Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TOTAL ECLIPSE [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 5, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

[​IMG]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2024/04/05/total-solar-eclipse-phases-timeline/

Are any of you in the Path of Totality? Is your town preparing? I am pretty far out of the way, and we have had some overcast skies lately so I doubt I'll see much.

I am on a meal train for my neighbor recovering from surgery. I made 2 sets of pizza and brownies. The brownies are basically fudgy blobs.
    IMG_20240405_182852_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

IMG_20240405_182831_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

Happy Friday all ye idiots. Drink a beer and out your feet up.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fudgy blobs are the best kind of brownies.

We're going to get about 80% coverage here. We will be in a likely be in a doctor's office for most of it. If the doc finishes up in time we could make it back outside to see 80% through partially cloudy skies.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We're going to go up to Vermont for the eclipse and will be right in the path.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're in 87% of totality here, but the weather is forecasting intervals of clouds and sun so it's likely 50/50 whether ot not it'll be visible

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're not too far out of the path but will be joining the migrating hoards to actually get to the path of totality. Fortunately we're in reasonable driving distance so we didn't have to figure out lodging.

We saw the last one in 2017 and found it super interesting that the clouds actually dissipated as totality approached - turns out that's a thing, as the atmosphere cools down during the eclipse, the cloud formations tend to vanish. So people with partly cloudy skies actually have a much better chance of seeing something than the cloud cover might suggest.

That pizza made me drool a little. Fucking yum.

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're right on the outer edge, but still actually in the path of totality, so I can just go walk out onto my back patio and watch the whole thing without having to fight the insane traffic to go anywhere. That being said; it's April in Ohio, so at best there's a 50/50 chance we'll even be able to see it due to it being forecasted that we'll have cloudy skies all day, and not partly like Binary mentioned: full on cloud cover.

Either way, they've cancelled schools all around the area so the kids will be home and we're trying to make an event out of it for them, so we'll see how it goes.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m heading to Indianapolis unless something crazy happens. Funny though not surprising the weather predictions from 3-4 days ago have completely flipped where I was thinking Cleveland or buffalo. As complex as the weather forecast modeling has become it all still smacks of “nobody knows nothing.” Like other odd specific events millions of mini experts pop up online and everyone thinks they have a grasp on any of it after 2 hours of “doing their own research.”

I’m not one of those “enjoy the experience no matter the outcome” types. The whole fucking purpose is to see it. I can stare at clouds any time I want. I’ll be super bummed if I miss it being this close to totality.

In true cruel fate fashion today there is not a cloud in the sky.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are departing for Italy today, so we’ll miss the eclipse event entirely. More disappointing, we’ll also be missing the Rapture, according to the MAGA morons.

Regarding the Rapture - since they’ve tied it to the eclipse, will only those in the path of totality be raptured? What about the chosen throughout the US? Or the rest of the world? I need to plan ahead if our Italian train conductor is going to disappear on us between Rome and Florence.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it moronic that these MAGA idiots tied themselves to a guy who couldn't name five books of the bible.

Jealous of your trip. Been wanting to go to Italy. Specifically Florence

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Got my bib and corral/wave number for London yesterday. Reality has set in and the excitement is building. One more super chill 2 hour run tomorrow then it's eating, sleeping, and a random mix of 5/10ks until the start

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Break a leg dude!

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

you motherfucker....

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Isn't that like "good luck" for runners? Did I get that wrong?

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

how hard can running be? It’s not like it’s brain surgery.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And there's no guns involved... so it sounds like a win win.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's good luck for most people........

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be viewing the eclipse through a welding mask on Monday; I'd expect about 1/4 - 1/3 coverage in my area.

And Jugle Julia, God love her... She's a smart girl, she really is. She's got a Master's degree, but sometimes she makes me shake my head.

I told her to take my extra welding mask on Monday to view the eclipse, and she just gave me a quizzical look and asked:

"Can't I just use sunglasses?"

Then I had to explain to her about how just because part of the sun is covered, it's still too bright, etc.

Thank God for that ass.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just be careful with the welding helmet.

https://www.eastwood.com/garage/can..._eAUKmICecIDLcgcDH7MvfKYUZyADlk8aAtd9EALw_wcB

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We took a big family trip there when I was in high school. We saw Venice, Florence, and Rome. Florence was the prettiest and nicest of the three. Although I think it was Rome that everybody got drunk in the giant basement room we rented where my brother did a captivating and believable monologue as Gollum.

20. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We’re a couple hours from the path of totality so I think we’ll get 98-99% coverage. But New York State as a whole seems to be cashing in on this event in every way they can. Including a metric fuck ton of troopers and sheriff deputies out already pulling people over, judging by the ride home from dinner.

They’re also going apeshit with emergency services from what I’ve been told. Our county executive apparently told the local, privately owned ambulance service no non-emergency transports for a few hours on Monday, “just in case.”

Our son said his one manager recently left, and the guy who is now his manager took Monday off because he’s terrified about what the eclipse will bring; the end of the world or whatever these inbred fucktards believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.