Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] GROUNDHOG DAY [ NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 2, 2024.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy groundhog day! Are you in for 6 more weeks of winter? I think we might get one more cold snap and then permanently warm up. Our high was 55F today. Insane.

upload_2024-2-2_18-1-18.png

The power is out so we are at McDonald's for hot food and playtime. Happy Friday. Make the children stop screaming please. (Oh my God, this woman just yelled for her kid Shadow. Did she birth a child or a Labrador?)

Its also Crispy Bites Day. I fried up some cauliflower and onions at lunch today. I think my trip down south has been on my mind.

IMG_20240202_180406_(600_x_500_pixel).jpg

Y'all be good.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sorry, I'm apparently a day or two late on the CPAP discussion because I was trying to catch up on sleep. I did the at home sleep study Wednesday night.
    I put on the gear and proceeded to toss and turn all damned night. I knew I was going to if I tried to do it at the hospital (or wherever) with even more gear attached to me so I chose to do it at home, foolishly thinking I might actually get some sleep. I then got up early and made the 1.5 hour round trip to return the gear before I started my work day. I caved after just a half hour of work and used a sick day. I was so bleary eyed I couldn't focus on my computer monitors and heard zero about whatever my wife was telling me from the next room. I got about 3.5 hours of actual sleep after that. If I slept at all Wednesday night, I'm willing to bet it was less than 2 hours total.

I hope like hell they got enough info, because I know for a fact a couple of times when I got some "real sleep" I woke up gasping for air.
    I went to bed @ 7:30 last night and got a decent night's sleep (for me) but I'm still dragging ass today.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love orcas

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuckin weak sauce. Put your back into it Shamu:

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s not just the strength, it’s the speed and the hang time orcas have. Those things weigh as much as several cars and they SOAR through the air. They are the apex predator of all the seas, hunt maliciously and brilliantly yet they’re apt to either leaving us alone or showing off in front of us like impressionable kids.

I mean, they could just kill us whenever they feel like it and they don’t. But they do kill trainers in SeaWorld, and those retards refuse to take the hint.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And they hunt great white sharks

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fun fact: a single orca is responsible for every trainer death except one. So it's less "orcas kill trainers" and more "that one orca was a fucking serial killer."

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A friend of mine went on an Antarctic expedition cruise with National Geographic and Lindblad.

They caught some unbelievable footage of 5 orcas working together to create a huge wave to wash a seal off of an ice floe.

The NG video crew basically told the Captain "holy shit STOP!!!"... guided him on where they needed to be to capture the video, and called the NG head office with "hold the presses, we have some incredible footage coming your way".

The passengers on the ship named the seal "Larry" or something, and were rooting for him... he survivied tons of attempts of being washed off the ice.

He showed me his video that he took from the railing on deck... it was absolutely insane.

They be fucking smart.

This was a similar event that was showing the same thing.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"But the seal survived 35 separate attempts and made his getaway! Watch the drama unfold."

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Whales are some of the most intelligent creatures on this earth and live in the equivalent of human nomadic tribes. They communicate with very specific words, their languages have dialects, they plan and hunt together, they mourne their dead and maintain clear relationships. It's fucking immoral to keep normal, healthy whales of any kind in captivity. It's no wonder that one orca ended up becoming a human murderer repeatedly. He made up his mind about something and I can kinda guess what that something might be.

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Orca's aren't whales, they are bad ass porpoises. And yes, they are hella smart.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You're right. The common grouping for whales, porpoises and dolphins should be the infrared Cetacea.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacea

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

of the things in the ocean that we know about, orcas scare me the most. Sure, sharks are like curious puppy dogs who happen to take an arm or leg with them if they decide to see what you are out of curiosity. But as long as you don't fuck with them, or look and act like one of their food sources, you're gonna be fine. Orcas on the other hand? They'll kill you slowly for sport, and then play volleyball with your corpse.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

r/lebowski is one of the best subreddits. Every post lends itself to every line. Instant karma farming.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think there is a single documented human death due to orcas in the wild. Some attacks, sure, but deaths?

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'll be the first, watch