Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY HALLOWEINER [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh my god I was not expecting this many kids. This is all I have left. We are only an hour in.
    20181031_183115.jpg

I also spilled the spaghetti everywhere when the neighbor came over with her kids. I just kept giving her kids more and more candy as she stood there and invited me to dinner at her house sometime. I accidentally fell against the light switches and popped all the front lights on and off. I also dropped a bunch of candy on the ground in the middle of all this. Someone save me from myself.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Do you have bullion cubes? They won't discover your sham until much later.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

YOU WILL BE JUDGED, and found wanting.

It's been nice knowing you.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You just need to get laid. Start looking for change to give out. $5 usually will put a smile on a child.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tonight it looks like we got about 340 kids. Our next door neighbour had fourteen. Most of out trick or treaters arrive in large groups of cars who hear about us in the paper or whatever.

6. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Zero. Zero kids this year. Last year we had a lot, with the last group rolling through at 9:30.

We live in a neighborhood with a ton of kids from elementary through high school and not one came to our place yesterday. At one point I went out and looked down the road to see if they were just turning back before reaching the culdesac, but there was no one to be seen.

Trunk-or-treat is getting bigger in our town. A couple car dealerships do it, and there was one at the high school, too. I guess maybe that's the way the wind is blowing these days.

Now I just have a ton of fun size candy I'll probably end up throwing out at Christmas.

7. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It started pouring about 30 minutes in so we only got a few kids. I was telling the kids to just grab a handful so I'll have less sitting around the house.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m trying to find the connection between these three sentences and have been unsuccessful.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weather was low 80's during the day dropping into the 60's in the evening so I think that explains our turnout as we had twice as many groups as last year, which means we had two groups. I think my neighbor hood is like Nett's. Lot of people have lived there for decades and their kids are older and have moved out.

And like effinshenanigans said, trunk or treat is getting pretty big. I drove by a huge shindig on Tue that looked like a mini carnival.

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First Halloween in the new house in a still being built development. The weather was perfect for it, but we had maybe six groups of kids show up which is about right for the number of kids currently running around the neighborhood. Next year looks to be exponentially larger once the additional streets & houses are completed. Also, we are situated between two built up areas so I'm guessing we will have a sizable "not from the immediate neighborhood" contingent next year as well.

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, so I may or may not find a reason to be out of town for next year.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

On top of that, now all the grandparents in the area are heading out to their kids' places instead of sticking around, so probably 1/2 the houses aren't even lit up.

Silly kids, though... they should learn to target such areas... as every kid that came to the door got easily 10 times the shit that we'd normally give out just because we wanted to get rid of it all with such low numbers.

12. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did anyone else experience the immense failure of parenting that was my neighborhood, where I told the kids to take four or five and they all replied, "Oh no thanks, I'll just take one."

I have so many Twix now.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WTF, who doesn't take extra Twix when they're offered?

I live out in the middle of nowhere, so nobody comes by my house. But, I did go into town dressed as Hopper and milled around kids and partiers before (trick or) treating myself to a beer. People kept asking, "is that a real gun?" To which I replied, "yes, it's a real gun." I am guessing they meant is it a deadly firearm, loaded with lethal ammo. It is not, unless you're fatally allergic to being hit with a plastic BB, but I mean, it wasn't imaginary.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The right answer is Reese’s cups and the failure is yours.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Surely, she's implying that all the Reese's went quickly. And, it's okay to provide other candy besides Reese's because some kids are weird.

Also, I don't see these around much, and I try to avoid buying them all the time, because I would weigh 700 pounds . . . but these are hands down the most delicious candy bars.
    [​IMG]

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reese’s has solved the problem of worthless candy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.