Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL MAKE YOUR BED DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Make your bed you lazy slut, because its national make your bed day.

I'm going to say no thanks, because I'm a grown ass woman and you're not my mom.

Also I might want to nap later and it's all ready to go.

Sexy ladies in unmade beds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today the winds are shifting which will bring more smoke my direction, so indoors I will be. What does this weekend hold for you?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Heading to Martha’s Vineyard with the wife for our 5th anniversary.

Edit: Already embarrassed myself on the ferry. I thought the captain was waving at me so I gave an enthusiastic wave back. He was waving at the little kid behind me.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my truck's hood this morning and our downtown skyline. So yeah, lot of indoor stuff for me also.

Attached Files:

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My mother in law is in the Portland area so I have been keeping track a little closer than I might normally. It's real bad out there, y'all. Like I think 300aqi will damage your lungs with a short amount of exposure. Here's a map:
    https://aqicn.org/map/oregon/

The westward winds that spread the fire so fast and made the coastline so smoky have abated, but later a milder east wind is expected. We have hazy skies and moderate levels of particulates in the air as it is but we are forecast to have severe conditions Sunday evening into Monday as the winds blow that shit to us.

500k evacuated, 4.2mil in the state. Yikes.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Hah! This made my day. I hope your wife made fun of you.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, this happened in my home town today...

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I’m crossing my fingers this comes through....

a while back our schools found out about some grant money floating around. Not a lot, but it was something. Tax dollars at work people, going to a community near you. Basically you just had to come up with an idea that you want funded, give them a number and where the money would go, and send in a proposal outlining the entire project. If it was convincing enough, you’d get it funded.

So my wife and I came up with the idea of doing STEM labs at the preschools. No clue what to do other than that we wanted to introduce learning on robotics, some basic engineering, bolster our existing science curriculum, etc. I watched a bunch of Space-X stuff to get inspired then wrote the proposals for each school after some more research. She does all the toy ordering so we have the logistics of it down.... heard through the grapevine that they were overwhelmed by the proposal, and not only want us to do it but also to create training on it for other schools. Awesome, just gotta write the curriculum for it first on our end. One of our head curriculum dudes is obsessed with legos and robotics and the like though so this is right up his alley.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My wife: “You want to go sit on his lap, like a big boy?”

9. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have a hurricane coming on Monday, Paulette, so Sunday I have to move shit inside.

10. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck, what a week. Two days of school felt like two weeks.

11. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My younger daughter did a robotics group in school when she was young that led to robotics competitions at Carnegie Mellon. The kids were really into it. You can have the schools compete against each other.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

that's a really good idea. After it's smart to do so (we still limit group sizes to 10 due to COVID right now) I'll look at the logistics of making that happen. I helped write the curriculum years back when we were re-doing it, and even though it's less of my thing now, I can still get it going.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My daughter did introductory robotics in 6th grade, and it was essentially programmable legos. We were warning her to practice, but she got all cocky and figured she would wing it. Her team’s turn came, she pressed a few buttons- and the robot moved about 2 inches and stopped.

Cue a panicked pressing of an increasingly incorrect series of buttons, the robot refused to move and she humiliated.

That ended robotics for her.

14. Wut

Wut
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My daughter’s robotics was programmable legos also. Her team wasn’t very good and she lost interest after about two years. It’s a big thing though, there are competitions all over the place.

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, people that don't store their cups, dishes, bowls and pans upside down, do you just like that cabinet dust added to your food and beverages?

My mother-in-law is one of these people, cups come out of the cabinet with dust in them. Sure, it's probably because she lives alone and the Looney tunes glass I picked hasn't been out of the cabinet in months, but there is a better way, my way.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

That's my thinking on how I want to do that portion of it. We're looking at our 4 yo and KG classes, as well as after schoolers which go through 13 years old, so it's gonna need to be a range of developmentally appropriate stuff. We have our own wholesale toy company so ordering and distribution won't be an issue, and we can just write the curriculum for it around what cool things we find. Beauty of private schools is we don't have the same bureaucracy the public ones do. I get a good idea, text my boss for approval and our budget, my wife can start researching and ordering the stuff while I text our curriculum people the general goal then just proof and edit the stuff as they turn the ideas into actionable lessons and training. Kinda cool when the whole process gets going.

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or just be a functional adult and rotate your usage of shit... I take a dish, bowl, cup, etc. from the top of the pile, use it, clean it and then when I put it away, it goes on the bottom of the stack of whatever. That way, next time I grab something, it's not the one I JUST WASHED.

Also, your way is wrong because any residual moisture in the vessel is going to now drop onto the cabinetry and eventually lead to rot and/or warping.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im 2/3rd the way through my Swayze cheesie movies Ive never seen. Red Dawn and now Pointe Break out of the way. Still need to watch Road House. Im 50/50 on these two though. Point Break was all sorts of 90s action cheese that was pop corn fun and utterly retarded. Red Dawn is not a good movie. Paced like absolute shit that nothing else shown through. Not even so bad it's good. It's just long and bad.

I have to thank, @Frebis? For recommending Old Grandad 114. It is really good. Actually blew away the Four Roses Small Batch Select I got as well.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m shocked you found grandad in the Cincinnati area. That shit gets snatched up quick.

I’ve been drinking the shit out of Old Forrester 1920. It’s my new I don’t want to line up on Thursday morning bourbon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.