Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] LABOR DAY WEEKEND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Now here's a deal...

nyt.PNG

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That place in Santa Barbara would be about a mill. But it's not, so they're almost paying people to buy it.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, man, I know what you mean. My street light has been flickering on and off the past few weeks and the grocery store only had pepperoni frozen pizza, when I wanted classic combo.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I know myself and many others on here were genuinely worried about you. Thanks for checking in.

Is there any place in particular we should help in sending supplies or donating? I've heard that donating blood in times of need like this can help, but I've also heard it can be an issue because lack of power means they can't store it.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Anyone have a fitness tracker watch they find to be accurate? I tried to cheap out and over time it just hacks me off more and more. There's different tech involved in pedometers and this one apparently relies on arm movement, because I walked over 2.5miles with the stroller this morning and it only recorded like 1800 steps.

6. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of the fitness watches aren't going to perform real well when you are pushing a stroller or anything that keeps the arm motionless. I have heard of people wearing the tracker on their ankle to get around this though.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's a good idea. As a plus it will look faintly similar to a home arrest ankle monitor, and I'll give the neighbors something to talk about. Let's see if I can find some bungie cords to get this thing wrapped around my cankle.

8. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine records all my stroller walks as exceptionally slow bike rides. Luckily it’s cooling off a tiny bit so wearing baby is an option again. It was a rough few weeks when he would only nap in the wrap but it was like 90* outside.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends on your goals.

If your goal is accuracy, skip the fitness trackers or measuring by steps, and buy a GPS watch, like a Garmin. If you only need the basics, you can buy the cheapest Garmin GPS + heart rate watch they have, and you'll get a far more accurate evaluation, plus access to the (pretty decent) Garmin website that will track and trend everything for you.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an Apple Watch. It works when I push the stroller. It usually is within +- 50 feet to the mile. On the treadmill it is pretty accurate if I’m running. But way slow on walking. I know you didn’t ask that.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

same. Wife got me hooked on the Apple Watch thing. Works great as a fitness tracker and I’ve found the heart rate monitor to be very accurate (comparing it to my HR on blood pressure machine and oximeter).

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I looked up the lower tier watch @Binary , the Garmin Instinct, and it definitely covers all my bases. I'm reading some mixed reviews on accuracy but you've me a product line to investigate. The only feature on my current watch that I love that I don't see on this is the cell phone finder button. I lose it all the time.

I'm going to read up on the Apple smart watches too, but if accuracy isn't any different, I probably won't be buying in at their higher price point. The look of their watches is sleeker but y'all have heard enough of my shits and love of digging in dirt to know that isn't a deciding factor for me.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

you won't go wrong either way. I like that my apple watch can do EKGs which I can send to my doctor, but I've been using garmin tech forever and they're a rock solid brand. I used to be real gentle with my apple watch (version 4) but after I took it swimming and boating and fishing and never had an issue with water resistance, I stopped caring. I just wear it in the shower with me at the end of the day to get all the dirt and grime off.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

For anyone that buys weed or other THC products from a dispensary, have you used any THC balms before? Do they do anything or are they just junk?

15. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I made one with a bunch of trim from a friend who grows herself some high cbd/low thc weed. Added some arnica as well. I find it helpful for headaches and sore muscles. My mom uses it on all of her arthritic joints and feels like it helps. It’s a nice thing to have in my cabinet if maybe placebo/maybe helpful but with everything like that ymmv.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

burning boxes and brush after a good rain, went over to a tree to take a piss. Got this horrible thought in my head like "it'd be just my luck if there was a goddamn snake at the base of this thing." Turned on my phone.... and sure enough. I was pissing on a goddamn snake.

Here I am all terrified my dick could have been snake food and my wife is making jokes on the family text about it being too small of a target anyway. Anyone else married to an asshole or just me?

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Check out dcrainmaker.com for reviews. He does very indepth reviews, but also writes in a way that's easy to understand.

I'm on my 2nd Fenix HR watch from Garmin, I used a Fenix 3HR for 5yrs before upgrading to a Fenix 6HR solar last year. My brother now uses the 3HR. They're very durable watches. The band wear faster than I'd like but I wear mine almost constantly.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So... Did you kill it?

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

put it in a terrarium on the nightstand next to my wife. She's gonna wake up to a hell of a surprise!

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your wife is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.