Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL HAVE A COKE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I saw this video a few months ago and had no idea who The Hu were... never mind why they were doing a song with Shaddix of Papa Roach fame.

Very cool sound, for sure...

I have to think that them doing a collaboration with Baby Metal would be off the charts.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    We also were driving through the woods when one of their songs came on the radio. I mentioned I liked it and my buddy said "That's The HU."

I immediately replied "The Who? There's no fucking way that's The Who."

Then he called me an idiot and explained they're The HU, not The Who.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Asian metal is it?

Sex Machineguns (Japan) are “Visual Kei” outlandish/hilarious costumes, as thrash-heavy as early Metallica:

Tang Dynasty (China) hell I think they may be China’s only first generation metal band. I dint know what the devil they’re saying, but the talent is there.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Babymetal is dead to me after Yui left the band. Their new stuff sucks.

Hell, they played in Vegas last year and I had free tickets...I declined.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ever see “Loudness”? Japanes metal band that sings in English, but they don’t actually speak any English.

ABBA was like that. The greatest harmonizing group ever didn’t even know half of what the fuck they were singing their first few years. Later they did a Spanish album too.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Funny you mentioned them, I was just watching some of their videos.

"Thunder in the East" is still one of the greatest album names ever.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only way I can describe this idiot is imagine thinking you just won the game only to have the opposing team kick in your locker room door and murder your entire team.

This guy has a channel for his store that is him constantly busting thieves. I can’t believe how many fucking people still steal with how easy it is to spy and record now. This guy has ZERO issues with confrontation, by the way.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I loved being schooled by the dude at Ace about what part I need and it turns out wrong anyway. Fuck that guy. I don't know plumbing lingo but was very clear about the very simple part I needed (a 12" length of 1.5" pipe, but it needed to be thin gauged like the other poly piping under the kitchen sink). He was talking circles all around me and passively insulting me a few times but I overlooked it because I just wanted to get what I needed so we could fix our sink. And he was still wrong in the end, because he wasn't fucking listening to what I needed.

I'm sure his wife is very unhappily married and he's really bad at sex.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just imagine what he’s spinning about you to his friends after three beers tonight, about the dizzy broad who came into the store today and
    WOULD
    NOT
    SHUT
    UP.

Four broken down golf carts, bartender. I’m feeling dangerous.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I first realized I had gotten old when I saw some college kids looking confused in the stain/sandpaper/glue aisle of Home Depot and I approached them and asked, "What'chu boys lookin' to get done?"

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm sure he is, fucking asshole. I kept explaining as best as I could our current set up, what I needed, and why (there is a persistent small leak because they cut the previous garbage disposal discharge pipe too short by 1/2," all the pipes were all crammed together shittily and now that we replaced the garbage disposal we are just trying to correct that piece), and he was just going in circles around me. I would listen to what he said and then disagree about what I needed because actually our details were X,Y,Z. I was definitely insistent because it was clear he wasn't getting me, but that makes ME the idiot somehow. It doesn't bother me to talk things out until I get to the correct answer but maybe most people aren't like that?

Ugh. Just chaps my britches. I think he had a bad impression of me from the get-go because how dare I think wearing a mask in public was important. He made comments to his coworker who was standing there about how what he was saying just wasn't registering with me (actually Buddy, I get it, but am taking a moment to formulate a response because YOU aren't getting ME). He asked if I was doing this project on my own, and looked happier and more confident when I said my husband was doing most of it but I needed to pick up the part while he was at work.

PS: I would be doing this on my own normally because I am pretty handy, but in my current state can't get under the sink and can barely get off the floor by myself.

I used to stroll leisurely around Home Depot/Lowes for project ideas and such (not these days though) and I have definitely approached strangers to get advice on how to do shit or make a project work the way I want. The employees are hit or miss. Find the 50s+ contractor looking dude with the tan and dirty boots and he'll never steer you wrong.

12. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen the Hu in a lineup with Devil Driver and Static X. That was an excellent show and I thought the Hu were better live than recorded.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I posted on here about them awhile back. Good band and they’ve got a unique sound. And those instruments look badass.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We just half ass fixed our kitchen sink. Put in a new disposal and one pipe didn’t quite reach the new unit. We hack sawed some off down stream and made it worse. Got the cheapest slumlord accordion flex piping and spent a week gumming up leaks. It works alright now but we eventually did spring for the decent pvc piping but haven’t installed it. Love Home Depot. Always cute girls working the check out and hot housewives looking for kitchen backsplash. Plus it smells like cut lumber which is always great.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which Home Depot are you going to?

In my area, it's some fat woman on the counter, a bunch of FUCKING MORONS roaming the store, asking if I need help (but unable to provided it; they never know what the hell I'm talking about*), and no hot housewives, only fat people.

There are a lot of fat people in the Valley.

*Fun fact: Home Depot and Lowes (and a bunch of other places) refused to hire me when I got out of prison because had a criminal record.
    That's right, don't hire the guy who knows what's what, hire some highschooler because he/ she looks good on paper.

FUCK HOME DEPOT.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Only go there if I have to. There’s one a few minutes up the road, and Lowe’s is a good 30 minutes one way. At Home Depot it’s like they actively avoid trying to help. See a customer and act busy, or disappear, just so they don’t have to answer questions. At Lowe’s they’re everywhere, and for the few times I actually have a how-to question rather than just need help locating something they’ve been great.

Also important right now, Home Depot is a complete shit show as far as sanitation and masks and the like goes. At Lowe’s there’s a person there sanitizing the carts with one of those pesticide sprayers you see on the back of ATVs. You get your cart sanitized and wiped down before you touch it as well as a free high alcohol content shower if you need it. And there’s signs everywhere reminding people to stay the fuck away from each other.

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Home Depot started fine in the 80s and 90s but sucks balls now. My dad worked at 2 Home Depots from 1995 until 2004 when he kicked the bucket . When he started they worked under the old business model - employees were well paid, they hired experienced people (painters in the paint department, carpenters in lumber, etc), and they gave shares in the company to most employees. Many folks worked there full time.

A couple of years after he started they cut down on eligibility for stocks, and cut starting wages. Instead you got these stupid patches you could accumulate for a very small bonus - like $50.

By the time he died many employees were down to part time do they didn’t have to pay benefits and they were hiring anyone off the street, leading to what you see today. I’m fairly handy for basic things, but don’t know alot about any one thing. Somehow I often know as much as the employees I’m talking to.

Add to that the shitty, Chinese made products, and the baffling phenomenon of often not being able to find what I need in a warehouse full of stuff - I now almost always go to a couple of local places that still exist here, unless I’m buying basic items in bulk.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hardware stores and pizza places are identical in the fact that the mom & pop places have better quality with better people working in them, pretty much always. Smaller is better here.

19. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've lived in multiple states across the county and I have yet to walk into a Home Depot that doesn't look freshly rat fucked.

Lowe's on the other hand is usually clean and orderly, but has a vary narrow selection of options and rarely has the option I want or need.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I've found that lowes has a bit bigger selection than is obvious. You just have to look it up on your phone and you'll see where the product is located in the store. Aisle, shelf, bay for your local store are listed. They organize that shit to the point of hiding it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.