Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] PLANT A VEGGIE GARDEN DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Hey look! Here's a holiday dedicated to @Nettdata 's weekend plans. I've got a couple things to bury but mine is mostly in place. Anybody going to try to plant something for the first time this spring? A lot more people are spending time in their yards since covid kept us all home, and for some, the new hobbies stuck.

[​IMG]

I think I'll be enjoying some pineapple mimosas on the deck this weekend. They are so much better than OJ, if you haven't tried it, pick up some prosecco and pineapple juice immediately. We have a bottle of leftover prosecco from last weekend and I must have a re-do on those beverages.

Happy Friday, people. What are you up to this weekend?

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ll be doing some lightweight gardening- potting some tomato plants on the deck, and hoping they actually yield some fruit. It’s an annual ritual.

Unfortunately, I will not be touring a greenhouse with two hot chicks in leather miniskirts.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have a dedicated space in my yard for planting yet, but we do have a lot of pots littered about on the back patio. So far we've gotten some lavendar, oregano, thyme, parsley, chives, two varieties of tomatoes (pretty sure one might already have died out), and we're going to pick up some pepper varieties, sweet basil and the oldest kid wants to try growing strawberries. I haven't had much to contribute, but I have been reading everything in the gardening thread for research.

As far as the weekend goes, I just got a delivery from Southern Grist of a variety of IPA's that I'm looking forward to getting into.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My weekend will consist of finding out if the baby is still breach and if so, whether or not the attempts to turn him will trigger labor. Juice from 15 years ago had very different Friday nights.

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had good luck with the spinning babies exercises! Not sure if you’re doing an ECV or Webster or what but I hope it works. I got this monster to flip at like 33 weeks but I do not envy the heartburn your poor wife must be having. Mine is bad now but it was so much worse with his head all up in my ribs.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My seedlings are better than yours. Haha.

Took today off to have a 4-day weekend. Just got back from a 1 hr road trip to a really nice nursery out of town, because they have awesome plants, and no lineups. Everything local to me is just a zoo.

Scored some nice hanging plants for the pergola, some killer ferns for the water fountain on the deck, and a bunch of filler decorative flowers/shrubs I'll be adding to the back yard as part of Operation Attract More Bees.

Also got 40 bags of topsoil that need to be unloaded and turned into the raised beds.

Goal for end of day is to have the 2 big beds all weeded/tilled with new topsoil, a bunch of seeds planted, and the transplants in. It's ambitious, and I'm considering pounding the Robax in advance. Never mind it's already showing 91°F out there on the weather station.

Regardless, it's a great way to spend a Friday.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh... rum and ginger beer is a solid gardening hydration liquid, and outperforms Gatorade and the like, right?

8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need to learn how to post photos on this website and how to move photos from my phone onto a computer. Hey I got to learn sometime I guess. I earlier spent $60 on new Sprinkler heads to get the system working correctly. Oscar already bit one of the new ones off. Argh.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Thanks. Yeah, that’s the exact thing my wife is dealing with. The rib pain has been rough and her heartburn has been constant for at least a month. She’s popping Tums all the time and is going to have bones like Wolverine when this is all done. The baby is 37 weeks as of today, so if she went into labor at any point we’d be okay. It beats the severe preeclampsia and subsequent NICU stay we had with our daughter.

Not sure what technique their using to turn him, I just know it’s with high-risk OBGYNs.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same girl, same

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure alcohol dehydrates you so depends on one's goals.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I use imgur.com to host pictures, then once uploaded right click and select copy image location for a link to the pic that can be used on this site.

I hate that you have to use the app (and therefore have your name associated with the upload) to upload on mobile to imgur. Fuckin dumb. Hard pass.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're on desktop, and it's just one picture, you can just copy/paste into the post.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have some more plants to pot and a garden to plant, but the weather shifted and we went from a high of 60’s to fucking 90 overnight. So by the time I get stuff watered and animals squared away ( sudden increase is hard on the goats, we almost lost one to pneumonia 2years ago this very week ) I don’t feel like doing anything more.

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just picked up several varieties of tomatoes including a local variety and some cherry tomatoes, along with some basil and parsley. Now I’m doing what I should be doing on a Friday evening- I’m at my bar, actually sitting at the bar having a drink(s) for the first time in about 15 months.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There's a "local variety" developed at OSU called Oregon Spring that I want to try next spring. It is determinate but a super early producer, I might get it going for early yields and then switch over to my favorite indeterminates. What variety are you trying?

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bought some Rutgers, developed at the university from some heirloom varieties.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

There’s a Texas A&M variety of jalapeños. They’re fire.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Owlets, bitches!

Owlets - New.jpg

Jungle Julia thought for sure the latest one (on the high branch) wasn't going to make it, but after dripping some water in its mouth and a few mealworms, it perked right up.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Jeff Lowe ladies and gents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.