Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HERO DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I refer to these as "dead socks."

[​IMG]

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Happy Thanksgiving Dinner to all the fellow Canucks around.

Today is that fun day when we have immediate family over. The Sister, BIL, and his mother (BILM) are joining Mom and I for dinner. There's always a bit of family drama going on, so we'll see how it goes.

Usually things are 1000 times better when my sister has a buzz on.... so we've got her favourite drinks on hand.

The BILM is always a judgey old crone, and she now just came out of the hospital due to bowel surgery, so this should be interesting.

Regardless, I'm doing turkey 2 ways this year... traditional 28 lbs turkey in the oven ("stuffed" with onion, orange, bacon, and rosemary), and another 12 lbs turkey on the Big Green Egg with a bourbon, blackened, cider thing going on.

Either way, this year I'm getting some fucking leftovers for a change. Every other year it seems that everyone gets packed out the door with shit-tons of leftovers, and then when I hit the fridge that night for a snack there's fuck all left over... when all I wanted was a bit of white meat, stuffing, and some fucking gravy... after slaving for fucking hours making the damn stuff. NO. FUCK YOU. I'M NOT BITTER ABOUT THAT SHIT AT ALL.

Again... not this year.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meanwhile, had some fun yesterday. I was wondering how the roof was doing these day and then I remembered that I had a drone, so why not? I also have a fucked up attic fan so I wanted to do a bit of a recce of it without having to get up on a ladder.

Worked out amazingly well. All the original video is in 5k, and these pics are massively downsampled. (It's a DJI Air 2S).

Even got to spy on the neighbours and the work that everyone seems to be doing in their back yards... lots of pools, hot tubs, and landscaping going on in our neighbourhood. Last week we had 2 different cement trucks show up from 2 different vendors and they were fighting for space on our little cul-de-sac.

And yes, I do need to have my gutters cleaned. Turns out I have some major foliage growing in some parts, and others are jammed with a ton of sand(?) from the shingles. Looks like it's time to call someone to come clean them up.

2021-10-09-home-roof-01.jpeg

2021-10-09-home-roof-03.jpeg

2021-10-09-home-roof-04.jpeg

2021-10-09-home-roof-06.jpeg

2021-10-09-home-roof-15.jpeg

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Architect shingles are so much nicer than standard. Last way longer too.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And it looks like I piqued the interest of a back yard get together with one of my neighbours.

2021-10-09-home-roof-05.jpg

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I've got a 50 year warranty on the roof. One of the joys of buying the family home, you know all the shit that was done with it, so I know when the roof was done, and who did it, etc. They happened to be a vendor that dad knew and used for years, and remember him fondly, so makes it easier to carry on with maintenance.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I have never seen her comedy, but I’m fairly confident this is accurate.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve seen two of her specials. Some of it is about that, but much of it was pretty intelligent and funny.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Two turkeys for Canadian ThanksGiving this year.

Bourbon and apple hickory smoked on the Egg, and classic oven roasted.

So far so good!

EDA63235-6EE9-4929-A1B9-80369D53DCA5.jpeg

45652773-2928-403B-9131-B806DEDAAD21.jpeg

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Beer added for Canadian authenticity for @Rush-O-Matic benefit.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is the countertop higher than the range grates?

We might end up hosting American Thanksgiving again this year. If so, I think I'm going to spatchcock the turkey. I've done one on the Egg and rotisseriered another one but I think one spatchcocked on the Egg would be pretty damn tasty.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nope, just a weird angle for the pic.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched both her specials. I liked the first one, although it definitely hewed closer to spoken word than stand up comedy at times. It is very much a performance piece that relies on the totality of the performance to get its point across. It's almost a deconstruction of stand up comedy by executing a comedy set and then exploring what that comedy set left out or wasn't saying. The second one felt a bit redundant.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    This guy does quite a few "What if..." videos. It's some pretty damn cool stuff.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Her second special was the shittiest thing ever produced. She even said herself “I shouldn’t have concentrated my rape experience into just one special!”

…because now she’s just stuck with doing really, really, REALLY shitty Australian Comedy. Which is essentially American observational humour from 1983.

The fact reviews say she’s “revolutionizing comedy” is an insult to comedy. She isn’t funny in the least.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First one was....interesting. It's kind of like a character exposition. Quirky, but if I'd paid to see it live, I'd have been pissed. She has all the charisma of Pat from "It's Pat", and about as much sex appeal. I hope her rape experience happened in dim lighting, otherwise, I've got some questions.

It feels like someone who's been given a head of steam because they're (insert whatever demographic here), but not actually talented, and the demographic they belong to is the only thing they really have to talk about. In her case, it's just not appealing past the first one.

My litmus test is pretty simple: talk for an hour, and you get 15 minutes (25%) to talk about your gender/sexuality/race/whatever. Anything beyond that suggests you don't really know what else to talk about. Put another way: if all you are is queer, that makes you a boring, one-dimensional person.

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've spatchcocked all our turkeys with herbed butter since the first one a few years ago. It's never dry and takes half the time. One year we went to a cousin's house and he deep fried it and it tasted almost like turkey flavored butter. Pretty sure I made sex noises while I was eating it.

Maybe this is the year that I can convince the wife how much easier it would be to cook a bird in 30 minutes instead of 2-3 hours. And now I'm hungry.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pretty much. There is not one Australian comedian that I find remotely funny, and that includes Jim Jeffries. It's like they only inspiration they have ever had for comedy was some shitty Paula Poundstone routine and nothing else.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I quite like Jim Jeffries, especially his early work. And Legit was fucking hilarious, partially because of how off sides the humour was. It was awesome seeing him do shit that other comedians were afraid of.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He does fall a bit into the "shock" category for me. He definitely has some awesome stories. The egg routine, for one.

Ursula Carlson is a Kiwi comic that I weirdly enjoyed.

I think for me, all the folks from NZ and Oz I know are legit funny as fuck, so their comedians just feel deflated. It's like, I can go listen to Brian talk about rugby and ladyboys all day for free....why pay money for someone else to do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.