Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] NATIONAL BARTENDER APPRECIATION DAY[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Crown, Hamm got a bit of that in Baby Driver. Was good.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, Japan is often cited as the prime example, but Japan is also smaller than Montana. Plus, the train companies like Amtrak dont own the rails, they lease time on them. The US rail system was built specifically for freight, so passenger trains have to be designed to fit that system.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You talk about your country like travelling through it isn’t amazing. Place like Kentucky are gorgeous and since you’re zipping through on a train you won’t get the downside of having to talk to the people from there.

USA has a little of everything— deserts, mountains, tropical beaches, tundra & ice, canyons and forests. You can go skiing, drive 50 miles and get a heated suntan in the right places of the southwest. That’s crazy. And all the cities in between, nice ones like San Diego, Columbus and those other ones.

#83 Crown Royal, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The US really is gorgeous. I’ve hit all but six states and there are amazing places everywhere I’ve been.
    The people in those places? Ehhh. Hit or miss.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I didn’t like what they did with his character.
    I really like how he started, but suddenly making him Jason-like felt abrupt.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We would have a massive eminent domain problem if they were to attempt a massive US rail system for human transport. We are having that in Texas right now. They are trying to build a high speed rail from Houston to Dallas that would get you there in 90 minutes versus a 4 hours car ride. Flights between the 2 are roughly an hour. The issue they are having is getting the land for the rails. A lot of people are excited about the idea of getting to Dallas that quickly. The pro business politicians out here are all about it. The anti big government politicians are vehemently against it. It would open the possibility of extending the rail to San Antonio and Austin as well. Putting rails in a bunch of red states will go over poorly. The northeast already has a pretty good system.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s just so foreign to people here. There’s an inherent distrust in something like that no matter how well it’s done.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Seems like there's almost an inverse correlation between how beautiful a place is, and how nice the people are who live there.

Florida is really easy to pick on, but the whole west coast (Gulf Coast) is a perfect example. Absolutely stunning. Fucking cunts for residents though.

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The entire upper left corner is amazing. The people there are weird af but the nature is incredible.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Weird is ok. Being a dick isn't. I'm looking at you, Southern California.

The midwest, "flyover states" are also amazing. Everyone should drive through Montana and Wyoming just once in their lives.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed on Montana and Wyoming.
    “Weird” in this sense means like...they’re SUPER nice. Crazy nice.

but they’re also flannel wearing conservative hillbillies. Its hard to explain until you see it.

I’m FROM Texas and went to a school with the confederate flag as our banner and I was STILL surprised at the number of confederate flags there.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

same. Live in Texas. I’m used to hyper conservative = rude and racist. Up there they aren’t at all. They’re nice as can be and if you don’t agree with them... well ok, if you need anything let us know!

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can tell you the sights and sounds of the flat ass midwest are not train trip worthy. You really don't realize growing up there how flat and boring the landscape is until you fly out west and visit Colorado or Arizona that have huge breathtaking sights where ever you are. Appalachia is great I don't get out to the national parks in the Eastern part of Ohio enough. Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains are an under appreciated mountain range. Filled with tourist trap areas we ended up taking some back roads to get to our cabin in Gatlinburg one spring break and boy their are some breath taking mountains.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I can testify that Detroit is not beautiful. And parts of Western Ohio had a Mad Max-feel to them.
    Arizona is my favourite place in the USA. It’s eye candy galore, perfect weather and a driver’s dream. And Northern California is the tits. The PCH drive from there to Washington state should be a bucket list for anybody.

Although I think Tucson is the original home to That Guy. A lot of basketball shorts/wifebeater wardrobes to be seen.

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Minime and I drove the PCH from Aberdeen to south of Monterey in February when he moved back to Texas.

absolutely bucket list worthy.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Friday 13th and no new drunk thread? y'all are slacking

Fittingly today my ski helmet came in. We're going to colorado in mid january but the ski area -- Wolf Creek -- doesn't rent helmets so I just bought one on Amazon. My wife said she's gonna make me wear it when I do dangerous things around the house like blow leaves off the roof and climb ladders and walk. Found out a few months ago that due to my brain still not completely filling back in (it's been 12 years since the surgery, so it likely won't ever), that if I hit my head in just the right spot, what would give the average person a concussion could kill me. So yeah, I'm wearing a fucking helmet while skiing.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's in the works. Be patient, idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.