mcjob where management buys everyone a beer at the end of the night either.

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean the skin flute?

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume that would mean going down to see the manager in the basement for lessons.

4. ZJB

ZJB
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have had a few McJobs. I washed dished at a local restaraunt through highschool for spending cash, but the worst job I ever had was painting my first summer of university.

The job was "piece work" which means you basically get paid for how much you do. Now this wasn't a problem because I worked fairly quickly, but the people were the pickiest fuckers I'd ever met. It was a"student painter company, but they expected fucking Picasso. They would ask us to paint a room literally this colour and then bitch when it looked like shit. I swear half of the people we did work for were brain dead. Another customer had us paint their main floor, and then their kid ran around and left big hand marks and scrapes on the paint, and since our manager was a bitch we had to go back and fix all of that shit at no extra cost.

Seriously, never take a job for a painting company. I'd rather put my nuts in a vice than do that job again.